Super Duper Alice Cooper Trailer

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

GNDM

Re: Super Duper Alice Cooper Trailer

Post by GNDM » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:51 pm

While Heaven Wept wrote:I really don't know why people seem to be so hung up on whether Alice ever did cocaine. He was a big rock star in the 70s, in my mind it's fairly obvious what he got up to. Big deal.
I agree on both points. It is no big deal and it seems obvious (to me) that Alice and certain drugs "crossed paths". How much? Maybe this documentary will go into that area. It will be very interesting to see if the documentary got "cleaned up".

My question to you 'While Heaven Wept', is this. If YOU had the power to do it, would you omit ANY mention of drug use from the documentary film? If so, why?

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:24 pm

GNDM wrote:It will be very interesting to see if the documentary got "cleaned up".
Why do you think it got "cleaned up"?

Because a different version of the trailer was released?

Seriously?
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:24 pm

having said that I appreciate the commercial pressures of the music industry and 2 minutes for a trailer is too long and if you are going to cut a trailer to just over a minute, a segment on cocaine is hardly the most important aspect of Alice Cooper.

In a Rolling Stone interview in the 70s he was snorting the stuff in front of the interviewer and saying its not that harmful, but big deal it was the 70s, if that bit is cut from the film then so be it.
I'd be more bothered if the booze thing was cleaned up, as you'd have to have been on another planet to not know Alice's real addiction wasn't coke but booze.

Diet coke and golf never did anyone any harm, so if that's your poison you can't blame anyone for using those as crutches once you've kicked an addiction that can kill you, and even though by Alice's own admission 8 years of the booze was great and his best work came out of it, once the drug part of the alcohol took control it was a simple decision, stop drinking or die.

Pretty glad he stopped!
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:13 pm

>It is no big deal and it seems obvious (to me) that Alice and certain drugs "crossed paths".

I agree and "Maybe" Glen's alleged use of illegal narcotics will be in there as well and - after all, you wouldn't want it "cleaned up", I assume.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:15 pm

>but booze.

Yes. Believe it or not that was far worse than anything else.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:15 pm

just watched the original 2 minute trailer alongside the new 1min 10 secs edited one. It's still fantastic even though that first one was better, hopefully the stuff in the original trailer will feature in the finished film no reason why it shouldn't and from what I've been told the animation is fantastic too. Lets be positive about what I'm sure will be a great documentary that can only generate interest for not just Alice as a solo artist but the original band.
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

jettrainfan
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by jettrainfan » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:24 pm

I'm hoping they have a segment in it about his black out period (especially Zipper Catch Skin & DaDa). He may not remember it but it still would be neat. Can't wait to see it! :clap:

Devon
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by Devon » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:59 am

I will be writing up a lengthy review of this documentary based on the trailers and next-to-nothing information we have so far. It will be in the Reviews section by tomorrow.

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:53 am

GNDM wrote:

My question to you 'While Heaven Wept', is this. If YOU had the power to do it, would you omit ANY mention of drug use from the documentary film? If so, why?
I don't know how to answer that.....surely it depends what angle the film makers want to explore? Will you be angry if they omit Alice's Christian beliefs? Will you be angry if they omit his addiction to television? If they do indeed omit any drug references, I personally wouldn't care. I'm sure we've all done things as bad if not worse than Alice, it's not a big issue. I happen to smoke cigaretted, have the odd beer and drink vast amounts of tea but I can't see how that's of interest to anyone else.

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:00 am

A_MichaelUK wrote:>It is no big deal and it seems obvious (to me) that Alice and certain drugs "crossed paths".

I agree and "Maybe" Glen's alleged use of illegal narcotics will be in there as well and - after all, you wouldn't want it "cleaned up", I assume.
Glen's drug use has never been denied. But since the documentary is about 'The Master'....why waste time on the unimportant people?

You keep on kissing Alice's and Shep's asses, Andy. Maybe they will actually pay you for it someday. Spending your days policing this place and Facebook to hunt down all anti-Alice/Shep reference surely must be worth minimum wage.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:43 am

>Glen's drug use has never been denied.

I agree and if Alice chose to deny and "Maybe" later confirm it, that is his choice. Do you agree?

>But since the documentary is about 'The Master'....why waste time on the unimportant people?

Who said that they are "unimportant"? For maybe the third time in a month, even after you publicly stated that you didn't know the facts, yet again, you are making a jdgement based on something you have not seen. Would you explain that?

>You keep on kissing Alice's and Shep's asses, Andy.

I will tell you what I "keep on doing" - I try to stick to the facts as closely as possible. I am not the one who for some strange reason and in recent months, has become strangely bitter about a rock group that broke up in 1974 and has not since permanently re - united.

>Maybe they will actually pay you for it someday. Spending your days policing this place and Facebook to hunt down all anti-Alice/Shep reference surely must be worth minimum wage.

Show me one thing that has been "shut down" - you are adding paranoia to your spite. Why are you so afraid to be challenged and be presented with the facts?

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:39 am

Really looking forward to this, I reckon this will be an essential item for any moderate to hardcore fans collection.

Alice's career has been so extensive and varied that there's bound to be omissions that are quickly picked up on. The people behind this must have had many tough decisions to make and I hope they achieved the rounded result that I (and I'm sure many others) would like to see.

You could probably do 100 hours on this if you wanted to.
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:10 pm

Didn't see the original trailer but the one that's currently posted is a nice little promo. Gives us zero indication whether it's going to be a real docu or another Alice/Shep propoganda piece but I'll view it when ever it comes out. I'm assuming a 2014 release.

I'm not overly concerned with a lot of time spent on the cocaine issue. Hopefully they don't lie about it but it would be an interesting study if coke was Alice's fuel in the early eighties like booze was in the seventies. Anyone who's seen the Tom Snyder interview will surely attest to some use of the devil's dandruff.

On a side note, conservatives have that weird hypocracy with drugs and booze. Alcohol good - drugs bad (unless they're perscription of course). I think it's due to their authoritarian personalities. As long as something is legal (therefore authorized by "the man") - it's OK. If it's illegal (the man has not given you permission) - it's bad. It's a common trait you will find in conservatives.

Essential reading on understanding the Authoritarian mind

http://members.shaw.ca/jeanaltemeyer/dr ... arians.pdf

departmentofyouth
Killer
Killer

Post by departmentofyouth » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:38 pm

Having seen both versions of the trailer, the film looks brilliant & I could really careless about them omitting the coke bit from the online trailer (It was literally 2 seconds long and it will be revealed when you see the film).

I think the first trailer did have a little more substance to the human side of Alice's offstage persona and it was a better sell to the casual music fan.... Americans loooove watching those dramatic rise & fall & rise celebrity documentaries ;)
BUT, I am well aware of the fact that movies have numerous trailers/edits and this is just one little glimpse at the film as posted on the internet. So I'm not freaking out about the edit.

Having watched the 2 minute trailer repeatedly, I can attest that those 2 minutes blew mind after being a die hard for the last 30 years and it will not stop me from shoving this film down the throats of everyone that I know, ha ha!

:alice:
Last edited by departmentofyouth on Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a Dirt Talkin', Beer Drinkin', Woman Chasin' Ministers Son.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:39 pm

>On a side note, conservatives have that weird hypocracy with drugs and booze.

All of that is true except he has stated he has no regrets about "booze" and isn't really a conservative - apart from the fact he really has no interest in politics, he has supported (as has been mentioned before) both conservative and liberal politicians at different times and depending on the issues. It really is not something that concerns him to any great extent, though.

tuneylune
Dada God
Dada God

Post by tuneylune » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:02 pm

Glad I FINALLY got to see it and certainly looking forward to the film! :rock: :rock: :alice: :alice: :laugh:
"I need everything the world owes me..."

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:17 pm

>BUT, I am well aware of the fact that movies have numerous trailers/edits and this is just one little glimpse at the film as posted on the internet.

Exactly. It is strange that some people don't understand that.

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:44 pm

I think the title is clever

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:52 pm

>I think the title is clever

I don't know if you are being sarcastic and it did take me a while to get used to it but it is a billion times better than the original which was terrible.

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:57 pm

"Terrible" is quite a good title in my opinion though! :)