Staging and set creation

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

danielleV
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Staging and set creation

Post by danielleV » Sat May 10, 2014 6:42 pm

I have always admired the imagination of all the Alice staging and set creations; how many super ideas, set creations, etc!! who decide of them , i mean, Alice of course is the boss, but what enterprise built and discuss about this essential element of an Alice's show? I know there is a costume creation enterprise, but what is the one in charge of the set??
"I know Danielle!", Alice Cooper, Paris 2017

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Staging and set creation

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat May 10, 2014 7:47 pm

>but what is the one in charge of the set??

It varies from tour to tour.

danielleV
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by danielleV » Sat May 10, 2014 8:16 pm

oh.
I see.
I remember the Baby park in steel, big size, Alice was thrown in it...so fantastic idea! i saw it in Paris L'Olympia.
And the Theatre of Death show,i saw it in London...and in my street home in Marseille at Le Dome theatre!!!! the moment when Alice strangle Rozetta under the white curtain clair obscur effect; genius!! references are often to ancient horror movies. i remember a reference to phantom of the Paradise Movie (my favorite movie), when Beef is raised on stage and is electrocuted by the phantom, Alice used this once on stage, too references to Frankenstein when the monster is raised and brought to life by electricity (No more mr nice guy tour with Alice in white blouse playing the mad scientist.....), references to Faust too (my favorite Opera from Gounod...)Dr Jeckyll and mr Hyde, the Portraitof Dorian gray........etc.....i am a big cinema fan and its a pleasure to see these references onstage in Alice's shows. this is barely mentioned by fans...
"I know Danielle!", Alice Cooper, Paris 2017

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Sat May 10, 2014 11:45 pm

I loved the "raise your fist and yell" stage way back in 1988. Just incredible. A don't blink show imo!

E_maniac
Trash
Trash

Post by E_maniac » Tue May 13, 2014 3:21 am

Wish i could have seen that show. Missed it :(
Wish there was a professional filmed dvd of that tour. love raise your fist and yell.
Chop chop chop, gail and roses. What a set of songs.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue May 13, 2014 9:16 am

>Wish there was a professional filmed dvd of that tour. love raise your fist and yell.

There is some footage on the two - discs version of "Prime Cuts", as a bonus feature.

E_maniac
Trash
Trash

Post by E_maniac » Tue May 13, 2014 11:54 pm

Yeah i have the 2 disc set which is nice to have (thank god there is a cheat round the annoying snakes and ladders game!) but as its a dress rehearshal its only on alice, would be nice to see the whole band/show to see more of the stage and that, as scotty said it was supposed to be an amazing show/set.
Hopefully one day.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Wed May 14, 2014 8:20 am

>Hopefully one day.

I don't know if a complete performance exists.