Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Your biggest disappointment in Alice's career

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:23 pm

It doesn't matter what Shep did

If "It doesn't matter", why did you bring up whether or not Shep did any "research"?!

> he f'd up and probably should have been fired. The buck stops with him. It was a MAJOR blunder.

HOW DO YOU KNOW? YOU ALREADY SHOWED YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THAT LAWSUIT WAS ABOUT. Ask Neal if he thinks Shep "should have been fired" and post the response.

>He actually called it " Lumpy's Book Of Lies ".

Yes.

>Glen didn't come out too well in the book so what do you expect?

That doesn't mean he was wrong, though. You can't pick and choose which evidence you believe without considering the alternatives, which you don't do.
Last edited by A_MichaelUK on Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:25 pm

>Amd there wasn't eh Andy?

I haven't seen any evidence of it.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:39 pm

darkmenace wrote:"I agree it did some damage at that time but it's too long ago to have any residual impact."

I guess there's no way of knowing for sure but I think it had significant impact over the years. Once you lose a big part of your rabid fan base they tend to become interested in other bands and move on. In addition this period hurt his reputation in critical circles which filters down over the years.

I can't prove it and won't debate it endlessly but I feel this was a pivotal turning point in terms of Alice's popularity but also his acceptance as a great rock artist.

On the plus side for those people who hung in there or became fans later there have been moments of great interest over the years.
Well put Sir, this is the angle I was coming at.

Alice has proved to be the most durable of artists and for every disappointed fan there's been another 2 or 3 that he's won over. The very things that have disappointed people over the years may, ultimately, have been the things that have resulted in such a successful career.
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

Lucius Morthem
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Lucius Morthem » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:50 pm

O course I'm not referring to 1995!

I'm referring to the Psycho-Drama Tour!
And The No more mr nice uy tour!

The biggest disappointment for me is that I Still can't see one of his shows!

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:58 pm

Andy....I used the word complicity in quotes because Shep's perceived role in the break up runs the gambit from being all his idea, to him being just along for the ride. My question about the view that Neal, Dennis, and Michael have of Shep's 'business sense' is one of personal curiosity. It is none of my business what their views are on that subject and I would not even consider asking them. It is simply one of those, "What if i was in their shoes?" sort of thoughts. As for public pronouncements about the subject...I tend to ignore those, since they seem to vary along a time and place continuum.

old school vet
Killer
Killer

Post by old school vet » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:20 pm

Only an Alice zealot would claim that there's been no disapointments over the years

Well stuff my old boots, I guess that's me then. The only disappointment I have is that I won't have another forty odd years to look forward to on this crazy roller coaster ride that I have been on. Thanks Alice et al.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:56 pm

>Andy....I used the word complicity in quotes because Shep's perceived role

Yes. I noted the possible irony.

>in the break up runs the gambit from being all his idea, to him being just along for the ride.

I agree.

> It is none of my business what their views are on that subject and I would not even consider asking them.

I agree, so it's even more curious that you would ask the question on a public forum. If it's none of my business, I wouldn't ask it in private, let alone on a public forum and besides, (as I pointed out), they have spoken publicly about it already.

>It is simply one of those, "What if i was in their shoes?" sort of thoughts.

But you're not, though. That makes the whole thing hypothetical and moot.

> As for public pronouncements about the subject...I tend to ignore those, since they seem to vary along a time and place continuum.

I don't know about that - Neal has been pretty consistent in his comments. However, what you say can also be true - for example, after years of complaining about the break - up of the band, Michael finally admitted that maybe it was the right time for it to happen and he also appears to have distanced himself from the conspiracy theory that was in his book. He also offered a more conciliatory reason for why Alice may have chosen to leave the band (if that's what you want to think happened), which was the situation concerning Glen (which is something I've been going on about for years also).

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:31 pm

danielleV wrote:i am really one of his fans who CANNOT find ANY disapointment in Alice. Impossible.
I recall you repeatedly expressing disappointment when Alice's tour with Manson was announced.

Me? Disappointed I didn't become a fan until 2005....so many live shows missed.

And lately? I do wish I'd been able to see "He's Back" be performed live, instead of it being pulled for the US dates.
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

Lucius Morthem
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Lucius Morthem » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:39 pm

People saying that have no disappointments..... But they complain everysingle day about something in the forum hahahaha

(Not ataccking no one)

Kahler
Trash
Trash

Post by Kahler » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:30 pm

I'm far too young to ever go with such things as ''Breakup of the ACG'' and been fan since 2002, my only dissappointments;

1. Lack of songs from newer albums being played. When ACAS came out, I imagined more than repeatly hearing ''Vengeance is mine'' all the time.

2. The cancelled Norway show, Ok, not Alices FAULT, but still related to him :P I could probably take this away, haha.

3. The last tours could have some more W2MN even it isnt my album of choice, it's a concept album that should be embedded in a tour. I just feel there's isn't much new to it.

Lucius Morthem
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Lucius Morthem » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:38 pm

I Always have thought that people who said that the Alice Cooper Group shouldn't have broken up, I Ask them.... Don't you like Welcome to my nightmare? Goes To Hell? From The Inside ?

Do you prefer Muscle of love over The nightmare?

Kahler
Trash
Trash

Post by Kahler » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:44 pm

They probably feel the ACG had potential to really go on and have a hunch they'd create same music eventually....

IMO I think they'd be a washed up band nad then breakup, and ''Welcome to my nightmare'' wouldn't have be done that fast.
There's time it just needs to happen that band breaks up and others go on alone.

TodayMueller
Killer
Killer

Post by TodayMueller » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:48 am

A_MichaelUK wrote:>Apparently, Alice was in Chile in '95.

I don't think that's the show Lucius Morthem is referring to

No, but it answers Pinkerton's question.
Have no gods before me, I'm the light !

TodayMueller
Killer
Killer

Post by TodayMueller » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:55 am

TodayMueller wrote:
A_MichaelUK wrote:>Apparently, Alice was in Chile in '95.

I don't think that's the show Lucius Morthem is referring to

No, but it answers Pinkerton's question.

- And, I even answered it without blaming her for not looking through this whole site to find it herself.
Just like that, piece of cake, see Andy ?
Have no gods before me, I'm the light !

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:30 am

Lucius Morthem wrote:I Always have thought that people who said that the Alice Cooper Group shouldn't have broken up, I Ask them.... Don't you like Welcome to my nightmare? Goes To Hell? From The Inside ?

...Don't you like Welcome to My Nightmare? A little

Goes To Hell? NO

From the Inside? NO

Do you prefer Muscle of Love over The Nightmare YES

(We both are battling our own forms of tunnel vision) :bam:

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:31 am

Lucius Morthem wrote:I Always have thought that people who said that the Alice Cooper Group shouldn't have broken up, I Ask them.... Don't you like Welcome to my nightmare? Goes To Hell? From The Inside ?

...Don't you like Welcome to My Nightmare? A little

Goes To Hell? NO

From the Inside? NO

Do you prefer Muscle of Love over The Nightmare YES

(We both are battling our own forms of tunnel vision) :bam:

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:40 am

YES I prefer Muscle of love over WTMN

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:42 am

I think WTMN is the best solo record without Some folks and Cold ethyl.

Lucius Morthem
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Lucius Morthem » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:52 am

Ok, 2 people. Who prefers MOL, That's a big achievement, generally, everybody says that Muscle of Love was bad (although, I Like it a lot)

By the way, I Think the break up was necessary,When people don't share a same vision, if you let them together longer, the worst will happen

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:10 am

mestreech wrote:I think WTMN is the best solo record without Some folks and Cold ethyl.

It would have been much tighter without Some Folks which is just schmaltzy. I agree with you about WTMN. If he'd have released GTH first he would have been in big trouble.