I'm interviewing Alice tomorrow.. wanna help?

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

davidswan
Trash
Trash

I'm interviewing Alice tomorrow.. wanna help?

Post by davidswan » Sun May 04, 2014 9:59 am

Hi guys - my name's David Swan, a journalist for Aussie music news site FasterLouder.

I'm interviewing Alice tomorrow over the phone, so the question is... what should I ask him? My style is tough questions, so nothing's off limits, really. Lets hear em! I'll ask the best questions.

Thanks in advance :D

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Re: I'm interviewing Alice tomorrow.. wanna help?

Post by Si » Sun May 04, 2014 10:50 am

The obvious one since the film is to ask him why he and his associates have so categorically denied the 80s drug problems for the past 30+ years while talking about his alcohol problems openly.

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Sun May 04, 2014 11:22 am

what can he say to get the fans excited about a covers album? what's going to make this album special to where we are looking forward to it's release like we would an album of all original material? and does he want to divulge some of the guests on the new album yet?

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun May 04, 2014 11:30 am

>The obvious one since the film is to ask him why he and his associates have so categorically denied the 80s drug problems for the past 30+ years while talking about his alcohol problems openly.

I wouldn't say it was "so categorically denied" except on rare occasions - it was generally glossed over or ignored. I think I can give you an answer to that if you want and it is also covered in the interview with Toronto Film Scene which you posted a link to.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Sun May 04, 2014 12:40 pm

Thanks for posting Dave, a question I have is...

In your opinion, what is the best album from each decade of your solo career?
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

Rob
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Rob » Sun May 04, 2014 1:13 pm

Si wrote:The obvious one since the film is to ask him why he and his associates have so categorically denied the 80s drug problems for the past 30+ years while talking about his alcohol problems openly.
Along the same lines will it be 30+ years before the Renfield situation will ever be talked about ?
It must be true A_Michael said so

concolz
Dada God
Dada God

Post by concolz » Sun May 04, 2014 3:09 pm

If you're asking 'tough' questions then that should mean NO chicken, NO Ouija board and NO golf!

Here's a few, some 'tough' some not:

How do you feel about Michael Bruce not being mentioned once throughout the entire 'Super Duper Alice Cooper' film?

Christianity has made you 'draw a line in the sand' regarding not playing certain of your past 'sexualised' songs - you say you don't believe 'that message' anymore - so why have you chosen to actively support Motley Crue on tour? After all, they'll be pumping out 'that message' of sexual objectification every night.

Musically, what are the things you feel most proud about throughout your career? And what are the things you feel most ashamed about?

Which is the best lyric you've ever written?

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Sun May 04, 2014 4:10 pm

I'll be honest and admit that I failed to read the tough questions bit! If that's your angle then...

The new film on you ends in 1986. Why do you think that anything you've done, artistically or personally, over the last 28 years failed to be included?

Hope he doesn't hang up on you :)

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun May 04, 2014 4:12 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:>The obvious one since the film is to ask him why he and his associates have so categorically denied the 80s drug problems for the past 30+ years while talking about his alcohol problems openly.

I wouldn't say it was "so categorically denied" except on rare occasions - it was generally glossed over or ignored. I think I can give you an answer to that if you want and it is also covered in the interview with Toronto Film Scene which you posted a link to.

Nice spin Andy.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun May 04, 2014 4:13 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
A_MichaelUK wrote:>The obvious one since the film is to ask him why he and his associates have so categorically denied the 80s drug problems for the past 30+ years while talking about his alcohol problems openly.

Nice spin Andy.
These questions are for Alice not you are they not?

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Sun May 04, 2014 4:31 pm

wind_up_toy wrote:I'll be honest and admit that I failed to read the tough questions bit! If that's your angle then...

The new film on you ends in 1986. Why do you think that anything you've done, artistically or personally, over the last 28 years failed to be included?

Hope he doesn't hang up on you :)
This question has been asked and answered in many of the interviews for the film.....

Hunter

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Sun May 04, 2014 4:59 pm

Care to point me in the direction of said interviews good man?

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun May 04, 2014 6:24 pm

>Along the same lines will it be 30+ years before the Renfield situation will ever be talked about ?

That is a question for his family and any statements made were made at the time at his family's request.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun May 04, 2014 6:28 pm

>Nice spin Andy.

Which spin are you referring to? Everything I wrote is true. The only denials I can remember were from Brian Nelson and he wanted to protect Alice's privacy. I guess that's another answer to question Si asked. My guess is you are not saying Brian should have not have protected Alice's privacy. Is that correct?

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun May 04, 2014 6:37 pm

>These questions are for Alice not you are they not?

I am allowed to point Si to an article which he posted am I "not"?

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun May 04, 2014 6:40 pm

>Care to point me in the direction of said interviews good man?

It was posted on 1 May in the "HEADLINES" section, but usual, I'm sure most people here don't even look at it.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Sun May 04, 2014 6:50 pm

Thank you, I'll track it down.

I almost always read through the headlines section of this site but it's not been possible to keep fully up-to-date just lately.

old school vet
Killer
Killer

Post by old school vet » Sun May 04, 2014 7:55 pm

A question for me would be, as he given any further consideration to taking Welcome to my nightmare onto the stage on Broadway or London's west end, and does he think this will ever happen?

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Sun May 04, 2014 9:12 pm

If there was to be a movie made of your and ACG's career as a biography as opposed to a documentary who do you think (in the current group of actors) could actually pull off being Vince/Alice? Follow up - who would play the rest of the group?
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Sun May 04, 2014 9:21 pm

Rob wrote:
Si wrote:The obvious one since the film is to ask him why he and his associates have so categorically denied the 80s drug problems for the past 30+ years while talking about his alcohol problems openly.
Along the same lines will it be 30+ years before the Renfield situation will ever be talked about ?
My question is why do you feel that it should be talked about? Why do you feel that YOU are entitled to information that Brian's family requested to remain private? Why are you--and some others--so fervent about discussing this? It's nobody's business---it's that simple. It does not affect you in any way. Is there a reason you won't let Brian rest in peace and respect his family's request for privacy? It's disgusting!