Beasto Blanco

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Beasto Blanco

Post by Si » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:37 am

For anyone unfortunate enough to not get to see Beasto Blanco last night you missed a hellava show!
Opener EverSence from Switzerland did their best to warm up the crowd but were hampered by a poor sound that allowed the drums and vocals to overpower everything else to the extent it was hard to tell exactly what was going on. With both bands using the same gear I can only guess that it was all set up more for Beasto and EverSense had to make the best of it.
Beasto certainly didn't have the same issues as they powered through the entire Beasto album before dipping into a couple of AC songs, one obvious one, one definitely NOT expected, and closed with the Sensational Alex Harvey Bands 'Gang Bang'.
Despite the slightly disappointing turnout, which is something that most small shows suffer nowadays it seems, the band still pulled out all the stops on the tiny stage and sounded fantastic.
Chuck and Calico are walking theatrical props all by themselves and have created characters to act out the songs, especially on 'Motorqueen' where they form a human motorbike complete with headlights! We even got a new instrumental song 'Death Dealer' in the middle of the set highlighting Chris, Tiffiny, Jan Legrow and Tim Husung.
While all the songs from 'Live Fast, Die Loud' sounded great one of the main talking points afterwards was an incredible version of 'Special Forces' classic 'Who Do You Think We Are' with Calico spitting out the lead vocals with real venom and completely nailing it. You can hear (and see) her fathers influence but she makes it her own. More then one person was heard to mention it was much better then when the Alice band themsleves played it a few years ago. It really was that good and very unexpected.
'School's Out' predictably began bringing the show to a close, a song that always seems to get people going however many times you've heard it. They even included the 'Brick in the wall' section from Alice's show. Great fun.
I envy everyone who can get to Edinburgh tonight or the last few shows in Italy, Switzerland and Norway. We can only hope the band comes back here soon, hopefully on a bigger stage!
www.beastoblanco.com

Mike Drew
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Re: Beasto Blanco

Post by Mike Drew » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:23 pm

Thanks for the revue...really looking forward to the Edinburgh gig,the band sound cool & WDYTWA sounds very cool....A tad excited :-)
"Its Only Rock N' Roll But Its Expensive"

www.michaeldrew.co.uk

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:28 pm

Sounds like a blast. Would be nice to get some US dates.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

VinceRaven
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by VinceRaven » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:59 pm

The venue in Edinburgh is really small so even a relatively small turnout should hopefully have a decent atmosphere. The one worry is how the sound will be, I've seldom heard a good quality mix in there thanks to the shape of the room. However, the band certainly have enough energy to make up for any venue issues and 'Who Do You Think We Are' should make for a very memorable night.

cherrypie
Spacebrain Vagabond
Spacebrain Vagabond

Post by cherrypie » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:03 pm

What Si said. A great show, much enjoyed by everyone there. Calico is a real chip off the old block :clap: :clap: Lotta fun, wish I was in Edinburgh right now...
I hate Opera, I hate Oprah
http://www.fountainlife.blogspot.com

VinceRaven
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by VinceRaven » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:54 am

That really was a great night and a nice surprise for Chris Glen from the Sensational Alex Harvey Band to join them on stage for the cover of Gang Bang.

What a good bunch of people they all were. Special mention to Calico for taking so much time to speak to everyone afterwards and to pose for endless photo requests. She's inherited quite a few of her father's traits and I'm delighted that personal charm is one of them.

Mike Drew
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Mike Drew » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:34 pm

Couple of Edinburgh vidz....great band and a great night :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rRlRuvts5U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwDTUW7VxwQ

Cheerz4now
md

www.michaeldrew.co.uk

Mike Drew
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Mike Drew » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:12 pm

Who do you think we are...sadly only half of it,but still pretty cool :-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZXN4YMk5mA

www.michaeldrew.co.uk

James1981
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by James1981 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:11 pm

I almost didn't make the trip to Edinburgh as I'm a bit skint at the moment. So glad I did. Early contender for gig of the year. I was expecting it to be good but it really surpassed all my expectations. Just incredible :)
Boomshanka

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:00 pm

Thanks for the review Si!
I saw them on the first show of this tour. And it was also a bit empty. Thank goodness some of us hardcore fans were there and made lots of noise! This band is really fabulous, everyone should go and see them.

The opening band is pretty cool too, they have a steampunk element in their outfit and they rocked. No sound problems then.

I was hesitating as I am very busy, but now I am going to see them again this Friday. I'm inviting a friend who will enjoy this immensely and I told everyone at work to come along. Sadly the ones who would enjoy this already had something that night. But there should be a few of the usual suspects there anyway :)

I find it really amazing when the musicians actually come to thank you for being there, when we should be the ones saying thanks! :)

cherrypie
Spacebrain Vagabond
Spacebrain Vagabond

Post by cherrypie » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:16 pm

I find it really amazing when the musicians actually come to thank you for being there, when we should be the ones saying thanks!
Yeah, I know EXACTLY what you mean! Wish I could see them again. Enjoy!!
I hate Opera, I hate Oprah
http://www.fountainlife.blogspot.com

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:28 pm

Well, I sure hope this snow storm will be gone by tomorrow, but the forecast looks ok. Crazy weather!

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:16 am

In the end it was actually quite warm for the season. The show was superb! They're really rocked the house down!
I didn't realise there would be three opening bands, they were great but it meant beasto started at 11:30pm. And I had to leave soon after as I am working today. But not before saying thanks and having a small chat.

The sound was a lot better than in Pratteln, and the lights too. All in all a very tight show by now, and enormous fun too.

It was good to see some familiar face again in the crowd as well.