Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

MonsterDog
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Coop's heaviest song?

Post by MonsterDog » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:23 am

Backyard Brawl, anyone?
I don't know if the things I'm thinking are normal thoughts or not!

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:32 am

Okay - old school checking in...

That instrumental break at the end of "Wish You Were Here" is the most drastic and sinister break in music history. Out.
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

E_maniac
Trash
Trash

Post by E_maniac » Tue May 13, 2014 1:01 am

That instrumental break at the end of "Wish You Were Here" is the most drastic and sinister break in music history. Out.
Yes sir, yes it is. not the heaviest thing he has ever done but truly amazing and one of the only reasons to own the alice cooper show (never liked that album for alices performance, not his best singing voice :)) as dick and steve completely tear it up. love it.

Mr. Misdemeanor
Killer
Killer

Post by Mr. Misdemeanor » Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:24 pm

I'm gonna go with Eat Some More. It could have come off a Sabbath album.

Speaking of Sabbath - I would love love LOVE to see Alice collaborate with Tony Iommi on something. Sabbath is dead, but I can't help but think Iommi has a couple of hundred monster riffs laying around just waiting for an opportunity to be put to use. His self-titled solo album from 2000 is one of my favorite hidden gem albums. His collaboration with Ian Gillan on Holy Water a few years ago was also terrific. Check 'em out if you haven't.

Ted Sallis
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Ted Sallis » Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:01 pm

Mr. Misdemeanor wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:24 pm
Speaking of Sabbath - I would love love LOVE to see Alice collaborate with Tony Iommi on something. Sabbath is dead, but I can't help but think Iommi has a couple of hundred monster riffs laying around just waiting for an opportunity to be put to use.
Tony Iommi has been working on and off preparing (Super) Deluxe Editions of Sabbath's back catalogue for the past 2 to 3 years, and a box set of the 'Tony Martin Era' of the Group has been announced for release in 2023. The multi-track master tapes for the Born Again album (w/Ian Gillan) have also been located and Tony has expressed interest in releasing a remix of that album. So I think it could be question of timing/having enough time to collaborate with any other artist for the foreseeable future.

One potentially exciting team-up I'd like to see happen sometime would be Alice, Tony and Brian May from Queen.

Ted

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:13 pm

and a box set of the 'Tony Martin Era' of the Group has been announced for release in 2023.
Yeah i think it all depends on what sharon will let them do. When they reunited they had a clause where nothing can be released under the black sabbath name without ozzy , geezer, tony and bill on it. The only exception is if the material has previously already been released. so sadly i cant see us getting tasy collectors editions with loads of the tapes tony martin has in his cupboards (including when eddie van halen and them had a session together)

Alice doesnt have contractual nonsense like that and we still dont get good collectors editions! hahaha

anyway Eat some more is a good shout for heaviest song. Depends on your definition: i would say his heaviest have been:
Step on you
Roses on White lace
Cold Machines
Eat some more

Each of those are brutal in one way or another.

Ted Sallis
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Ted Sallis » Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:33 pm

Saint&Sinner wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:13 pm
Yeah i think it all depends on what sharon will let them do. When they reunited they had a clause where nothing can be released under the black sabbath name without ozzy , geezer, tony and bill on it. The only exception is if the material has previously already been released. so sadly i cant see us getting tasy collectors editions with loads of the tapes tony martin has in his cupboards (including when eddie van halen and them had a session together)

Alice doesnt have contractual nonsense like that and we still dont get good collectors editions! hahaha
I believe that currently no new recordings can be made and released under the name Black Sabbath unless all 4 Members of the original lineup are on them. So if Tony Martin has (an abundance of) material on tape, some or all of that potentially could be added to upcoming releases.

Regarding Alice, yes it's correct that he doesn't have that kind of arrangement, but as I'm almost exclusively a fan of the Original Group it could potentially be to my advantage if Cooper had that same limitation. Regardless, I'm looking forward to what's supposed to be coming out next year in terms of a reissue(s) from the ACG - hopefully a great collectors edition or 2 (or more) is in store.

Ted

Rock10
Killer
Killer

Post by Rock10 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:13 am

"(No More) Love at Your Convenience"

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by rgallie » Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:28 pm

Wicked Young Man

Mr. Misdemeanor
Killer
Killer

Post by Mr. Misdemeanor » Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:21 pm

Ted Sallis wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:01 pm
a box set of the 'Tony Martin Era' of the Group has been announced for release in 2023. The multi-track master tapes for the Born Again album (w/Ian Gillan) have also been located and Tony has expressed interest in releasing a remix of that album.

Great news. My brother has been waiting for a decent version of Born Again for 40 years. The Martin era isn't as good as prime era Ozzy and Dio stuff, but there are a lot of very good tracks on those albums.
Ted Sallis wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:01 pm
One potentially exciting team-up I'd like to see happen sometime would be Alice, Tony and Brian May from Queen.
Oh yeah that would be awesome.

Zombiedancer
Trash
Trash

Post by Zombiedancer » Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:51 am

Deeper or The Sentinel. But for completely different reasons. Deeper is creepy, dark and scary. The Sentinel is brutal, heavy and relentless. Love both those tracks

Pitta
Killer
Killer

Post by Pitta » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:42 am

The heaviest songs are:

Step on you
Time to kill
The world needs guts
Why trust you
Dangerous tonight
Sanctuary