If 4th street could talk?

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Re: If 4th street could talk?

Post by While Heaven Wept » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:38 pm

Which Last Temptation tracks are you referring to? I wasn't aware that there were any left over.

E_maniac
Trash
Trash

Post by E_maniac » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:31 pm

Im not sure how far the songs were advanced (maybe not all were demos etc)
I believe there was some early work with bob ezrin and then some other working tracks.
I cant really remember the titles "best friend" "invisible strings" "blood brother" there may have been more.

Like i say not sure how advanced they were but i know they were at least penned

E_maniac
Trash
Trash

Post by E_maniac » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:16 am

Thanks to the kind people who helped me out. MUCH appreciated.

I really like it :)

Bit of spit and polish and it would be fit for release,
I agree it probably doesnt fit on either trash or hey stoopid, but a good rocker non the less.

lets be honest the mans demos and unwanted songs are better than most peoples main output!

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:59 am

on that info page,it says a rap group called "slum village" sampled "shoe salesman" for their track "fall in love",but I cannot hear it when I looked it up!does anybody hear it?

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:48 am

>Which Last Temptation tracks are you referring to? I wasn't aware that there were any left over.

I remember songs intended for this album such as "Born Guilty", "Stiletto Libretto" and others but these, if I remember correctly, are in different stages of completion.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:08 pm

Nobody Move (Alice Cooper/Beau Hill)

This was written for Constrictor and recorded in finished form. There is a test pressing of Constrictor that actually includes this song.
This is the one I want to hear. It's out there as the test pressing was auctioned off at some point, and if I remember correctly the person that has it posted about it here.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:51 pm

>This is the one I want to hear.

It isn't a great song, if that helps.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:08 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:>This is the one I want to hear.

No, it doesn't.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:50 am

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:
A_MichaelUK wrote:>This is the one I want to hear.

No, it doesn't.
:evil: :evil: :rock: :rock:

GilesLavery
Trash
Trash

Post by GilesLavery » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:36 pm

Hi all,
No one could help me with this demo could they?

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:24 pm

GilesLavery wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:36 pm
Hi all,
No one could help me with this demo could they?
It's never been released.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:24 pm

I think he knows that. Duh!

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:09 pm

I wish Alices reissues of albums would have a bit more effort and include some of these rare demos, b sides and rare live tracks. There is clearly a whole host of them - chemical reaction and 4th street could talk are both really cool songs I would love to have on one of the many, many reissues of hey stoopid.
I believe hey stoopid had more tracks laying around - it would easily get us a 2cd/LP reissue with some rare live tracks of things like snakebite etc.
It seems there is a dedicated pool of people who would pay for these types of things, I would just rather not wait until he is dead like so many other artists.

Rock candy apparently approached alice to reissue some stuff (who incidentally do mostly great reissues with demos and live tracks) but were turned down. Maybe I can hope alice is working on these on his own :/

VinceLeeRose
Killer
Killer

Post by VinceLeeRose » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:42 pm

Saint&Sinner wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:09 pm
I wish Alices reissues of albums would have a bit more effort and include some of these rare demos, b sides and rare live tracks. There is clearly a whole host of them - chemical reaction and 4th street could talk are both really cool songs I would love to have on one of the many, many reissues of hey stoopid.
I believe hey stoopid had more tracks laying around - it would easily get us a 2cd/LP reissue with some rare live tracks of things like snakebite etc.
It seems there is a dedicated pool of people who would pay for these types of things, I would just rather not wait until he is dead like so many other artists.

Rock candy apparently approached alice to reissue some stuff (who incidentally do mostly great reissues with demos and live tracks) but were turned down. Maybe I can hope alice is working on these on his own :/
Not to mention stuff like "Nobody Move" that was actually recorded in finished form and meant for the Constrictor album. I guess people can argue that "well if it was good it would've been released", but hard core fans are definitely interested in hearing demo material. I would love to hear Nobody Move.

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:46 am

"well if it was good it would've been released" exactly as you say, We have all heard these sentiments from people who quite possible own or have heard it. However everyone's taste is different and we all like/dislike many different things.
Its odd that nobody move was that ready but yet it didn't even show up in the life and crimes box set (like look at you over there....).
Again this stuff is just screaming to be on a reissue somewhere I would love to hear demos /rarities/b sides from any era but especially so from 85-95.
Its frustrating that so much of this stuff is known about but no one can get hold of it. You see all these brilliant box sets by whitesnake, marrillion, rush, bryan adams, tears for fears etc. etc. which have sometimes 2 or 3 versions of the albums with alternate mixes, demos and assorted other bits along with a gig (and ideally a 5.1 remix of the album which hey stoopid and last temptation are screaming for)

Does anyone know the deal with Dirty dreams and the recent reissue version being slightly longer/different. Why was it just this song? why did they get to release it?

Why does alice/studios not seem to take advantage? do his previous reissues (like billion dollar babies) not sell well?

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:18 am

Saint&Sinner wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:46 am
Does anyone know the deal with Dirty dreams and the recent reissue version being slightly longer/different. Why was it just this song? why did they get to release it?
I'm guessing this was actually an error and they didn't realize they had a different take until a fan spotted it.

In regards to the endless reissue/deluxe edition question, and this has been said before, I think a lot of the problem is that Alice doesn't own his own back catalogue. All albums up until fairly recent albums are owned by an assortment of record companies, and that includes any possible bonus material recorded but not released at the time.

This means that any material has to be licensed, and that isn't cheap and often not cost effective. Add in the cost of remixing for 5.1, remastering etc and they probably think there isn't enough money in it to make it worth while.

It really isn't as simple as Alice saying "lets do a deluxe edition of 'From The Inside'". Or even saying yes to another company doing it.

Having said all that it isn't impossible it will happen, as we HAVE had an expanded edition of 'Billion Dollar Babies' and we have 5.1 mixes of that album, 'Welcome To My Nightmare', and a 4.1 'Muscle Of Love'. But note that the first two are his most iconic albums (and the fourth already had Quad mixes from the 70s) and hence the most likely to attract attention and sell.

Personally I would love Ezrin to go back and create deluxe audiophile sets for all the Warners albums (at least) in the way Genesis and Jethro Tull did. 2xCD and DVD/Blu-Ray sets in book covers with 5.1 mixes, original and new remixes and associated video footage. How amazing would that be!
We can all dream...

In these days of crowd funding maybe that would be the way to go if someone in the organization took the bull by the horns to get it done. But I do wonder if the support would be there outside the relatively small number of diehard fans. Only way to find out would be to try, but it does need someone who cares about the project to look into costings etc to to know how much they would need to make it viable. IT would be a huge amount of work. Don`t expect such a thing to be cheap.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:58 am

Pm me if anyone needs help.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:43 am

I have from a very very reliable source that the School's out reissue was planned, assembled, but never scheduled.
WB is waiting on management to approve. I hope it will be in 2019 as it's way overdue.
Most groups get all their albums reissued with extra's as that's the market a record company can earn some money.
Almost all Cooper vinyls are done by Rhino in colour wax so there can be money made.
Look at the latest vinyls / 8 track / cassette / 7 inch and much more project form GOOD RECORDS -the Alice Cooperband reunion project.
A lot where done by crowdfunding so that is certainly a possibility as this project was a huge succes.
Some copies go for insane prices on Ebay so there is a market for them.

Maybe Andy Michael knows more but I haven't seen him on this forum for a very very long time? Is he still a member??

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:30 pm

From mestreetch:
"Maybe Andy Michael knows more"

I don't have any new information on that.