Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Super Duper Alice Cooper Trailer

Post by Toronto Bob » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:05 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:>I think the title is clever

I don't know if you are being sarcastic and it did take me a while to get used to it but it is a billion times better than the original which was terrible.
Not being sarcastic at all, I think it's a clever title. It fits with the idiosyncratic language of the time when Alice was on top and a neat little nod to the whole act being a put on.

What was the original title supposed to be?

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:15 pm

>It fits with the idiosyncratic language of the time when Alice was on top and a neat little nod to the whole act being a put on.

I completely agree. It has certain seventies and 'kitsch' elements to it.

>What was the original title supposed to be?

It was in the original press release that I'm sure appeared on this site but that was a long time ago - it was "Vincent Goes To Hell: An Alice Cooper Rock Doc" which as you can see is very unwieldy.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:35 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:>It fits with the idiosyncratic language of the time when Alice was on top and a neat little nod to the whole act being a put on.

Isn't 'Super Doper Alice Cooper' an old thing from the 70s though. Sure I've heard it before it was attached to the film but can't place it.

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:43 pm

Marc Bolan/T.rex had an album called Billy Super Duper, were you thinking of that Si?
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

departmentofyouth
Killer
Killer

Post by departmentofyouth » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:44 pm

I much prefer the title "Super Duper Alice Cooper". It has a very 70's vibe, along with the title seen at the end of the trailer to match.

"Vincent Goes To Hell...." sounds like the title of a magazine interview and using the term "Rock Doc" sounds like a cheap cable TV 45 minute biography. Glad the title was changed.
I'm a Dirt Talkin', Beer Drinkin', Woman Chasin' Ministers Son.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:51 pm

>Isn't 'Super Doper Alice Cooper' an old thing from the 70s though.

It is possible there was an article with that headline or something similar.

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:52 pm

Looking forward to the film...the in/out coke reference only interests me on one level...in the original trailer who was referring to such coke use..was it the narrator or Alice himself referring to his own use or what?
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:55 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:>It fits with the idiosyncratic language of the time when Alice was on top and a neat little nod to the whole act being a put on.

>What was the original title supposed to be?

It was in the original press release that I'm sure appeared on this site but that was a long time ago - it was "Vincent Goes To Hell: An Alice Cooper Rock Doc" which as you can see is very unwieldy.

Geez that is a way better title than the original

I don't know if dupe is just American slang or used by Brits as well but I was thinking Dupe as in decietful, so Alice is a "Super Duper"

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:11 pm

Toronto Bob wrote:
I don't know if dupe is just American slang or used by Brits as well but I was thinking Dupe as in decietful, so Alice is a "Super Duper"
That`s a different word.
Super Duper is a 70s expression which simply means 'really super". Something a kid would say as in 'this ice cream is super duper'
Its pronounced slightly differently. It's "Do Per' rather then "DUE Per" which is the meaning you reference.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:16 pm

>in the original trailer who was referring to such coke use..was it the narrator or Alice himself referring to his own use or what?

All will be revealed (or not, according to some people here) in the documentary.

Inmate
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Inmate » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:30 pm

I really like the cover. :alice:
"I'm just another case…”

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:54 pm

Si wrote:
Toronto Bob wrote:
That`s a different word.
Super Duper is a 70s expression which simply means 'really super". Something a kid would say as in 'this ice cream is super duper'
Its pronounced slightly differently. It's "Do Per' rather then "DUE Per" which is the meaning you reference.
I meant it was a clever double entendre. I unerstander the expression "Super Duper" as an expression of something being wonderful but it works on another level as in a great deciever ("Super" - great "Duper" someone who deceives)

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:53 pm

Si wrote:
Toronto Bob wrote:
That`s a different word.

I think it is very catchy which is good for a movie title. Much better than the dreary " Good To See You Again ".

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:01 pm

GNDM wrote:
A_MichaelUK wrote:>It is no big deal and it seems obvious (to me) that Alice and certain drugs "crossed paths".

I agree and "Maybe" Glen's alleged use of illegal narcotics will be in there as well and - after all, you wouldn't want it "cleaned up", I assume.
Glen's drug use has never been denied. But since the documentary is about 'The Master'....why waste time on the unimportant people?

You keep on kissing Alice's and Shep's asses, Andy. Maybe they will actually pay you for it someday. Spending your days policing this place and Facebook to hunt down all anti-Alice/Shep reference surely must be worth minimum wage.

Whilst this made me laugh out loud I hope the drug stuff is secondary. I don't think it is that important to the story. Glen's demise was down to booze which f'ed up his pancreas. Booze really affected him and Alice who took it to extremes. Oddly enough, I don't believe any shows were missed due to drugs and alcohol. I remember Iggy calling the band "pros" and they were live and in the studio.

Anyway,the Alice Cooper I am interested in was because of the music and the stage show. I really dislike docs that favour the drugs and booze crap and miss the heart of the band.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:07 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:>So funny we cant see the trailer thanks to some whining from you know who.

If you are referring to me (and I haven't said anything here about it) then based on the post from DJ Hans Lucas, you need to clarify your statement.

Yes I was. I guess I was jumping to conclusions after TB's redeux of A Strange Case disappeared after you being against it here along with your tirade against Wolfgang's Vault. Did you let DJ Hans know that the trailer was posted here? It is strange that he/they would have it removed here when the bigger danger or exposure would be You Tube. It is still readily available there. Just saying.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:37 pm

>I guess I was jumping to conclusions

What a surprise!

>Did you let DJ Hans know that the trailer was posted here?

Yes, I did because it seemed strange that it appeared with no fanfare and even if I hadn't, he would have seen the link here because as he said, he reads these posts.

> It is still readily available there. Just saying.

I don't know. It may be on an official page.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:56 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:>I guess I was jumping to conclusions

What a surprise!

>Did you let DJ Hans know that the trailer was posted here?

Yes, I did because it seemed strange that it appeared with no fanfare and even if I hadn't, he would have seen the link here because as he said, he reads these posts.

> It is still readily available there. Just saying.

I don't know. It may be on an official page.
So I wasn't jumping to conclusions you did let him know. He did say he was lurking though who knows if that is everyday. The link is on a ton of peoples FB pages. You can't stop the internet once something is out there.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:21 pm

>So I wasn't jumping to conclusions

Yes you did because he would still have eventually seen it.

>you did let him know.

Yes but he would have seen it anyway and given that I've been involved in the process for approximately two years, I had a responsibility to share information with him (not that that is your concern).

> He did say he was lurking though who knows if that is everyday.

Exactly. If he had missed it and the trailer was still available, he should know. Are you saying he should not have known?

> The link is on a ton of peoples FB pages.

No it is not. That link was set to private at his request. As he explained, the trailer appeared earlier than it should have. Is there a problem? By the way (this comment isn't directed at you), the trailer has provoked four pages of comments and a large number of ill - informed comments elsewhere and I wonder if the documentary itself will generate that as well.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:08 pm

I'm sorry but I have seen the link on a number of FB pages. If you don't believe me so be it. I have no idea why it was up and then needed to be taken down HERE. Surely if you were really concerned you would have gone after YT/Daily motion and the like rather than a small number of die hards seeing it here. I do believe you take delight in having things removed due to your current obsession with piracy, illegality and the like.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:12 pm

pitkin88 wrote:I'm sorry but I have seen the link on a number of FB pages. If you don't believe me so be it. I have no idea why it was up and then needed to be taken down HERE. Surely if you were really concerned you would have gone after YT/Daily motion and the like rather than a small number of die hards seeing it here. I do believe you take delight in having things removed due to your current obsession with piracy, illegality and the like.
If you mean "here" as in the news page, it was removed because it was no longer available to see. Banger Films took it down so I removed it from the news page.
Under the circumstances I wasn't about to link to a YouTube version instead.