why do people hate ACAS?

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Re: why do people hate ACAS?

Post by recoop » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:31 pm

Old School Vet- I didn't say how much I would pay for it..lol..have only one copy of Dragontown...would swap that any day...opinions eh
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

pinkerton
Killer
Killer

Post by pinkerton » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:26 am

steven_crayn wrote:Right and wrong do actually exist even in opinions for example If someone said that in their opinion the album was better than say Killer they would be wrong even though in their opinion they thought they were right.
again, I have to disagree. An opinion on taste is your believe and/or feeling. It can't be wrong or right. It can go against the grain of public intimate, but it can't be wrong. So, in conclusion, your opinion is wrong. Isn't that ironic! :smack:
I'm swimming in blood.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:18 am

pinkerton wrote:
steven_crayn wrote:Right and wrong do actually exist even in opinions for example If someone said that in their opinion the album was better than say Killer they would be wrong even though in their opinion they thought they were right.
again, I have to disagree. An opinion on taste is your believe and/or feeling. It can't be wrong or right. It can go against the grain of public intimate, but it can't be wrong. So, in conclusion, your opinion is wrong. Isn't that ironic! :smack:
Using an extreme analogy to prove that opinions can be wrong

Hitler was of the opinion that Jews should be exterminated

He was wrong
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

pinkerton
Killer
Killer

Post by pinkerton » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:18 am

ah yeah, that's extreme. When it comes to taste in art, food, drink there really can't be a wrong opinion. If you go down that road it becomes quite dangerous.

Its not so much Hitler's opinions, but rather his extreme reactions.

You can hate whomever you want, but once you start killing people it becomes a whole different ballgame. :teach:
I'm swimming in blood.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:27 am

in your opinion ;)
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

pinkerton
Killer
Killer

Post by pinkerton » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:37 am

steven_crayn wrote:in your opinion ;)
which can't be wrong :grin:
I'm swimming in blood.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:38 am

pinkerton wrote:
steven_crayn wrote:in your opinion ;)
which can't be wrong :grin:
unless you agree with Hitler?

pinkerton
Killer
Killer

Post by pinkerton » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:40 am

Well, I disagree with Hitler. Everyone has hate in them and all capable of that type of destruction, as human show again and again.
I'm swimming in blood.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:09 pm

glad to hear it

but if someone said that in their opinion Westlife were a better band than the Beatles no one with half a brain or any taste of what is quality would take them seriously so their opinion that Westlife were better than the Beatles would be wrong.

But you keep believing the opposite if you want as frankly scarlet I don't give a dam!

pinkerton
Killer
Killer

Post by pinkerton » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:16 pm

just because I don't agree with an opinion or hold an opposite view point it doesn't mean the other person is wrong.

Maybe someone out there really does like westlife that much, and that's fine. I would never say they are wrong for their taste, even though its not my cup of tea.
I'm swimming in blood.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:26 pm

oh how very civilized of you, some people have the taste for murdering innocent people in their opinion its ok and this blanket cliche' that people like you trot out that no ones opinion can be wrong is so naive but I've really wasted too much precious time on this for today.

Have a nice day ::((:

pinkerton
Killer
Killer

Post by pinkerton » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:32 pm

We all have murder inside us. I know the terrible things lurking in me.

Besides, you brought up Hitler. We were having a conversation about music. Hitler really has nothing to do it, unless you wanna talk about his paintings. Sorry to say, but you didn't have a strong way to support your ideas so you thought you could trump the conversation by bring up Hitler. No dice, grandma!
I'm swimming in blood.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:24 pm

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:28 pm

Wow! I bow to the Master of Internet Discussions. That corollary is remarkable. I must file that one away.

:clap:

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:29 pm

Okay back to the topic: I personally love the album...fell in love with it the minute it came out...loved the promotional materials for it (the 3 videos, the tv special on Halloween about the making of it)...the ads were creepy...and as for the songs/lyrics....I guess I am missing what everyone who didn't like it was bashing...I think there are some really good lyrics here (you look like you'd fit in the trunk of my car, which leg would you lose to an aracnophobic psychopath, etc.)...visually it is the one album I wish a full blown production had been there to go with it. The other option for me would have been to have Alice star in a low budget creepy horror movie based on this idea.
"Freedom to rock, freedom to talk, freeeedom, raise your fist and yell!"

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:43 am

GNDM wrote:
Wow! I bow to the Master of Internet Discussions. That corollary is remarkable. I must file that one away.

:clap:
Yup, created a new bookmark for Wikipedia just for this! :grin:
(Not that I shouldn't have had one already! :/ )
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

pinkerton
Killer
Killer

Post by pinkerton » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:23 am

Bravo Si! My hat's off to you. I'm going to bookmark that as well.

ACAS27, I do love the promo material as well. I do find two things disappointing about the reaction to the album here.

1. People don't like the lyrics.

2. People keep using the word "overproduced." Its just a buzz-word and doesn't have any real meaning.
I'm swimming in blood.

Loomis
Killer
Killer

Post by Loomis » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:52 pm

To me, it sounded like an album that could have been done by any pop artist. The big red flag should have been the producer and the other artists he worked with before.
Progressives are scariest thing on the planet.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:40 pm

pinkerton wrote:1. People don't like the lyrics
A lot of them are blah or cringeworthy. The ones ACAS cited above, case in point.
pinkerton wrote: 2. People keep using the word "overproduced." Its just a buzz-word and doesn't have any real meaning.
Sure it does. There are different ways to interpret it, but in this instance it could mean the sound of the album represented the producers whims maybe more than Alice's. I've heard that the demos sound better than the resulting album versions, but I can't personally vouch for that.

Or it could mean too much faking clapping.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

Kahler
Trash
Trash

Post by Kahler » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:41 pm

I like ACAS quite a lot, but I can understand why people dislike it. The music is very upbeat and could probably have been more scarier (perhaps with a slight touch from BP and DT?) For me the lyrics seem ok to me.

I somehow get more the feeling of Eyes of AC than I do with BP/DT feeling, which is what I miss most. The dark creepy atmosphere such concept should have,