30th anniversary of DaDa today

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

danielleV
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: 30th anniversary of DaDa today

Post by danielleV » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:30 pm

I often paint with Dada in the ears. As well as Brutal Planet....Alice is so diversified in his talent, so inspiring
"I know Danielle!", Alice Cooper, Paris 2017

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:04 pm

Dada is a great album. The only down-side for me is the production which tends to date it somewhat.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:47 pm

The best of the 4 alternative albums Alice did by a mile and a lot of that has to do with the return of Dick Wagner & Bob Ezrin
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

TeresofBlood
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by TeresofBlood » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:53 pm

I wanted to contribute to this thread since I haven't posted in a while and because I've been working on something of a tribute to DaDa for the past few years. Well, I've been TRYING for the past few years, but a few weeks ago, I kicked it into high gear, so I saw this anniversary as a sign of unexpected fate.

While it isn't my favorite Alice Cooper album, it is one of my most listened-to albums and is probably the 4th Alice album I ever purchased. I do consider it a work of art in every sense: the lyrics, the "dated" production, the nuanced instrumentation, the themes, and the story.

Even the album's cover is a perfect representation of the schizophrenic and unconventional nature of the music. It is definitely my favorite Alice album cover, and one of my all-time favorite covers.

Love it or hate it, DaDa is an album that can't merely be listened to. It has to be experienced on every level. You have to give yourself wholly to it to uncover its meaning. I still uncover new ideas and possible interpretations with every listen.

Railwayman
Killer
Killer

Post by Railwayman » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:08 pm

Although I actually quite like it, Dada sounds a little tired and lacking in energy. When it became apparent that folk may not have been at their best it made sense. Still listen to it though.

darkmenace
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by darkmenace » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:38 pm

Just turned a new Alice fan onto Dada, it's one of his favorites in his catalog. We traveled to a convention a few months ago, a long drive, and I told him Dada is a dark album and perfect for the late ride home. He loved it! Dada is an album that really needs to be listened to carefully from beginning to end to be truly appreciated.

This is a young guy, really knows and loves 70s music, and has very good and well-rounded taste. He also purchased the Special Forces album at a record store and likes that too. He was intrigued by the look of SF Alice which surprised him when I showed him some YouTube videos.

larryelbows
Trash
Trash

Post by larryelbows » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:43 pm

Dada is one of Cooper's most underrated albums. It's so creepy and original. I've always loved "Fresh Blood" and the opening track.