Met Ed and Marsha Edmunds (Makers of the Frankenalice)

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Met Ed and Marsha Edmunds (Makers of the Frankenalice)

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:44 pm

I was in Indianapolis, IN this weekend for the Horrorhound Weekend convention. I met Robert Englund AKA Freddy Krueger and he was incredible...he had a hilarious story when I told him how I had met Alice before and asked him about his favorite movie cameo. He told me that it was playing Freddy's stepfather and that he knew society would find a way to blame him for Freddy.

Robert laughed and he said in the Freddy voice, "Alice is cool...but my younger self took care of him with a scalpel to the eye...ha ha ha ha"

Awesome...

Anyway, I ran into Ed and Marsha Edmunds from Distortions Unlimited. They are so cool...had some amazing stories about Alice. For those who saw the Travel Channel special that chronicled the making of the FrankenAlice, that is their handiwork (well their companies). Well, they told me that they have been with Alice since ironically my first tour, which was Brutal Planet. They told me all kinds of neat stuff about the tours that followed.

I said wouldn't it be cool if for an online interview or perhaps a special on a future dvd/bluray, that they spend an hour with Ed and Marsha and go over the props, the photos, the tricks, etc to making some of Alice's shows. They loved the idea and encouraged me to put it on here to get feedback from.
"Freedom to rock, freedom to talk, freeeedom, raise your fist and yell!"

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Met Ed and Marsha Edmunds (Makers of the Frankenalice)

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:56 pm

:grin: Bring It On !!! :clap:
The props are a big part of the show. I'm sure each and every one has a story (or two) to tell.
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

tuneylune
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Met Ed and Marsha Edmunds (Makers of the Frankenalice)

Post by tuneylune » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:47 am

I remember seeing the Travel Channel episode, but only part of it. THOUGHT the "Franken-Alice"looked familiar.
"I need everything the world owes me..."