Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: If 4th street could talk?

Post by rgallie » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:44 am

Inmate wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:03 am
I finally got to hear it. Well worth the long wait! This one is going to be stuck in my head!
Now to dig out "Chemical Reaction" :rotfl:

Inmate
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Inmate » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:16 pm

rgallie wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:44 am
Inmate wrote:
I finally got to hear it. Well worth the long wait! This one is going to be stuck in my head!
I’ve heard Chemical Reaction before! It’s been awhile, and I would love to hear it again. It’s an awesome song.
"I'm just another case…”

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:21 am

rgallie wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:44 am
Inmate wrote:
Go Ahead...
Leave the rest of the SickThing's Hangin'... :hang:
A link or a PM to both would be nice... (if it doesn't violate Forum rules).
Not that it would change anyone's opinion of AC here!
I've heard plenty of demo's & recorded many myself. (Not AC's)! :bam:
Many are worked into a True song later. A decision was made to not move forward for release.
But, we are not here to judge what should have/shouldn't have been released.
We're here to hear as much as we can! xjumpingx
If it was not worthy to be worked up into an "Official" release is that something SickThings can dictate?
Not at all... all we can do is push things to an eventual release. :alice:
Springsteen's Nebraska Lp is a prime example of trying to lay something down & then trying to salvage what was laid down. :8):
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:02 pm

Alice has no say in what unreleased material can be released that was recorded pre Brutal Planet. Any demos, alternate takes, etc would be the property of the record companies----WB, MCA or Epic or whatever conglomerate owns those labels.

The reissues we are getting are the result of the label licensing the recordings to niche labels. I also wonder what generation of master tapes are being used on the vinyl releases. Im sure its all being done by digital transfers of the masters but again....is it first generation tapes?

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:22 pm

Finally got to hear 4th Street & CR! Both tunes seem to have a nearly if not completely finished mix.CR has a more Demo quality to it though.Why they never received an "Official" release is beyond me & apparently to many on this Forum. :bam:

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:32 am

mr.barlow wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:02 pm
Alice has no say in what unreleased material can be released that was recorded pre Brutal Planet. Any demos, alternate takes, etc would be the property of the record companies----WB, MCA or Epic or whatever conglomerate owns those labels.

The reissues we are getting are the result of the label licensing the recordings to niche labels. I also wonder what generation of master tapes are being used on the vinyl releases. Im sure its all being done by digital transfers of the masters but again....is it first generation tapes?
Here's a scary thought... if the reissues are being handled (somewhat) by the rights holders.
W/o Ezrin involved as a Producer or an EP (or another Producer that oversaw that particular project) no-one will ever know!
Could be a mix-down & not the final mix. I'm sure they're all labeled (to an extent) but only the original Producer knows what they signed off on!

DeadBaby
Trash
Trash

Post by DeadBaby » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:47 am

Hello SickThings

As a long time visitor on this site and a massive Alice fan I have finally decided to sign up. I got in to Alice around the Trash/Hey Stoopid era (my age I guess) and would love to hear 4th Street......

Type-O
Trash
Trash

Post by Type-O » Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:29 pm

Hearing 4th street and Chemical Reaction is probably a top 3 dream for me. If only there was a way...
:teach:

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:45 pm

Type-O wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:29 pm
Hearing 4th street and Chemical Reaction is probably a top 3 dream for me. If only there was a way...

The plot line to WTMN 3 is Steven hears these 2 songs and goes into a coma having an endless nightmare. He can only get out of he can convince Pat Boone to sing a duet with Bon Jovi on The Ballad Of Alice Cooper and have them release it on puke on an Apple pie colored vinyl.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:10 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:45 pm
Type-O wrote:

The plot line to WTMN 3 is Steven hears these 2 songs and goes into a coma having an endless nightmare. He can only get out of he can convince Pat Boone to sing a duet with Bon Jovi on The Ballad Of Alice Cooper and have them release it on puke on an Apple pie colored vinyl.
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:35 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
Type-O wrote:

Then the tragic finale is Steven comes out of the nightmare only to find he has no arms or legs and is totally blind. He is strapped to a bed in a windowless room with no light.
And for the rest if his days he must listen to a 24 hour a day loop of "Thrill My Gorilla".

The album fades out with the horrors of that song and Steven screaming. "Who's Suki?".

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:40 pm

mr.barlow wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:35 pm
pitkin88 wrote:
Type-O wrote:

Then the tragic finale is Steven comes out of the nightmare only to find he has no arms or legs and is totally blind. He is strapped to a bed in a windowless room with no light.
And for the rest if his days he must listen to a 24 hour a day loop of "Thrill My Gorilla".

The album fades out with the horrors of that song and Steven screaming. "Who's Suki?".
Hahahaha :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: