Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Hey Stoopid on 180gr vinyl

Post by mestreech » Mon May 12, 2014 1:41 pm

Hi,

on june 24th HEY STOOPID will be released at 180 gr. vinyl.
So after Trash they keep re-releasing the vinyls EXCELLENT news.

Inmate
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Hey Stoopid on 180gr vinyl

Post by Inmate » Mon May 12, 2014 3:35 pm

Sweet! Gotta get it. :8):
"I'm just another case…”

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Mon May 12, 2014 5:24 pm

I think this makes every album from PFY to FTI and then Trash to W2MN now released on 180g vinyl.

Will we ever see the material in between I wonder?
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Tue May 13, 2014 2:50 am

wind_up_toy wrote:I think this makes every album from PFY to FTI and then Trash to W2MN now released on 180g vinyl.

Will we ever see the material in between I wonder?
If the interest in vinyl keep exploding it sure will (I hope).

E_maniac
Trash
Trash

Post by E_maniac » Tue May 13, 2014 3:17 am

As a man who has alot of old crappy records and only a handful of the 180g vinyls (with no working record player for some years now i must confess)
is there a improvement in sound? or do you need a expensive kit to get the most out of it?
I know SACD/DVD/blu ray audios can be great when mastered properly, are the 180g the same?

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Tue May 13, 2014 6:08 am

I find the main benefits of 180g are that the added weight holds them to the table better and that they're less prone to warping. They are, of course, also new so in perfect condition.

Sound quality is good but you probably need a high-end player to get the most out of them.
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Tue May 13, 2014 8:54 am

The problem I have with many of these re-issues is that the vinyl is cut from a digital master - sometimes it's simply taken straight from Cd source. This means the audio quality is likely to be less than the original vinyl when released, which was ofcourse taken from an actual analogue master.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Fri May 16, 2014 2:02 am

While Heaven Wept wrote:The problem I have with many of these re-issues is that the vinyl is cut from a digital master - sometimes it's simply taken straight from Cd source. This means the audio quality is likely to be less than the original vinyl when released, which was ofcourse taken from an actual analogue master.
Yes indeed that sometimes happens. But are you sure this is also the case with the Cooper titles?

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Fri May 16, 2014 10:27 am

mestreech wrote:
While Heaven Wept wrote:The problem I have with many of these re-issues is that the vinyl is cut from a digital master - sometimes it's simply taken straight from Cd source. This means the audio quality is likely to be less than the original vinyl when released, which was ofcourse taken from an actual analogue master.
Yes indeed that sometimes happens. But are you sure this is also the case with the Cooper titles?
No I am not, however one would reasonably assume that if an effort had been made to remaster from the original tapes then they would have bothered to notify people about it. It's an expensive process.

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Fri May 16, 2014 6:34 pm

I'll be tempted to buy this as I never had HS on vinyl. That first side will run just over 30 minutes. I know cutting techniques have improved but 30 minutes for one side of a record is bound to affect sq a bit.

My experience with 180g re-issues (none are AC) has generally been very good. One purchase has disappointed me (Rush MP Live). Sounds so distorted that I deem it defective. Other than that - love 'em.