Re: Super Duper Alice Cooper Gift Sets

Post by jacknifejohnny » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:38 pm

No sale here either, just the movie. I look foreward to that book GNDM

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:57 am

GNDM wrote:my own documentary film on the real Alice Cooper.
Oh yeah, what's the release date?
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:58 am

>No Sale!
I'll be happy with the movie, thank you.

Nobody is complaining about that.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:00 am

>I don't see "our very own" DJ Hans Solo here bragging that he knows something others don't.

Who said I was "bragging". I said it was under embargo. Would you prefer that I didn't encourage anyone to buy the book?

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:01 pm

I don't see why people get so hung up on the different versions of some releases. As with any other artist, Alice has fans from all sorts of backgrounds, some are well off, some aren't.

I think it's great that they've offered a range of packages for a range of people. You either take it or leave it at the end of the day. I don't see the point complaining about it when there's cheaper alternatives available.

I actually think the premium bundle will be a collectable item one day, although maybe not to the extent of, say, an original School's Out LP complete with accessories.
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:16 pm

Same old people complaining about something they know absolutely nothing about yet again.

Must be weird to be a fan of a band yet have so much hatred and bitterness towards them.

Crazy Little Child
Killer
Killer

Post by Crazy Little Child » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:51 pm

Well, I think we should all take a moment to thank the producers for making the underwear available separately.

:clap:

homerx
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by homerx » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:58 pm

I shall order the Book and blu-ray combo. A bit spendy. but what limited Alice Copper item isn't.
Interesing to see it ships in June.

so it the Blu-ray,DVD and Book which would explain the price.
Looks like the DVD is region 1 NTSC so keep that in mind if outside NA

alicebackstage
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by alicebackstage » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:12 am

While Heaven Wept wrote:Same old people complaining about something they know absolutely nothing about yet again.

Must be weird to be a fan of a band yet have so much hatred and bitterness towards them.
Tell me about it. You can't win really. It's always the wrong song, the wrong product, the wrong city, the wrong wrong wrong wrong. Oh well.

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:17 pm

alicebackstage wrote:
While Heaven Wept wrote:Same old people complaining about something they know absolutely nothing about yet again.

Tell me about it. You can't win really. It's always the wrong song, the wrong product, the wrong city, the wrong wrong wrong wrong. Oh well.
I think most people have been very positive and eagerly await this film. As far as the other stuff goes - well one can never make 1005 of the people 100% happy.

I'm fine with just a blu-ray of the film but I'm also fine with deluxe packages being available to those who like such things.

On the other hand there has been plenty to criticize about with other releases. It's too bad the criticisms/suggestions can't be received with a more open mind and having the worst unofficial spokesperson in the world attacking fans definitely doesn't help matters.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:10 pm

> It's too bad the criticisms/suggestions can't be received with a more open mind

I disagree. It is people like you who don't have "a more open mind" when things are explained. I don't think anyone has EVER said that the "other releases" were perfect. I think alicebackstage got it exactly right in his post.

> and having the worst unofficial spokesperson in the world attacking fans definitely doesn't help matters.

Try and understand that I am NOT a "spokesman" and you will be happier. Also, nobody is "attacking" anybody so stop exaggerating.

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:21 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:> It's too bad the criticisms/suggestions can't be received with a more open mind

I disagree. It is people like you who don't have "a more open mind" when things are explained. I don't think anyone has EVER said that the "other releases" were perfect. I think alicebackstage got it exactly right in his post.

> and having the worst unofficial spokesperson in the world attacking fans definitely doesn't help matters.

Try and understand that I am NOT a "spokesman" and you will be happier. Also, nobody is "attacking" anybody so stop exaggerating.
You have an authoritarian way of "explaining" things as well you don't often explain things fully which leads me to think you either i) aren't always truthful ii) don't know as much as you lead people to think

Example, when I questioned the poor decision of not including a live version of BAD in Old School, you initially answered with some glib retort, when DIMMA revealed that the MoL show source didn't include BAD - it demonstrated you either didn't know that or you didn't offer full disclosure, yet your approach in these discussions is that somehow you're the authority and all dissenting opinion is to be shut down.

Not trying to start a whole thing here but that's your approach. Your devotion to holders rights and copyright as opposed to fans enjoying their hobby sucks all the fun out of pastime. You initiating the removal of the youtube clip I uploaded is a great example of attacking and acting like some sort of unofficial rep of the ac organization. It's understandable that you want to distance yourself from your behavior but you can't have it both ways.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:09 pm

>You have an authoritarian way of "explaining" things as well

I would disagree except for when I can speak with some authority on a subject. When I am challenged by those who know little about the subject even after I have explained it, then I can indeed be "authoritarian" - I don't deny and I don't apologize for it.

>you don't often explain things fully which leads me to think you either i) aren't always truthful

I always try and tell the truth and if I decide not, I decide not to answer at all. It isn't like I owe you or anyone else here an explanation for anything.

>ii) don't know as much as you lead people to think

You would just love for that to be true. What a pity for you it is not.

>when DIMMA revealed that the MoL show source didn't include BAD - it demonstrated you either didn't know that or you didn't offer full disclosure,

I do remember that but you left out that part where you didn't actually ask that question. You steamed in with a series of assumptions and presumptions and we know, you just hate having those challenged. If you HAD asked, the question in the proper way, I would have answered it.

< your approach in these discussions is that somehow you're the authority

I worked on that project for months - I still have my emails from that project (there's around three thousand of them) and I can guarantee that any direct and fair questions were answered in the appropriate way.

>and all dissenting opinion is to be shut down.

We all know that paranoia is another of your traits - as for "dissenting opinion", you need to show me where anything like that happened. Here is what DID happen - you and various others made various assumptions based on speculation and let's be honest, a bit of an agenda. When you receive an explanation that challenged those, your replies became more desperate and let's be honest, slightly demented. The fact is, almost everything I post here is based on the reality that I have experienced, not (unlike some) whatever thought occurs to me whenever I sit at the keyboard.

>Your devotion to holders rights and copyright as opposed to fans enjoying their hobby sucks all the fun out of pastime.

This a good example of what I was referring to. Your persecution comnplex and paranioa is rampant. ALL I EVER DID WAS SET OUT THE ISSUES INVOLVED. YOU ARE THE ONE WHO TOOK THE POSITION THAT YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S RIGHTS.

> You initiating the removal of the youtube clip I uploaded is a great example of attacking and acting like some sort of unofficial rep of the ac organization.

What makes you think I had anything to do with that. Here's what you still don't understand - Alice's manager sometimes looks at these posts. Members of Alice's various bands sometimes look at these posts. People who work at whatever label Alice is with at any given time, look at these posts. People working on the documentary look at these posts (as was recently demonstrated). I wouldn't be surprised if members of Alice's family look at these posts. We know that Alice's assistant looks at these posts. People working on different projects that Alice is involved with look at these posts to see what the reaction is to that particular project. There isn't a horde of helpless people with no internet access of their own, waiting for my bulletins. If you think there are, your grip on reality is looser than I thought.

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:26 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:What makes you think I had anything to do with that. Here's what you still don't understand - Alice's manager sometimes looks at these posts. Members of Alice's various bands sometimes look at these posts. People who work at whatever label Alice is with at any given time, look at these posts. People working on the documentary look at these posts (as was recently demonstrated). I wouldn't be surprised if members of Alice's family look at these posts. We know that Alice's assistant looks at these posts. People working on different projects that Alice is involved with look at these posts to see what the reaction is to that particular project. There isn't a horde of helpless people with no internet access of their own, waiting for my bulletins. If you think there are, your grip on reality is looser than I thought.
Hello everybody, especially all the 'important' people who might be reading this. Please get in touch with me and we can have a good conversation without the other people here. You can go to facebook and checkout 'Glen Buxton's Shiny New Dime' page and contact me there, or I'm sure my email is here someplace. If you only check this forum out, you will miss a lot of good conversations about what REAL people think and discuss, sans the 'company line' that goes on regularly here. lmao
Btw....unlike some, I admit to not knowing 'everything' as well as admitting I can be a total butthole at times. No offense meant.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:50 pm

>If you only check this forum out, you will miss a lot of good conversations about what REAL people think and discuss, sans the 'company line' that goes on regularly here.

As you know, Si already addressed that but if you insist on repeating the point, that's your choice.

>unlike some, I admit to not knowing 'everything'

Has anyone said that they did?

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:58 pm

GNDM wrote:Please get in touch with me and we can have a good conversation without the other people here. You can go to facebook and checkout 'Glen Buxton's Shiny New Dime' page and contact me there, or I'm sure my email is here someplace. If you only check this forum out, you will miss a lot of good conversations about what REAL people think and discuss, sans the 'company line' that goes on regularly here. lmao
Btw....unlike some, I admit to not knowing 'everything' as well as admitting I can be a total butthole at times. No offense meant.

Just be prepared that if you post anything contrary to GNDMs own beliefs (i.e. anything remotely pro solo Alice), he'll remind you what page you're on and suggest that you're "welcome to leave."

I guess 'company line' is a relative term.

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:13 am

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:
GNDM wrote:Please get in touch with me and we can have a good conversation without the other people here. You can go to facebook and checkout 'Glen Buxton's Shiny New Dime' page and contact me there, or I'm sure my email is here someplace. If you only check this forum out, you will miss a lot of good conversations about what REAL people think and discuss, sans the 'company line' that goes on regularly here. lmao

Just be prepared that if you post anything contrary to GNDMs own beliefs (i.e. anything remotely pro solo Alice), he'll remind you what page you're on and suggest that you're "welcome to leave."

I guess 'company line' is a relative term.
Wow! I guess THAT put me in my place. :rotfl:
I'll have to watch my step. I sure don't want to piss off the solo fans. ::((:

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:54 am

GNDM wrote:Wow! I guess THAT put me in my place. :rotfl:
Sorry you seem to have a real issue with people liking Alice's solo material.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:20 am

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:
GNDM wrote:Wow! I guess THAT put me in my place. :rotfl:
Sorry you seem to have a real issue with people liking Alice's solo material.
Sorry but I have to defend GNDM here.
I never saw anything on that site that indicated that the Alice solo stuff is not liked.
He just asked for people NOT to put up too many pictures of Alice solo on the site as the site is about GLEN.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:16 am

mestreech wrote: Sorry but I have to defend GNDM here.
I never saw anything on that site that indicated that the Alice solo stuff is not liked.
You must not be paying close attention, because I've spent very little time there yet have witnessed it myself.

As has been pointed out countless times, most Alice Cooper fans love the original band and the material, yet he continues to paint it as an "us vs them" thing time and time again. It's very odd.

While I'm not going to get in a pissing match over this, the condescending tone and bashing of this site and its members is pretty absurd as he's done again above. Not to mention, it's extremely rude to use someone's site yet bash it every chance you get.