Super Duper Alice Cooper Trailer

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Super Duper Alice Cooper Trailer

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:15 pm

I'm sorry but I have seen the link on a number of FB pages.

Are you sure you're not referring to the official trailer? We are discussing the one that appeared on Sunday, not the new trailer.

>I have no idea why it was up and then needed to be taken down HERE.

That is in the post from DJ Hans Lucas which I think you have read.

>Surely if you were really concerned you would have gone after YT/Daily motion and the like rather than a small number of die hards seeing it here.

That makes no sense. The people here who were seeing it saw it on a link here and that is the link that got shut down as DJ Hans Lucas explained.

>I do believe you take delight in having things removed due to your current obsession with piracy, illegality and the like.

That would be a reflection of your own paranoia although it seems you haven't actually read ALL of what DJ Hans Lucas wrote. He wrote: "Sorry for this SNAFU regarding the trailer. There are greater powers than me that have a "strategized plan" to roll this out which is why we had to take it down." so I don't quite understand what you are objecting to. I suspected it was premature and I was right.

DJ Hans Lucas
Trash
Trash

Post by DJ Hans Lucas » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:29 pm

Hi Sickthings (again),

Thought I'd wade in for some clarification.

What usually happens is that a shorter teaser trailer is released a few weeks or months before the official trailer.

Our trailer editor was justifiably proud of his work on the longer trailer and put it up on Vimeo for prospective clients to see. When an enterprising Sickthing (and I would expect no less) found it and put it here, our editor noticed an uptick in views and set his Vimeo to private.

Coincidentally, the shorter teaser trailer was due to be released the next day by Eagle Rock which is why we scrambled a bit to get the longer trailer pulled.

Thus what I labelled a SNAFU. No conspiracy and everything in both trailers is in the movie.

Reg

P.S. Nice spot on whoever noticed the double entendre on the title, although I think "deceive" might be a bit strong.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:34 pm

Congrats to TB and good luck with the movie.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:37 pm

Si wrote:
pitkin88 wrote:I'm sorry but I have seen the link on a number of FB pages. If you don't believe me so be it. I have no idea why it was up and then needed to be taken down HERE. Surely if you were really concerned you would have gone after YT/Daily motion and the like rather than a small number of die hards seeing it here. I do believe you take delight in having things removed due to your current obsession with piracy, illegality and the like.
If you mean "here" as in the news page, it was removed because it was no longer available to see. Banger Films took it down so I removed it from the news page.
Under the circumstances I wasn't about to link to a YouTube version instead.

No. I was referring to someone posting a link to it in a thread. SC maybe. I didn't see it as it was gone by the time I read the thread.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:46 pm

>good luck with the movie.

Thanks. It might need it considering you think it "looks like its almost gonna be straight to video for gods sake." (we can always rely on you for some class).

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:49 pm

>I was referring to someone posting a link to it in a thread.

You also said "I have seen the link on a number of FB pages." but you are posting five days after it was taken down - that is the point. In other words, you posted without knowing the facts. It isn't a crime but be honest about it. You also accused me of taking it "down HERE" which has also been shown to be false. Again, not a crime but at least admit it.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:03 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:>good luck with the movie.

Thanks. It might need it considering you think it "looks like its almost gonna be straight to video for gods sake." (we can always rely on you for some class).

When did the truth ever scare you? Where you or anyone else expecting more than limited screenings? Maybe you think with a big label push Shep's movie will knock The Lego Movie off the top this weekend. This is not 1973 and my good luck comment was sincere.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:07 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:>I was referring to someone posting a link to it in a thread.

You also said "I have seen the link on a number of FB pages." but you are posting five days after it was taken down - that is the point. In other words, you posted without knowing the facts. It isn't a crime but be honest about it. You also accused me of taking it "down HERE" which has also been shown to be false. Again, not a crime but at least admit it.

Yes I did also say that as I saw the link on several FB pages. I cant view more than one site?. Maybe I should have accused you of wanting to taking it down here but not actually doing so but causing it to be taken down as you made the phone call. I do believe you contacted SHOUT about TB's re deux but you have never admitted it.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:19 pm

>When did the truth ever scare you?

Who said I was scared?

>Where you or anyone else expecting more than limited screenings?

You have no idea what is being planned. I do. Why don't you wait until you know what is going to happen and as I think as Si pointed out, something like this is generally not mainstream fare (whatever the mainstream is).

> Maybe you think with a big label push Shep's movie will knock The Lego Movie off the top this weekend.

Labels don't "push" films.

> This is not 1973

It isn't 1981 either (in relation to the other thread)

> and my good luck comment was sincere.

Thanks.

Devon
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by Devon » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:34 am

It seems like a few people around the interwebs are hanging their hats on to some wide release in theaters or something. These documentaries are usually intended to be released on DVD/BluRay. The theater screenings are usually something like a one night only limited engagement in select cities, usually as a means to ramp up support for the DVD/Blu Ray release. That's how it was done with Rush: Beyond The Lighted Stage and Iron Maiden: Flight 666. So no, don't expect "Super Duper Alice Cooper 3D" or "Super Duper Alice Cooper: The Imax Experience" or people breaking down barricades to the midnight screening of "Super Duper Alice Cooper."

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:42 am

>Yes I did also say that as I saw the link on several FB pages.

Yes and I told you it had been taken down - your information was presented as if it was new.

> but not actually doing so but causing it to be taken down as you made the phone call.

I used smoke signals actually.

>I do believe you contacted SHOUT about TB's re deux but you have never admitted it.

You "believe" lots of things but that doesn't make them true.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:47 am

"I feel privileged that I got an inside glimpse of the hard working diligence and rare integrity of the Banger Film team. You're all great." - Dennis Dunaway
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

patrick
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by patrick » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:52 am

what will be the difference between Prime Cuts and this Movie? I may have missed it in the ongoing discussion(s)..?
you really wouldn't understand..

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:47 am

>what will be the difference between Prime Cuts and this Movie? I may have missed it in the ongoing discussion(s)..?

That would be like asking about "Prime Cuts" in comparison with "Behind The Music". To begin with, "Super Duper Alice Cooper" is a far bigger production.

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:41 pm

I am positively drooling over this! Any idea if there may be some unheard music on this? Better yet, maybe a soundtrack? Granted, it would likely just be a revamped Greatest Hits, but still...
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:38 pm

Dannorama wrote:I am positively drooling over this! Any idea if there may be some unheard music on this? Better yet, maybe a soundtrack? Granted, it would likely just be a revamped Greatest Hits, but still...
Good question Dannorama.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:36 pm

>Any idea if there may be some unheard music on this?

You just need to be patient.

BrianRS
Trash
Trash

Post by BrianRS » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:49 pm

What a great time this would be for a double live cd of historic live performances with the same title as the documentary. Probably won't happen as it would clash with the covers album, but a nice thought!

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:26 pm

DJ Hans Lucas wrote:Hi Sickthings (again),

Thought I'd wade in for some clarification.

What usually happens is that a shorter teaser trailer is released a few weeks or months before the official trailer.

Our trailer editor was justifiably proud of his work on the longer trailer and put it up on Vimeo for prospective clients to see. When an enterprising Sickthing (and I would expect no less) found it and put it here, our editor noticed an uptick in views and set his Vimeo to private.

Coincidentally, the shorter teaser trailer was due to be released the next day by Eagle Rock which is why we scrambled a bit to get the longer trailer pulled.

Thus what I labelled a SNAFU. No conspiracy and everything in both trailers is in the movie.

Reg

P.S. Nice spot on whoever noticed the double entendre on the title, although I think "deceive" might be a bit strong.
SO...Toronto Bob was partly right!

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:13 pm

>SO...Toronto Bob was partly right!

Yes but I don't think anyone said he got it wrong or anything. I think the point Si was making was that the word "duper" isn't really a commonly used noun in Britain (and he can correct me if I misinterpreted his post). Also, I noticed that you didn't refer to your "Looks like Banger Films is shooting for a "G" rating. Scrub, rinse, repeat. lol" comment after the explanation that DJ Hans Lucas gave. Will there be a public apology from you to him and others involved in this project? As you will have seen, pitkin88 was enough of a man to offer his best wishes to the project. Will you do the same? Of course, after you've actually seen the documentary, your comments will finally have a little more credibility.