Super Duper Alice Cooper Gift Sets

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

GNDM

Re: Super Duper Alice Cooper Gift Sets

Post by GNDM » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:23 am

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:
mestreech wrote: Sorry but I have to defend GNDM here.
I never saw anything on that site that indicated that the Alice solo stuff is not liked.
You must not be paying close attention, because I've spent very little time there yet have witnessed it myself.

As has been pointed out countless times, most Alice Cooper fans love the original band and the material, yet he continues to paint it as an "us vs them" thing time and time again. It's very odd.

While I'm not going to get in a pissing match over this, the condescending tone and bashing of this site and its members is pretty absurd as he's done again above. Not to mention, it's extremely rude to use someone's site yet bash it every chance you get.
No question about it...absurd,just plain absurd. Odd AND absurd! Imagine running a facebook page like that? Just bitter, I'm just plain old bitter. What I should do is beg forgiveness and do what others want. Maybe allow any posts about Alice's solo career? Maybe ask for posts about Alice's current band members? Should I post info about Alice's current tours? Yeah, maybe I could do all that........just because some whiny butt clown is unhappy!!!! Nah.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:19 am

>Maybe allow any posts about Alice's solo career? Maybe ask for posts about Alice's current band members? Should I post info about Alice's current tours?

Why are you changing the subject? You know that isn't what he is referring to.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:28 am

A_MichaelUK wrote:>Maybe allow any posts about Alice's solo career? Maybe ask for posts about Alice's current band members? Should I post info about Alice's current tours?

Exactly, it was nothing of the sort.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:34 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:>Maybe allow any posts about Alice's solo career? Maybe ask for posts about Alice's current band members? Should I post info about Alice's current tours?

Exactly, it was nothing of the sort.
Yeah!!!!. (What was he talking about?)

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:52 pm

mestreech wrote: Sorry but I have to defend GNDM here.
I never saw anything on that site that indicated that the Alice solo stuff is not liked.
You must not be paying close attention, because I've spent very little time there yet have witnessed it myself.

As has been pointed out countless times, most Alice Cooper fans love the original band and the material, yet he continues to paint it as an "us vs them" thing time and time again. It's very odd.

While I'm not going to get in a pissing match over this, the condescending tone and bashing of this site and its members is pretty absurd as he's done again above. Not to mention, it's extremely rude to use someone's site yet bash it every chance you get.

I am with Mestreech here. He said it exactly as is. There have been some comments about the super fan emailing members there but that's about it. The site is about Glen and Alice pics are welcome if they are with Glen as are other band members. There have been times were people were posting tribute bands and stuff which Bob rightfully got rid of.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:03 pm

Toronto Bob wrote:
A_MichaelUK wrote:> It's too bad the criticisms/suggestions can't be received with a more open mind

I disagree. It is people like you who don't have "a more open mind" when things are explained. I don't think anyone has EVER said that the "other releases" were perfect. I think alicebackstage got it exactly right in his post.

> and having the worst unofficial spokesperson in the world attacking fans definitely doesn't help matters.

Try and understand that I am NOT a "spokesman" and you will be happier. Also, nobody is "attacking" anybody so stop exaggerating.
You have an authoritarian way of "explaining" things as well you don't often explain things fully which leads me to think you either i) aren't always truthful ii) don't know as much as you lead people to think

Example, when I questioned the poor decision of not including a live version of BAD in Old School, you initially answered with some glib retort, when DIMMA revealed that the MoL show source didn't include BAD - it demonstrated you either didn't know that or you didn't offer full disclosure, yet your approach in these discussions is that somehow you're the authority and all dissenting opinion is to be shut down.

Not trying to start a whole thing here but that's your approach. Your devotion to holders rights and copyright as opposed to fans enjoying their hobby sucks all the fun out of pastime. You initiating the removal of the youtube clip I uploaded is a great example of attacking and acting like some sort of unofficial rep of the ac organization. It's understandable that you want to distance yourself from your behavior but you can't have it both ways.

Agree 100%. A lot of the bickering is generated from the way the superfan answers the questions but as he says he doesn't care how he comes across. Then there is the nonsense that bootlegs never influenced box sets and rare material being released etc. Didn't St Louis come in an homage bootleg album cover? He never used to be like this years ago and I often wonder what happened to make him respond the way he does.
He got what he wanted from his fanzine so be happy. As for your restoration disappearing....

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:35 pm

>There have been times were people were posting tribute bands and stuff which Bob rightfully got rid of.

I don't disagree but again, that isn't what Remarkably Insincere was referring to.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:37 pm

pitkin88 wrote: I am with Mestreech here. He said it exactly as is. There have been some comments about the super fan emailing members there but that's about it. The site is about Glen and Alice pics are welcome if they are with Glen as are other band members. There have been times were people were posting tribute bands and stuff which Bob rightfully got rid of.
OK, I must be imagining things.

: rolls eyes :

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:40 pm

> Then there is the nonsense that bootlegs never influenced box sets and rare material being released etc.

I didn't say that and you know I didn't say that. I think I said that even if there had been no bootlegs in existence, that box set would still have been put together.

>Didn't St Louis come in an homage bootleg album cover?

Yes, it was but that didn't influence the content of the entire set.

>He never used to be like this years ago and I often wonder what happened to make him respond the way he does.

I like the way you take what I said about you and turned it around. Maybe you can explain the tenor of your very first response to me in one of the threads.

>He got what he wanted from his fanzine so be happy.

What was that?

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:32 pm

pitkin88 wrote: I am with Mestreech here. He said it exactly as is. There have been some comments about the super fan emailing members there but that's about it. The site is about Glen and Alice pics are welcome if they are with Glen as are other band members. There have been times were people were posting tribute bands and stuff which Bob rightfully got rid of.
OK, I must be imagining things.

: rolls eyes :
No doubt about it...tyranny reigns on that site. People being kicked off on a daily basis. Posted pictures of Alice are defaced. Children being sacrificed. No one is allowed to speak their mind. If I were you I'd report that page to the Supreme High Mucky Mucks at Facebook AND start sending letters to Hawaii!!!!

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:58 pm

What I don't understand is why these bitter and twisted 'fans' still feel the need to frequent this forum if all they have for it is feelings of contempt for anything other than ACG talk?

You have your very own sacred place to spew your hate filled nonsense now. Leave this place and go in peace :)

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:17 pm

While Heaven Wept wrote:What I don't understand is why these bitter and twisted 'fans' still feel the need to frequent this forum if all they have for it is feelings of contempt for anything other than ACG talk?

You have your very own sacred place to spew your hate filled nonsense now. Leave this place and go in peace :)
Bitter AND twisted? And contemptuous! A triple threat. I sure hope those notable people Andy mentioned,are not around today.

BTW...thanks for reminding me. I need to get a priest to bless "my own sacred place".

Later...I've got people to ban and posts to delete.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:51 pm

Wow, this really has teeth! Can it be sustained until the premier at Tribeca??? *brick*
What happened to discussing the product in it's various forms? Has the actual topic run out of steam?
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:59 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote: What makes you think I had anything to do with that. Here's what you still don't understand - Alice's manager sometimes looks at these posts. Members of Alice's various bands sometimes look at these posts. People who work at whatever label Alice is with at any given time, look at these posts. People working on the documentary look at these posts (as was recently demonstrated). I wouldn't be surprised if members of Alice's family look at these posts. We know that Alice's assistant looks at these posts. People working on different projects that Alice is involved with look at these posts to see what the reaction is to that particular project. There isn't a horde of helpless people with no internet access of their own, waiting for my bulletins. If you think there are, your grip on reality is looser than I thought.
Andy, this statement kind of got me thinking. If these 'important' people do frequent this forum, don't you worry how you come across? I am sure you are aware that your demeanor here isn't always looked on with pleasantry. Perhaps these folks you mention might see you as 'over-zealous' in your effort to correct errors and defend the company line??? After all, ripping into fans/customers may not be what they want to see? Just one thought.
Another thought, I had, is a question. Do you feel it is your responsibility to keep things ship-shape here and do you feel that if these important people came away from their visit, to this site, with a negative opinion - that the failure would fall on your shoulders? Therefore, bluntly, have you been assigned the duty of policing this (and other?) internet forums by Alice/Shep management? If so, I think stating that would be helpful, as well as informative to people here and elsewhere. If you have not received any directive from ''corporate''....then is this simply a way of ingratiating yourself to them for past and future considerations?

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:47 pm

GNDM wrote: Therefore, bluntly, have you been assigned the duty of policing this (and other?) internet forums by Alice/Shep management? If so, I think stating that would be helpful, as well as informative to people here and elsewhere. If you have not received any directive from ''corporate''....then is this simply a way of ingratiating yourself to them for past and future considerations?
The last part of that question is simply insulting. Why does it need to be either of those things? Is that the only two reasons you can think of for someone taking part in these or any other forums???

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:27 am

Si wrote:
GNDM wrote: Therefore, bluntly, have you been assigned the duty of policing this (and other?) internet forums by Alice/Shep management? If so, I think stating that would be helpful, as well as informative to people here and elsewhere. If you have not received any directive from ''corporate''....then is this simply a way of ingratiating yourself to them for past and future considerations?
The last part of that question is simply insulting. Why does it need to be either of those things? Is that the only two reasons you can think of for someone taking part in these or any other forums???
I disagree. Andy is a special case. He is not seen as your typical poster, by himself or by others. I am asking if he does have a formal role with the Alice/Shep camp. I said I was being blunt! Of course, there are other reasons for someone being here. However, you have said yourself that Andy could be considered more of an 'insider' than other posters. Therefore, I was not trying to be insulting...rather seeking reasons for his seeming over-zealous concerns about AC history and current AC events, here and elsewhere. And as for possibly being a recipient of past/future 'considerations'....I am sure there are dozens of others who would love to be in that position.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:32 am

GNDM wrote:I am sure there are dozens of others who would love to be in that position.
The truth comes out.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:40 am

GNDM wrote:I am sure there are dozens of others who would love to be in that position.
The truth comes out.
Oh I'm sure that IS true, but I wouldn`t put Bob in that category. I would have thought that IF Bob and Janice wanted passes for a show Janice could just ask (just my assumption), but then Bob isn't interested in solo Alice so wouldn't interested in going anyway.

The son of Don Quijote
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by The son of Don Quijote » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:35 am

According to amazon.co.uk this documentary seems to be over two hours long. I am sure it will give us in depth look at Alice's live and career, ups and downs, and all the rare concert footage is very welcome. It is great to finally have a full length documentary about Alice. There has been some great rock documentaries in recent years like Lemmy and God Bless Ozzy Osbourne and with Sam Dunn directing I don't think we will get something half baked. Sam is a huge music fan and all around professional.

With all this bitterness, whining and rude comments in this thread I have decided to clean the air and thank Alice. It's great to have something Alice related to look forward, be it a concert, an album, a documentary or a concert DVD. We all know it is not gonna last forever. Welcome To My Nightmare was the first album I ever bought and and it didn't just make me an Alice fan. It changed the way I listen to the music and opened the gate to an exciting world of collecting albums. And here I am 14 years and hundreds of albums later and Alice is still my favorite artist.

Alice Cooper has been huge inspiration for my own art as well. I'm not musician but I have done countless poems that have been inspired by Alice and he has been source of inspiration for my short stories and novellas as well. Especially in early years of my hobby when I wasn't really a passionate reader AC music had a huge influence in finding my own style.

And while I haven't seen him live for many years. I have spent many hours watching live clips from his concerts and I can tell you his passion for performing hasn't waned a tiny bit, he gives always his 110% and totally rules a stage. I still look up to him and his passion and work ethic and I know if I reach that kind of dedication I will be professional artist one day. From all the people I haven't met Alice Cooper has had the biggest impact on my live.

crazylittlechild
Trash
Trash

Post by crazylittlechild » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:57 am

Thanks to TsoDQ for bringing this thread back on message. Back in the early years I had to rely on buying cassette tapes from the record counter at Boots and hoping the newspaper shop had a copy of NME,MM and Look In magazine to get any Alice content to feed my habit. Occasionally I would tape (illegally, no doubt!) an Alice track from the Radio and endlessly play back whilst I worked out the lyrics. I audio recorded Alice on the Muppet show on cassette tape, only to find that on playback I had set the mike next to a ticking clock. I was gutted.
Nowadays thanks to the Internet, and Alice’s longevity I am awash with Cooper content old and new and revel in every minute of it.
This latest project is fantastic news, and thanks to all those who made it happen. Sell as many formats as you can guys, those who want to buy the merch’ will do so others won’t, so be it, but I hope it’s a massive commercial success and leads to more.
As alicebackstage states, wrong, wrong, wrong, you can’t make everybody happy. Moan and worry all you want but please take the bickering to a private place, book a room guys! Or start a separate thread (Gutter Cats V The Jets perhaps) where Si can move sniping comments between GNDM and Andy that start small, but explode in your face, to another place. (For the record GNDM started this one by sniping at Andy’s perfectly legitimate and fun teaser, but Andy, you just couldn’t let it go now could you?).
Super Duper Alice Cooper looks like a great project, can’t wait to see it, even if I have to fly to NYC for the Premier!