Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Rob
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: Grande Ballroom - Alice Cooper?

Post by Rob » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:53 am

Si wrote:
A_MichaelUK wrote:>If you want to describe anyone as "a mouthpiece of Shep and Alice" it would be better aimed at either Kyler (who of course works directly for Alice) or Andy,

Even though I'm not.
I know, but you have knowledge and personal connections which put you in that situation often eg the embargo on the book info.
the embargo on the book info ??????
It must be true A_Michael said so

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:08 pm

>the embargo on the book info ??????

Yes, as discussed in the other thread.

Rob
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Rob » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:39 pm

Point me in the right direction please cannot find it

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:54 pm

Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

Rob
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Rob » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:58 pm

Ta
:smack:

Crazy Little Child
Killer
Killer

Post by Crazy Little Child » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:28 pm

<snip, wrong thread>

alicebackstage
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by alicebackstage » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:24 am

I humbly accept this new title. As the newly appointed Mouthpiece of Shep and Alice, I decree that from this day forth I will be known only as The MOSA. Ha!

Rob
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Rob » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:08 am

Crazy Little Child wrote:<snip, wrong thread>
Right one ?

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:35 am

alicebackstage wrote:I humbly accept this new title. As the newly appointed Mouthpiece of Shep and Alice, I decree that from this day forth I will be known only as The MOSA. Ha!
Haha, is there a dental plan?

alicebackstage
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by alicebackstage » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:48 am

Si wrote:
alicebackstage wrote:I humbly accept this new title. As the newly appointed Mouthpiece of Shep and Alice, I decree that from this day forth I will be known only as The MOSA. Ha!
Haha, is there a dental plan?
HA!

crazylittlechild
Trash
Trash

Post by crazylittlechild » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:38 am

Candy everywhere, got chocolate in my hair,
Aching to get me.
Sticky sweet suckers in the Halloween air,
Aching to get me.

despite in-depth research I find no evidence that the ACG ever performed Unfinished Sweet at the Grande Ballroom

cue Andy and Bob agreement as they flame me on dates ::((: .

On a personal note I find both GNDM and Andy offer incredibly useful insight into both ACG and AC throughout the decades and contributions from both are most welcome and valued (but if the squabbling can be taken to PM's even better). As an oldie I do not feel it necessary to draw a line between pre and post 1974 some great material both before and after and one of my treasured moments was watching the guys perform at the RRHoF induction but I will be first in line when Alice is on the road again with Ori/Chuck/Tommy and the gang.

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:19 pm

I just want to chime in and say thanks to GNDM for looking into these kind of things. I for one am interested in this old history. The Timelines section is my favorite part of this website

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:13 pm

>The Timelines section is my favorite part of this website

I completely agree and I'm not just saying that just because I provided a fair amount of that information. I don't think more than two or three weeks goes by without me (and hopefully others) sending in some new information.

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:38 pm

crazylittlechild wrote:Candy everywhere, got chocolate in my hair,
Aching to get me.
Sticky sweet suckers in the Halloween air,
Aching to get me.

despite in-depth research I find no evidence that the ACG ever performed Unfinished Sweet at the Grande Ballroom

Have you found ANY evidence that the band played the original Grande Ballroom, prior to October of 1969? I have support for the band playing the Grande Riviera Theater in October (one show,at least. Possibly back to back nights). I have found no evidence for shows before that date....if you've hit on some, please let me know. I am intrigued about the Alice Cooper/B.B. King story that is told by several people. Russ Gibb has a version, and I will have to check to see if Gibb booked those two together at a different venue and not the Grande.

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:33 am

From all the records I can find, my final conclusion is that the Alice Cooper band never played the original Grande Ballroom. They seem to have played at least one night at the Grande Riviera Theater (nearby) on October 10 and 11 and maybe on Nov 1...all in 1969. The first date in October has not been verified, but the second one (opening for the Who) has been. The one on Nov 1 is a possibility, although it would have needed very tight travel plans.

As I have stated, I can find no evidence of the band playing either place with B.B. King...bringing into question the ''who closed the show story''. Worse...it seems that Alice was also misrepresented as being one of the famous acts to appear at the original Grande - thus his inclusion and interview in the Grande documentary, "Louder than Love". It appears that both the film's producers, as well as Alice, needed to do their homework.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:28 am

>It appears that both the film's producers, as well as Alice, needed to do their homework.

I don't disagree. You surely must let Russ Gibb and Tony D’Annunzio know about this. Do let us have their replies (and that's a genuine request). For what its worth, I still think there is a possibility the band did play at that specific venue but unfortunately, nobody was thinking about preserving that information because it never occured to anyone that decades later, anyone would care.

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:45 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:>It appears that both the film's producers, as well as Alice, needed to do their homework.

I don't disagree. You surely must let Russ Gibb and Tony D’Annunzio know about this. Do let us have their replies (and that's a genuine request). For what its worth, I still think there is a possibility the band did play at that specific venue but unfortunately, nobody was thinking about preserving that information because it never occured to anyone that decades later, anyone would care.
I doubt they give a rat's behind. "When the legend becomes fact...print the legend."

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:08 pm

I doubt they give a rat's behind.

I am inclined to agree, but you did say you "will have to check to see if Gibb booked those two together at a different venue and not the Grande." though. One way to be sure might be to ask that particular gentleman, I think.

>"When the legend becomes fact...print the legend."

Exactly, or to be more accurate, when the legend is more interesting than the fact, print the legend. I love the boring truth as much as you do, but most of the public don't "give a rat's behind" about that.