Orianthi Out For Some Dates?

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Rhapsody of Fire
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: Orianthi Out For Some Dates?

Post by Rhapsody of Fire » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:08 am

I really don't care which guitarists will work with Alice, to me, guitarists are just accessories, something that Alice needs for giving a good show. So, if it's Ori, Kane or Kelli, all talented as they are, and they are, I dont't care. All I see, in a show, is the leader singer, Sorry... but this is what I think.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:56 am

Rhapsody of Fire wrote:I really don't care which guitarists will work with Alice, to me, guitarists are just accessories, something that Alice needs for giving a good show. So, if it's Ori, Kane or Kelli, all talented as they are, and they are, I dont't care. All I see, in a show, is the leader singer, Sorry... but this is what I think.
Really? You don't look at anything else the entire show?
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

cherrypie
Spacebrain Vagabond
Spacebrain Vagabond

Post by cherrypie » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:20 pm

Would like to see Keri back.....or Kane. Or Damon. As long as Roxie is there I am happy :grin:
I hate Opera, I hate Oprah
http://www.fountainlife.blogspot.com

Lucius Morthem
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Lucius Morthem » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:39 pm

Keri was so great as a player and to the style of the band, but I think he's on somesolo project so... we've been screwed!

Maaki
Killer
Killer

Post by Maaki » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:35 pm

I am hoping for a keyboard as well instead of another 3rd guitar.

Also swapping AC for Sambora? Seriously Ori, you need to fire your manager, right now. That is a terrible move on so many different levels. Seriously.

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:38 pm

Lucius Morthem wrote:Keri was so great as a player and to the style of the band, but I think he's on somesolo project so... we've been screwed!
As of a few months ago, Keri was playing for John Waite (formerly of The Babys and Bad English)....

Hunter

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:39 pm

Maaki wrote:Also swapping AC for Sambora? Seriously Ori, you need to fire your manager, right now. That is a terrible move on so many different levels. Seriously.
Maybe she didn't want to tour with Motley. If I were an attractive, young woman, I wouldn't want to tour with them! Heck, I'm a fat, old man, and I would be scared to tour with them! :bam: ;)

Hunter

Maaki
Killer
Killer

Post by Maaki » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:44 pm

SickThings wrote:
Maaki wrote:Also swapping AC for Sambora? Seriously Ori, you need to fire your manager, right now. That is a terrible move on so many different levels. Seriously.
Maybe she didn't want to tour with Motley. If I were an attractive, young woman, I wouldn't want to tour with them! Heck, I'm a fat, old man, and I would be scared to tour with them! :bam: ;)

Hunter
Heh, I am an old fat man and I'd love to tour with Mötley.. Think about it mate. :D

Anyway, I was afraid she'd do something this stupid ever since the pictere of her kissing RS was released. Still, her manager should have stopped the insanity.

VinceLeeRose
Killer
Killer

Post by VinceLeeRose » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:14 pm

cherrypie wrote:Would like to see Keri back.....or Kane. Or Damon. As long as Roxie is there I am happy :grin:

I'd love to see Keri back as well...but I heard he was let go, and didn't leave on his own terms. Not trying to spread rumours, but that's just what I heard.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:22 am

why are people so surprised? guitarists come and go and there will be a thousand players waiting in the wings as good as Orianthi that the general public wouldn't even know about that will then become famous in their own right.

Orianthi stood out not just because she could play, but because you don't see many women playing guitar for major rock stars/bands, and she was always going to go on to new things and Alice may work with her after the Crüe tour who knows?

It was a masterstroke to use her from a visual point of view alone, just like Michael Jackson did with Jennifer Batten and was doing in rehearsals with Orianthi for the shows that obviously didn't happen when he died.

Look at the names that were relatively unknown until they got their big break playing guitar with Alice, but all did and in some cases are still doing a great job for him.

Kane Roberts, Al Pitrelli, Pete Friesen, Ryan Roxie, Eric Dover, Jason Hook, Keri Kelli, Damon Johnson, Tommy Henriksen.

no one is irreplaceable except the guy called Alice Cooper
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:29 pm

VinceLeeRose wrote:
I'd love to see Keri back as well...but I heard he was let go, and didn't leave on his own terms. Not trying to spread rumours, but that's just what I heard.
Kerri also came back after he left and played a one off when Ori wasn't available so it would appear, regardless of the circumstances, he has no issues with playing with Alice.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

WillDouglas77
Trash
Trash

Post by WillDouglas77 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:12 am

This sucks... I'm hoping she returns.

Crazy Little Child
Killer
Killer

Post by Crazy Little Child » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:04 am

steven_crayn wrote:
Look at the names that were relatively unknown until they got their big break playing guitar with Alice, but all did and in some cases are still doing a great job for him.

Kane Roberts, Al Pitrelli, Pete Friesen, Ryan Roxie, Eric Dover, Jason Hook, Keri Kelli, Damon Johnson, Tommy Henriksen.
Although i've been surprised at how many of these guys just kinda disappeared after their work with Alice. I mean, while i realize most of them can be tracked down on the internet and have done things, but several of them are of such a high caliber that you'd think they would pop up on other high-profile touring line ups, or as studio players, or something more than obscure unsigned metal groups and direct-sell cds from their home page.