If 4th street could talk?

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Re: If 4th street could talk?

Post by wind_up_toy » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:27 am

On the subject of re-issues, has anyone seen the latest Guns n Roses Appetite for Destruction set? £850!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/AS ... hingsuk-21
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:42 am

You can always get it used for 620 quid!

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:12 am

We talk a lot about there being a market for re-issues in all their forms and clearly there are enough fans out there to snap up special issues like the Astroturf. I agree though that there probably isn't that many diehards or surely we would have had more reissues over recent years. Afterall, where there is demand there is usually someone trying to milk it for as much cash as possible.

It's been a few years since we saw any detailed information on sales on these pages. Anyone seen anything from Neilson Soundscan recently? I know it only covers the US and Canada but it would give an indication of actual sales where we only have gut feeling just now.

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by rgallie » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:18 pm

wind_up_toy wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:27 am
On the subject of re-issues, has anyone seen the latest Guns n Roses Appetite for Destruction set? £850!

Sounds great but am saving up for Gene Simmons Vault (Home experience). An absolute bargain at $50,000.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:32 am

rgallie wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:18 pm
wind_up_toy wrote:

Sounds great but am saving up for Gene Simmons Vault (Home experience). An absolute bargain at $50,000.
Do you get a discount if you don't have to meet the Demon? :8):
Can you make him put on the Make-Up for the presentation? :rotfl: Alway's out for the buck Gene. :/
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:50 am

I have the Guns N roses appetite box set (not the huge flight case one, but it was £120 I think) wasn't really worth it tbh, I think it should have been £80 but I was happy on the whole.
The "remaster" is nothing at all and pointless, couldn't pick out any differences at all (which just shows how good it sounds anyway), the demos and alternate edits etc. are really interesting and worth most of the asking price. The 5.1 mix is worth the rest, bloomin' brilliant mix, very, very well done. Which surprised me (given its classic Rock and roll vibe) but the split is very good and really brings out so many different aspects.
If you are interested in the stuff from the vaults and you can do 5.1 its worth £80 easily, harder sell at £120 but I was happy enough to keep it so cant be too bad....

I really wish Alice/studios would give some love to his back catalogue. I'd just rather not wait until he dies to see/hear all this stuff.

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by rgallie » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:54 pm

Daggers & Contracts wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:32 am
rgallie wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:18 pm
wind_up_toy wrote:

Do you get a discount if you don't have to meet the Demon? :8):
Can you make him put on the Make-Up for the presentation? :rotfl: Alway's out for the buck Gene. :/

Just looked, this year he isn't doing home visits so you can only get the $2000 or $1500 peasant edtions.

Serpens_Albus
Trash
Trash

Post by Serpens_Albus » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:45 pm

Sorry for discontinuing the previous conversation, but can anyone help me out with hearing 'If Fourth Street Could Talk'? I've been meaning to hear this unreleased track for a while :)

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:56 am

Serpens_Albus wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:45 pm
Sorry for discontinuing the previous conversation, but can anyone help me out with hearing 'If Fourth Street Could Talk'? I've been meaning to hear this unreleased track for a while :)
No. It's "unreleased", and was only a demo in the first place.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:33 am

It's next to impossible to hear this unreleased piece of brilliance. Those of us that have heard are sworn to secrecy as to its whereabouts. If only it could appear in your mailbox 📪 and you could hear this tale of debauchery. Wasn't it given away free in the PME?

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by rgallie » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:38 am

I'm listening to it right n...oh wait, never heard of it :x

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:36 pm

I think Alice has this locked away in his underground desert vault.

I thinks it's filed next to the original version of" thrill my gorilla" titled "fill my tortilla".

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:36 pm

this thread has shown me how much my fandom has dropped off. Never heard of the tune until I saw the thread, and have little interest in acquiring it. A long way off from what used to be

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:02 am

I think that "fandom" withers with age. I know mine has also fallen off. It's not because of anything Alice did or did not do, change of musical direction, etc. I think that as we age the trivial things in life become--well more trivial! I used to have to have everything Alice related--albums, 45s, imports, magazines, clippings--you name it. I spent a small fortune acquiring it all and have a decent collection. But now, it all seems pointless. I still won't sell it but in all honesty it does not mean as much to me as it once did.

The things I found most important in my 20s are now some of the things I find to be completely ridiculous.

I'm still a HUGE fan of Alice but I see no point in having to have or hear everything.

jacknifejohnny
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by jacknifejohnny » Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:44 am

Make that 3 of us

Inmate
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Inmate » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:32 pm

I’ve always wondered what this song sounds like.. Hopefully someday we will all get to find out!
"I'm just another case…”

Inmate
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Inmate » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:03 am

I finally got to hear it. Well worth the long wait! This one is going to be stuck in my head!
"I'm just another case…”

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:55 am

Glad to hear 4th St got to talk to you!

patrick
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by patrick » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:24 am

quote : used to have to have everything Alice related--albums, 45s, imports, magazines, clippings--you name it. I spent a small fortune acquiring it all and have a decent collection. But now, it all seems pointless
Mr Barlow, isn't the hunt to acquire something often more exciting than actually possessing it ? I have cd's (compilations I admit) that I haven't even heard yet..
These last tours I always doubted whether to go or not, went (of course) and (especially this one with the changed setlist) was satisfied that I did go ! Fandome does change over the years, but as long as Alice is doing as good as he does, I'll guess I'll be there too :alice:
you really wouldn't understand..

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:43 am

mr.barlow wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:02 am
I think that "fandom" withers with age. I know mine has also fallen off. It's not because of anything Alice did or did not do, change of musical direction, etc. I think that as we age the trivial things in life become--well more trivial! I used to have to have everything Alice related--albums, 45s, imports, magazines, clippings--you name it. I spent a small fortune acquiring it all and have a decent collection. But now, it all seems pointless. I still won't sell it but in all honesty it does not mean as much to me as it once did.

The things I found most important in my 20s are now some of the things I find to be completely ridiculous.

I'm still a HUGE fan of Alice but I see no point in having to have or hear everything.
Been there, bought it, cut it out, categorised it and cherished it. It was a kinda competitive thing back then. Who was the bigger act and who was the biggest fan. I didn't have much cash and spent every spare penny but I never wanted imports or every version of everything. We all grow up though and life takes over. Thing though is that it's always there and if someone asks a question the passion flares up and starts to pour out. It's not about the possessions nowadays, it's more, far more about the music and the people. I suppose it always was anyway.

I've wavered a bit over the years but underneath it all I know I'll be at the shows and buy the music. When you've been on the journey for 47 of the 50 years you might as well stay till the end. I think that's how fandom has changed for me. It's part of me, its in my blood and my psyche and that's way more than some clippings from a paper and the blue vinyl version of whatever.