new album ?

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

coldethyl63
Trash
Trash

new album ?

Post by coldethyl63 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:17 am

is there a new album in the works besides the covers album?

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Re: new album ?

Post by Shoesalesman » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:33 am

Moved this from the Tour section to the General Discussion section.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:20 am

I'm just a big cooper fan,not an inside info guy,but I scour anything I can find about Alice and outside of the covers album,there appears to be nothing else in the works that I've seen....but hey,give it a year!!! it's a lot of work just completing one album I bet,much less two. maybe alice could pretend he's making a double album and make our wishes come true!!!

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:12 pm

Recent history suggests that it can take between 1-2 years for an album to be taken from it's point of conception to general release, that would indicate that we wouldn't see anything till 2015 at the earliest.

There are exceptions, however, plus there's the interesting Night Shift project which (based on previous interviews etc.) is fairly well developed already.
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:32 pm

>which (based on previous interviews etc.) is fairly well developed already.

I wouldn't go that far, although he had a concept for it.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:23 pm

Correct, I get the feeling he could hit the ground running with that one though.
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

unfinished sweet
Trash
Trash

Post by unfinished sweet » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:23 pm

I think he said somewhere that it's a covers album with a few new songs. He's finishing it up this month (september). Don't know about any future stuff. Would love another "Eyes of Alice Cooper" style album. Lot's of killer tunes on that one. I like the "under my wheels" style Alice and that album had some like that.

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:20 am

I don't think any album "grew on me" more than "eyes"!!

andyrew
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by andyrew » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:30 pm

I'd like to see him release something really dark and loud. An anthem, in your face type album like RYFAY.
W2MN was great for humour and I liked the different styles it took on, but it's time to get back into the really dark and creepy Alice. ACAS had the potential for that, but the production really held it back. So to me, it feels like there hasn't been a dark album with true meaning since 2001s Dragontown.

Also important to note Alice's rule of 2s. The next album may be another garage rock style album similar to The Eyes after the Covers album. If it is, that would still be great cause that was truly a classic.

tim10cc
Killer
Killer

Post by tim10cc » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:31 pm

When I first jumped into the album Eyes of Alice Cooper I didn't like it and I shelved it.

Now I enjoy it and give it more of a play than Dirty Diamonds which I have shelved and failed to give it a complete listen in years.
The road to hell is littered with nice guys with good intentions.

Lucius Morthem
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Lucius Morthem » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:58 pm

Honestly I'd not like another Eyes Of.... Alice has always rreinvented himself, every album is different from the others, I'd like him to attach to that. Do something different again.

But Of course I'd like him to step out from all this nonsense and humour, I Don't like his perspective that "We cannot shock them, let's make them laugh"

I Think audiences are pretty much impressionable than shockable, but you can still make an effort and do it right, Alice still can

andyrew
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by andyrew » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:14 pm

>But Of course I'd like him to step out from all this nonsense and humour, I Don't like his perspective that "We cannot shock them, let's make them laugh"

I Think audiences are pretty much impressionable than shockable, but you can still make an effort and do it right, Alice still can

I agree with that. Audiences love Rob Zombie for what he is...dark themed horror mixed with a hard edged type of music style. At Alice's age, he needs to start going back to the whole essence of why he created the persona of Alice Cooper in the first place...to be the villain, the captain hook among all of the other musicians who were the Peter Pans'. Having more consistency in a horror theme to get people excited for his villainous ways again such as RYFAY and Dragontown/Brutal Planet is what should happen next.

But one album I want Alice to either make in 2015 ( As part of the 40th anniversary of WTMN) or as the last album of his career (Which would be a pretty big gap and a long time from now I hope), is Welcome To My Nightmar3. It would be really cool to make the Steven concept into a trilogy and expand the storyline. There's the 3 points to the triangle, so there should be 3 arching story lines to it. His mom was primarily involved in the first one, we get a glimpse of his dad in the second one. Bringing in a long lost brother of Steven's past who he never really knew that comes to torment him in another nightmare would be pretty epic.

Another project thats on hold is "Alice's 7 Deadly Sins". That seems like a really creepy concept album that will hopefully see the light of day soon.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:28 pm

>There's the 3 points to the triangle, so there should be 3 arching story lines to it.

I think we've had this discussion before - you're interpreting the story (such as it is) in your own way (which you're allowed to do) and presenting it as some kind of fact.

> His mom was primarily involved in the first one,

She is referred to in one song - just as his wife was.

>Another project thats on hold is "Alice's 7 Deadly Sins".

It never really began.

Lucius Morthem
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Lucius Morthem » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:14 pm

But It would be fantastic if it begins someday (Alice's 7 Deadly Sins)
But to be honest, doesn't sound good for an album, maybe for a book, or comic, but In order to make it an album and tour, They would have to re-work the idea in order to sell it properly

darkmenace
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by darkmenace » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:56 pm

Looking forward to the covers album (especially with some new tunes on it). The last two albums were disappointing. Alice is usually at his best when he does concept (story-themed) albums like FTI, TLT, etc, but ACAS was one of my least favorite of his albums and W2MN was disappointing. For my tastes a change of pace is good medicine.

Lucius Morthem
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Lucius Morthem » Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:10 am

I Loved ACAS never understood why there's so much people hating it. The same with Dragontown.

In my opinion, there are maybe a lot of misunderstanding of those albums. They'd been a lot better with other producers (maybe) but Who knows? As far for the concept I Dug them pretty well and I Loved them

Devon
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by Devon » Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:41 am

Lucius Morthem wrote:I Loved ACAS never understood why there's so much people hating it.
Because it sucks. That's why.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:50 am

I agree. ACAS was his worst album since Constrictor. Never listen to both anymore.

Lucius Morthem
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Lucius Morthem » Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:13 am

Nobody has ever given me a reason, that's why i'm asking for. Sorry if I Didn't explain myself well.

Could anyone in this whole wide forum give me a reason on why Along Came A Spider is such a bad album ?

Lyrics ? Story ? Production? Alice singing? Ozzy and the harmonica? The only promotional video Alice has release in about 8 years ?

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:46 am

>but In order to make it an album and tour, They would have to re-work the idea in order to sell it properly

That is hard to prove considering nothing was ever recorded in a final form.