Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

tim10cc
Killer
Killer

Rock N Roll Hall of fame

Post by tim10cc » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:23 pm

2 things :

With Alice being such a heavy influence , it would be great to see Alice induct KISS into the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame.

Another thing...When the ACG was inducted, there wasn't all this drama like it is with KISS and it was great to see the ACG perform!!!
The road to hell is littered with nice guys with good intentions.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Rock N Roll Hall of fame

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:47 pm

>it would be great to see Alice induct KISS into the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame.

I disagree and in any case, Tom Morello is doing it.

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:20 pm

He could have done a speech starting "after Alice Cooper there came KISS..." instead of Rob Zombie who told us of the originality of Alice Cooper and how before AC many things had not been done...might have been funny but probably not..interesting idea but wouldnt have wanted to see Alice prostrate himself at the court of Gene.. don't mind Kiss induction just wouldn't have wanted to see Alice there.
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:05 pm

It'd be more fitting to have the Monkees induct them.... or maybe the Bay City Rollers

concolz
Dada God
Dada God

Post by concolz » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:29 pm

Every time I hear a Kiss record I think of a cash register. So, they could have the world's biggest till trundled on stage to go 'Kerching' as an apt induction.

Inmate
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Inmate » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:39 pm

Kiss is my second favorite, after Alice. I just wish there wasn't so much drama.. :nono: I do think it would be a cool idea for Alice to induct them! I am pretty sure it's Tom Morello, though.
"I'm just another case…”

Mr.Bluelegs
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Mr.Bluelegs » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:03 pm

Not a Kiss fan, but dismayed at how childish they are acting over this whole induction. Get over it, work it out, and play for your fans. Saw Peter Criss on That Metal Show and he seemed pretty cool, just wanting to give their fans a thrill, the way we felt when Alice & band reunited (although we waited decades!).

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:10 pm

Mr.Bluelegs wrote:Not a Kiss fan, but dismayed at how childish they are acting over this whole induction. Get over it, work it out, and play for your fans. Saw Peter Criss on That Metal Show and he seemed pretty cool, just wanting to give their fans a thrill, the way we felt when Alice & band reunited (although we waited decades!).
That's part of Peter's schtick. He's Mr. Innocent. Nothing is ever his fault.

If you want to know more about why Gene and Paul refuse to play with Ace and Peter, this excerpt from Paul's upcoming book helps explain.....

How Kiss' Reunion Almost Fell Apart: Preview Paul Stanley's Memoir

This is a Rolling Stone article. They've posted quite a few KISS-related articles recently, after deciding to put them on the cover.

Hunter

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:29 pm

What seems to be getting a little lost in all the Kiss/RARHOF stuff is that Paul wants ALL members of Kiss inducted, not just the original four, and the hall refused point blank to even consider this. THAT is what has pissed him off, especially after been ignored for so many years.

His point was that all members had contributed to Kiss and so deserved to be included, in the way other bands had been allowed to do, Metallica being his example if I recall, who even included people who never recorded with them.

I think IF that had happened then you would have seen ALL/most of Kiss on stage at the awards, but the attitude he got back from the hall is that they are only inducting them because they have been forced to and they won`t give an inch so Paul has called them on it.

I personally think it's unfortunate that his loyalty (for want of a better word) to his other band mates past and present has been missed by the majority who only care about the original four supposedly being snubbed. From what I've read the "snub" only happened because the hall refused to include Eric, Tommy, Bruce Kulick, Vinnie Vincent and Eric Carr (posthumous) etc. and because of the halls decision it then all started to get nasty.

Naturally Ace and Peter would be happy to get up as just the four of them, and from statements from Eric singer it seems he would have been happy with that as well, but Paul insisted it should be everyone who has been a member of the band.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:31 pm

SickThings wrote: They've posted quite a few KISS-related articles recently, after deciding to put them on the cover.

Hunter
Hmmm I wonder why? Could there be some connection between RS and the head of the Hall Of Fame, using the first to publicise the latter...

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:01 pm

Si wrote:What seems to be getting a little lost in all the Kiss/RARHOF stuff is that Paul wants ALL members of Kiss inducted, not just the original four, and the hall refused point blank to even consider this. THAT is what has pissed him off, especially after been ignored for so many years.
That was the start, yes.

USA Today: KISS Feels Dissed by Rock Hall of Fame Induction Process

He named several examples of bands whose inductions included more than the original (or even critical) members, including Metallica and the Grateful Dead.
I personally think it's unfortunate that his loyalty (for want of a better word) to his other band mates past and present has been missed by the majority who only care about the original four supposedly being snubbed.
I agree.
Naturally Ace and Peter would be happy to get up as just the four of them, and from statements from Eric singer it seems he would have been happy with that as well, but Paul insisted it should be everyone who has been a member of the band.
As mentioned in the article above, that's also why they're not performing. KISS wanted everyone to perform. The Hall said no, only the original lineup. So KISS opted not to perform at all. I don't blame them.

I personally wish they'd told the Hall to shove it, as John Lydon did before them....

Hunter

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:02 pm

Si wrote:Hmmm I wonder why? Could there be some connection between RS and the head of the Hall Of Fame, using the first to publicise the latter...
Yeah, that's really weird, isn't it....

Hunter

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:26 pm

SickThings wrote: I personally wish they'd told the Hall to shove it, as John Lydon did before them....

Hunter
The problem with Kiss doing this, if I understand it, is that they were the first band to be voted in via an online vote, not through the normal hall of fame nominating/voting. So if they don't accept they are in effect snubbing all the Kiss fans who had been petitioning for the induction for over 10 years. Obviously they can`t do that, and Paul knows this so he has been honest in saying he thinks the hall is a joke but that he would accept on behalf of the fans who wanted it. I honestly can`t see anything else he can do in this situation.

Of course the online vote is a win/win for the hall. While they have to admit whoever wins however much the elite board hates them, they don't have to actually say they support the choice or admit the band have any merit.
For the band it just shows they have a large fan base. It doesn't bestow the same feeling the ACG had when they got on the nomination list and were inducted by their peers at the first chance they had to vote for them. This is a vital difference between Kiss' situation and everyone before them. It's almost an additional kick in the teeth after being ignored for so long.

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:59 pm

Si wrote:The problem with Kiss doing this, if I understand it, is that they were the first band to be voted in via an online vote, not through the normal hall of fame nominating/voting.
My understanding is that the "online vote" was only one vote added to the votes of the other 600 voting members. They played that up for the media. The Hall decided they couldn't ignore KISS any more because every year, there was a ton of publicity about the how KISS hadn't been inducted yet. This "online vote" thing was cooked up to give them an out for why they're inducting KISS after all the years they didn't. It's all B.S. So say I.

Si wrote:I honestly can`t see anything else he can do in this situation.
You're right, he's doing the best that can be done.
Si wrote:This is a vital difference between Kiss' situation and everyone before them. It's almost an additional kick in the teeth after being ignored for so long.
That's exactly what it is. Which is why I wish KISS had told the Hall to shove it. But everything you said above is true: there would have been a ton of fans really upset about it if they had.

Hunter

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:05 pm

I wrote:
SickThings wrote:My understanding is that the "online vote" was only one vote added to the votes of the other 600 voting members.
From RockHall.com (emphasis mine):
The Foundation's nominating committee selects nominees each year in the Performer category. Ballots are then sent to an international voting body of more than 600 artists, historians and members of the music industry. Those performers who receive the highest number of votes are inducted. The Foundation generally inducts five to seven performers each year.

Beginning in 2012, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame opened Nominee voting to fans around the world. The Top Five Nominees as voted by the fans count for one ballot entry, which is weighted the same as individual ballot entries submitted by members of the international voting body.
But it sure sounds good to say, "KISS is being inducted because the fans voted for them."

Hunter

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:10 pm

SickThings wrote:I wrote:
SickThings wrote:My understanding is that the "online vote" was only one vote added to the votes of the other 600 voting members.
From RockHall.com (emphasis mine):
The Foundation's nominating committee selects nominees each year in the Performer category. Ballots are then sent to an international voting body of more than 600 artists, historians and members of the music industry. Those performers who receive the highest number of votes are inducted. The Foundation generally inducts five to seven performers each year.

Beginning in 2012, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame opened Nominee voting to fans around the world. The Top Five Nominees as voted by the fans count for one ballot entry, which is weighted the same as individual ballot entries submitted by members of the international voting body.
But it sure sounds good to say, "KISS is being inducted because the fans voted for them."

Hunter
Ah okay. So basic yes, just Spin. Kiss would get in as soon as the voting members had the chance, and one vote would actually have likely been irrelevant anyway, as theh hall know full well..

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:30 pm

While Heaven Wept wrote:It'd be more fitting to have the Monkees induct them.... or maybe the Bay City Rollers
Yeah if Alice ever gets in solo he could have Kermit and Miss Piggy induct him.

evil syd
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by evil syd » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:24 am

First of all, the rock and roll HOF is a piece of crap. The mere fact that Alice, Sabbath, Kiss, and there are other really influential bands, haven't got in until some recent years just proves that they have no idea what rock and roll is all about. But I do agree with the HOF because I think the original Kiss incarnation is the only one deserving of acknowledgement because that was the band that broke all the records and made history. The other incarnations just fed off the original band's popularity, and to be quite honest, and in my personal opinion, I never thought they were as good. Paul is dissing his fan base with this protest because if all the bands felt the way he did, then most of the celebrated bands that get elected should perform with all their band members of the past. Not every recruit who has happened to join a HOF band is worthy. Most of the time, it is the original band that got elected. I did feel that the Dio Sabbath deserved the same respect as the Ozz version but that's another story. Anyway, I think Paul just doesn't get along with Ace and Peter and doesn't want to get them to get the respect that they were really the only true Kiss band. :nono:
DoCtOrS wAnT To ChEcK Me, PoKe Me, AnD DiSsEcT Me......

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:02 pm

I know there are two sides to every story but I feel for Paul and Gene. It is very hard for any band to continue when there are junkies in it. I tend to believe their version more than the other two.

Lot of parallels with Ace and Glen. Both talented guitarists who chose booze and drugs over their work.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:55 pm

pitkin88 wrote:I know there are two sides to every story but I feel for Paul and Gene. It is very hard for any band to continue when there are junkies in it. I tend to believe their version more than the other two.
Ace & Peter are still here. Obviously it has something to do with the "Kiss" Kulture that lead them to the crutches they used. Paul & Gene still have a hand in letting it happen. Whether they want to admit it or not. You don't cut your "brothers" loose like that. Didn't anyone learn from Brian Jones death? Sure, all the bandmates deserve recognition but the 4 are the ones that established what was to come. :rock:
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...