Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

danielleV
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: Your biggest disappointment in Alice's career

Post by danielleV » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:24 pm

"Your biggest disappointment "
the words are a little bit too hard.
i would say a regret that the french tv broadcasted Alice Cooper in paris 1981 has never been edited in DVD.
Special Forces is such an exciting time in Alice's career. His fantastic expressionist make up, and the fabulous songs.....
"I know Danielle!", Alice Cooper, Paris 2017

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:18 pm

While I agree in some parts that tv show looks very dated now. Not aged well.

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:26 pm

No Welcome 2 My Nightmare tour. Alice had been telling everyone it was gonna be at least as big if not bigger than the original.

Also not releasing Brutal Planet as a single. Radio stations were playing heavier songs like that at the time and I think if people heard it on the radio it would have changed his career!!
"THEY'RE NEVER GONNA FIND YOUR FACE"

- ALICE COOPER

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:36 am

HORRORHOLIC wrote: Also not releasing Brutal Planet as a single. Radio stations were playing heavier songs like that at the time and I think if people heard it on the radio it would have changed his career!!
I think you're mistaken. Sure, the radio was playing the likes of Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park etc....but play an Alice Cooper song??! Nah... he was more likely to get played on TOTP2 than on radio.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:26 am

>Alice had been telling everyone it was gonna be at least as big if not bigger than the original.

I honestly don't remember him saying that. Do you have a source you can cite?

MonsterDog
Dada God
Dada God

Post by MonsterDog » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:01 am

A_MichaelUK wrote:>I would also state that 'Vince' was a brave man to accept the moniker of Alice, there are a lot of so called 'red blooded males' out there that would baulk at the thought of being given a girls name!!

Exactly and in what are supposed to be more enlightened times, nowadays, some people may not understand how daring and controversial it was to do that.

Looking back on it, it was arguably of the best decisions he ever made
I don't know if the things I'm thinking are normal thoughts or not!

Phil
Trash
Trash

Post by Phil » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:27 am

I first got into Alice in 97, so I missed a lot of the turbulent years shall we say,
I have to admit that looking at things like the ACG break up, the Alice cooper show, lace and whiskey
And the other issues mentioned here retrospectively, with the tales and stories about all those times
Make them all very interesting for the 20 year fan.

So my own disappointments are very minimal, however there are two that I can mention.

Dirty diamonds - I struggle to put my finger on why this is my least favourite album but it just fell flat
For me completely, perfect is a nothing song, pretty ballerina seemed out of place, woman of mass distraction,
I can't stand the "some girls" bit. The tour was cool enough but it had got very predictable and was too similar
To the eyes and bare bones tours. Stand as a bonus track, why? I already had it from the Olympic album so
As a bonus track, seemed a bit of a rip. I think it just wasn't Alice enough for me.

Secondly- Alice's Christian faith is one thing, I have no problem with him believing what he wants but when
We have it feauture so often in the albums from TLT to W2MN it can feel a little preachy. A sort of 'father Alice
From the pulpit with guitars' thing going on. These albums are great (except DD) and I do predominantly hear them
As just good lyrics and great tunes but just now and again, I can't help but think I will come across Dragontown in the Christian
Rock section and is this really, honestly, truly what we want from an Alice album.