Question about this video (1977)

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Question about this video (1977)

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:36 am

>"There are three Alices' running at the camera: Alice in leather, Alice in the straight jacket and Alice in top hat and tails."

In this video, Alice in red jump suit is running.

Whoever wrote that is mistaken, I think. Where did you see that? I watched again the footage that was shown on the screen at the start of the show quite recently and I think it was "Alice in red jump suit" that is shown not "in top hat and tails". The other two references are correct though.

> I think "Only women bleed" (in this video, TV screen show Sheryl dancing as 'Madhouse Rock' Tour DVD) , on the other hand, Lace & Whiskey concert review noted Alice sang "Only women bleed" with rag doll.

It was both, according to pictures I've seen.

>It's pity that there is not full live footage from this tour, because I think it was one of the most entertaining concert Alice have ever done (giant TV screen, Cyclops and giant chickens etc).

I think the particularly interesting element was the especially produced films, such as the ones you described but also the fake television commercials and the film for the "King Of The Silver Screen". I have maybe a couple of dozen 'behind the scenes' images from the latter and it looked interesting (if you're into Busby Berkely and that sort of thing).

thenightmare92
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by thenightmare92 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:59 am

A_MichaelUK wrote:>"There are three Alices' running at the camera: Alice in leather, Alice in the straight jacket and Alice in top hat and tails."

In this video, Alice in red jump suit is running.

Whoever wrote that is mistaken, I think. Where did you see that? I watched again the footage that was shown on the screen at the start of the show quite recently and I think it was "Alice in red jump suit" that is shown not "in top hat and tails". The other two references are correct though.

> I think "Only women bleed" (in this video, TV screen show Sheryl dancing as 'Madhouse Rock' Tour DVD) , on the other hand, Lace & Whiskey concert review noted Alice sang "Only women bleed" with rag doll.

It was both, according to pictures I've seen.

>It's pity that there is not full live footage from this tour, because I think it was one of the most entertaining concert Alice have ever done (giant TV screen, Cyclops and giant chickens etc).

I think the particularly interesting element was the especially produced films, such as the ones you described but also the fake television commercials and the film for the "King Of The Silver Screen". I have maybe a couple of dozen 'behind the scenes' images from the latter and it looked interesting (if you're into Busby Berkely and that sort of thing).
I believe the opening had four Alice's running, Alice in his Nightmare jumpsuit, Alice in leather, in a straight jacket, and in top hat and tails. In that order. As for Only Women Bleed, I believe Alice started with the rag doll that then "came alive" resulting in Sheryl dancing. Finally, I would more than love to see these "behind the scene" images of the mock commercials, I've only ever heard them and seen one picture of one of them, I've always thought they sounded very interesting... I've always been interested in the heavy use of the magic screen on this tour

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:14 am

>I believe the opening had four Alice's running, Alice in his Nightmare jumpsuit, Alice in leather, in a straight jacket, and in top hat and tails. In that order.

To the best of my recollection it was three, but you could be right.

>As for Only Women Bleed, I believe Alice started with the rag doll that then "came alive" resulting in Sheryl dancing.

Yes (repeating the trick from "Welome To My Nightmare" and as used on "The Nightmare Returns" as well).

> I've always been interested in the heavy use of the magic screen on this tour

Me too.

thenightmare92
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by thenightmare92 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:43 pm

http://s1008.photobucket.com/albums/af2 ... 9713cb.jpg

Just for reference, for anyone interested. If anyone else has any interesting photos or film (aside from Alice Cooper and Friends) from this tour that they'd like to share it would be greatly appreciated!

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:10 pm

>http://s1008.photobucket.com/albums/af2 ... 9713cb.jpg

Excellent - thanks.

thenightmare92
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by thenightmare92 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:42 pm

thenightmare92 wrote:http://s1008.photobucket.com/albums/af2 ... 9713cb.jpg

Just for reference, for anyone interested. If anyone else has any interesting photos or film (aside from Alice Cooper and Friends) from this tour that they'd like to share it would be greatly appreciated!
If you have anything to share please share it with me via Private Message please!

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:40 pm

Here are photos a friend of mine took at the Buffalo, NY, show on June 20, 1978:

http://sickthings.goatley.com/photos/19 ... 0-buffalo/

Hunter

thenightmare92
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by thenightmare92 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:45 pm

SickThings wrote:Here are photos a friend of mine took at the Buffalo, NY, show on June 20, 1978:

http://sickthings.goatley.com/photos/19 ... 0-buffalo/

Hunter
Found those quite awhile back, and I really enjoyed them. Your friend was in an excellent spot to capture the stage setup as a whole. Thanks for sharing

cherrypie
Spacebrain Vagabond
Spacebrain Vagabond

Post by cherrypie » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:44 pm

Great to see these, thanks for posting!! :clap:
I hate Opera, I hate Oprah
http://www.fountainlife.blogspot.com

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:02 pm

Looks like Boo Bar live on stage. Major mis- step in his career.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:20 pm

>Looks like Boo Bar live on stage.

That really will get you into trouble with Si - he loves the giant chickens.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:26 pm

I'll overnight him a bucket of KFC.

sumorider
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by sumorider » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:11 am

To A_MichaelUK:

>Where did you see that?

Lace and Whiskey album review on this site.

To thenightmare92:

>As for Only Women Bleed, I believe Alice started with the rag doll that then "came alive" resulting in Sheryl dancing.

Yes, in this video, there is two dancers dancing. So I wondered why.

thenightmare92
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by thenightmare92 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:28 pm

sumorider wrote:
To thenightmare92:

Yes, in this video, there is two dancers dancing. So I wondered why.
There's actually only Sheryl onstage, the "second" dancer you're seeing is just a projected image of Sheryl blown up on the television screen, something they did a couple times throughout the show.

sumorider
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by sumorider » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:28 pm

To thenightmare92:

In this video (1:30~), I believe there are actually two dancers plus Sheryl on the TV screen.

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:49 pm

Looks like a projection to me....

Hunter

thenightmare92
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by thenightmare92 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:52 pm

sumorider wrote:To thenightmare92:

In this video (1:30~), I believe there are actually two dancers plus Sheryl on the TV screen.
I assure you she is the only one dancing, if you can get your hands on a copy of Alice Cooper and Friends watch it for verification, it too only has her onstage

sumorider
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by sumorider » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:04 pm

How many times i look at this video, I think there are two dancers on stage plus
Sheryl on TV screen...(in this video, 1:30~1:33)

I think I must go to the eye doctor.

thenightmare92
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by thenightmare92 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:53 pm

sumorider wrote:How many times i look at this video, I think there are two dancers on stage plus
Sheryl on TV screen...(in this video, 1:30~1:33)

I think I must go to the eye doctor.
You may be confusing her shadow on the screen as another dancer, also as the camera pans across the stage the tv screen has an up close shot of her face which then quickly cuts to her full body dancing which might be tricking your eyes.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:32 am

A_MichaelUK wrote: I think the particularly interesting element was the especially produced films, such as the ones you described but also the fake television commercials and the film for the "King Of The Silver Screen"..
It's somewhat surprising that this footage no longer exists since it was part of the show itself.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."