Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Super Duper Alice Cooper Trailer

Post by Si » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:58 pm

steven_crayn wrote:
Si wrote:
steven_crayn wrote:for those that prefer YouTube to Vimeo http://youtu.be/TvQlYtxftbE
Considering all the discussion about youtube and advertising revenues etc in the last week or so, you know you just "stole" the trailer from the site it was officially released to (thus earning revenue) and posted it on your own YouTube site, relieving Banger films of that revenue (such as it may be) and possibly passing the advertising revenue (what little it may be) to yourself.

Is there some problem with people being able to watch something on Vimeo that I don't know about?
I respect you Si but you really need to get your facts right on this one

1- Vimeo have made the video private as Banger films don't want it seen anymore
Fair enough. I did not know that until now.
steven_crayn wrote: 2- It's not a monitised video so I wouldn't make any money on it
Ok
steven_crayn wrote: 3- The reason I put it up is I thought it would get removed as Banger have a YouTube site and I think it was leaked early
Okay, so you posted it because you thought Banger films didn't want any one to see it yet?
steven_crayn wrote: 4- PRS and their affiliates collect money for the writers from YouTube but not Vimeo so YouTube would have to pay royalties.
So why do so many artists now use Vimeo to release videos? Serious question. I don't know the answer.
steven_crayn wrote: 5- Out of respect for Banger I'm going to make the video private but even though you run this site and could easily ban me I don't appreciate your comments but won't hold it against you
I think that is probably the correct thing to do.
I wasn`t trying to say anything to offend, I was asking a serious question, based on what has been discussed recently. Sorry if I worded it badly.
Why would I ban you for this? Hadn`t even occurred to me!

It was simply that I was surprised you had taken a video that had been officially placed on Vimeo for people to see, and post it to your own channel.
It didn't occur to *ME* that they would remove it a few hours later, why did you think that would happen?
And if you thought they didn't want people to see it yet, why take it and put it somewhere else to keep it available?
Just asking, nothing more.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:01 pm

So funny we cant see the trailer thanks to some whining from you know who. He is really doing a number on this place over money. Just found it and watched. Looks great.

DJ Hans Lucas
Trash
Trash

Post by DJ Hans Lucas » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:48 pm

Hi Sickthings,

This is Reg Harkema, one of the directors of Super Duper Alice Cooper. Sorry for this SNAFU regarding the trailer. There are greater powers than me that have a "strategized plan" to roll this out which is why we had to take it down.

I appreciate all your enthusiasm for the trailer and for the footage that our research lady Cindy Wolfe was able to track down. I hope that the movie itself will get a similar reaction. Don't worry, it's just a few more months away.

I've been lurking on Sickthings for the past few years and am thankful for all the help this site and the people involved have given in making this movie.

And a special public (finally) shout out to Andy Michael for all his assistance. Soon as we have some more news I'll let Andy know so he can get it to you guys right away.

Thanks again,

Reg

alan1958
Killer
Killer

Post by alan1958 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:56 pm

Just watched the trailer on youtube .....that looks magnificent ....hats off to all those involved ..

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:14 pm

>So funny we cant see the trailer thanks to some whining from you know who.

If you are referring to me (and I haven't said anything here about it) then based on the post from DJ Hans Lucas, you need to clarify your statement.

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:33 pm

I regret I missed the trailer now...surprised that it was closed down after being in the public domain but there we go..might have been better to change the "strategized plan" in light of the trailer being released for a period of time....maybe this is the ultimate teaser trailer...
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:46 pm

The trailer looks fantastic, really looking forward to this

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:46 am

I saw the trailer several times and I must say if the movie looks simular we are in for a real treat. Compliments. :rock: :rock:

tuneylune
Dada God
Dada God

Post by tuneylune » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:17 pm

Sadly, trailer was taken down, but planning like James1981 to grab it pronto as soon as DVD comes out. If not mistaken , is Sam Dunn from METAL:A HEADBANGERS JOURNEY and RUSH doc working on this as I think I may have heard? Thought those two releases were tip-top and this promises to be the same.
"I need everything the world owes me..."

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:33 pm

tuneylune wrote:If not mistaken , is Sam Dunn from METAL:A HEADBANGERS JOURNEY and RUSH doc working on this as I think I may have heard?
Yes.

tuneylune
Dada God
Dada God

Post by tuneylune » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:48 pm

Thanks Si!!!!!!!! :) I was pretty sure he was...this should be quite awesome! :8): :alice:
"I need everything the world owes me..."

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:28 pm

And the trailer is back on!!!!

Only they removed the cocaine part ::((: ::((:

You can't deny history!!

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=598456523528028

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:34 pm

Maybe they can remove all the smoke and budweisers and nudity and show us Pepsi and choirboys.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:34 pm

>And the trailer is back on!!!!

It is at www.alicecooper.com as well.

>You can't deny history!!

Why don't you wait until you have seen the documentary until you comment?

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:59 pm

Looks like Banger Films is shooting for a "G" rating. Scrub, rinse, repeat. lol

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:06 pm

>Looks like Banger Films is shooting for a "G" rating. Scrub, rinse, repeat. lol

You haven't seen it, so you don't know. You could always wait until then by which time we will all be interested in what you have to say about it.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:20 pm

GNDM wrote:Looks like Banger Films is shooting for a "G" rating. Scrub, rinse, repeat. lol
You're like a clairvoyant Siskel and Ebert. You comment on the films before you've seen them.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:25 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:
GNDM wrote:Looks like Banger Films is shooting for a "G" rating. Scrub, rinse, repeat. lol
You're like a clairvoyant Siskel and Ebert. You comment on the films before you've seen them.
Yes. I did.

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:40 pm

I really don't know why people seem to be so hung up on whether Alice ever did cocaine. He was a big rock star in the 70s, in my mind it's fairly obvious what he got up to. Big deal.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:44 pm

I preferred the original 2 minute trailer. Forget the coke reference this edit ain't as good no Dwight Fry segment in this one disappointed they edited it so much
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV