Paris TV Special 82

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Paris TV Special 82

Post by steven_crayn » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:16 pm

good quality complete version surfaced on the net well worth watching if you've never seen it before.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x13t3u ... 1982_music
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

Steven Lee Cooper
Killer
Killer

Re: Paris TV Special 82

Post by Steven Lee Cooper » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:43 pm

As always, and very unfortunately, it misses the section showing a live rendition of "who do you think we are" followed by a live version of "you're a movie" : this section appears only with the copy that has the swedish (or danish ?) subtitles during the songs, and happens between the interview and "vicious rumours". I really can't figure why this section has been cut out on the copy that has no subtitles ::((: This would mean that the french tv, though it made this film, shown a shorter version than a foreign one did ! How illogical is that ? A shame it's still incomplete in a great condition, as I love this film. I wonder who has the right to this film. Maybe its director ? Or the TV station ? If it's the latter, it could be a problem to have it released one day as this station doesn't exist anymore - that is, under its original name. If that's the director... mmm... I wonder if she lives in Paris... maybe i should check out.
Steven Lee Cooper peeks in the forums when he feels really brave....

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:25 pm

>as I love this film. I wonder who has the right to this film. Maybe its director ? Or the TV station ?

The answer appears to be in the opening titles and in the credits.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:54 am

Great quality :rock: :rock:

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:54 am

Great quality :rock: :rock:

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:56 am

Steven Lee Cooper wrote:As always, and very unfortunately, it misses the section showing a live rendition of "who do you think we are" followed by a live version of "you're a movie" : this section appears only with the copy that has the swedish (or danish ?) subtitles during the songs, and happens between the interview and "vicious rumours". I really can't figure why this section has been cut out on the copy that has no subtitles ::((: This would mean that the french tv, though it made this film, shown a shorter version than a foreign one did ! How illogical is that ? A shame it's still incomplete in a great condition, as I love this film. I wonder who has the right to this film. Maybe its director ? Or the TV station ? If it's the latter, it could be a problem to have it released one day as this station doesn't exist anymore - that is, under its original name. If that's the director... mmm... I wonder if she lives in Paris... maybe i should check out.
You live in Paris so it's easier for you to check it out.

steven15322
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by steven15322 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:03 am

I don't believe it is totally complete missing at least one song? Your A Movie. I think?

Oops missed above comment sorry
Before you burn your mark on me
I'll carve mine in your face

Jumping Jack
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Jumping Jack » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:32 am

Every time I see parts this I am thankful Coop turned his life around. Very disturbing and hard to watch. Glad he raised himself from the dead and is still here and rocking our world.
Caffeine! Caffeine!
Amphetamine
A little speed is all I need
Caffeine! Caffeine!

cherrypie
Spacebrain Vagabond
Spacebrain Vagabond

Post by cherrypie » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:36 pm

Jumping Jack wrote:Every time I see parts this I am thankful Coop turned his life around. Very disturbing and hard to watch. Glad he raised himself from the dead and is still here and rocking our world.
Absolutely agree. I find it quite hard to watch him when he looks so ill - it's like looking at somebody else, only the voice is the same. AT the same time, I can't NOT watch it, lol. Never liked the tied up hair thing either.
Thx for posting, Steven
I hate Opera, I hate Oprah
http://www.fountainlife.blogspot.com

Lucius Morthem
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Lucius Morthem » Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:33 am

Sorry but I Disagree, as much I Love the Coop rght now, The old shows, those forgotten years, had something, something really special. I Love those albums, and I'd love to have a full pro shot show . Love the makeup,style, The new direction he took, he reinvented himself again and did something different. I Love when an artist does something agressive and dangerous (for his career) like that.

I Love the sober Coop, but I Won't ever hate or even don't like the drunk one (At shows, no personal life)

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:34 am

Lucius Morthem wrote:Sorry but I Disagree, as much I Love the Coop rght now, The old shows, those forgotten years, had something, something really special. I Love those albums, and I'd love to have a full pro shot show . Love the makeup,style, The new direction he took, he reinvented himself again and did something different. I Love when an artist does something agressive and dangerous (for his career) like that.

I Love the sober Coop, but I Won't ever hate or even don't like the drunk one (At shows, no personal life)
I agree :rock: :rock:

darkmenace
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by darkmenace » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:45 am

I agree, there were elements of danger and spontaneity in the non-sober years that simply can't be replaced after. For me it was always part of his appeal, that he was just winging his way through the show even though there were scripted parts. Even if that was part illusion a good illusion is great, that's the basis of great performance art.

I loved his classic work with the band in 1971-1973 but also the weird years with Zappa and the weird years of Special Forces. Perfect bookends.

When he became sober and many of those elements were lost what interested me was when he told a good story, for example TLT and BP, where he used the character as a vehicle for fiction.

revinkevin
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by revinkevin » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:38 pm

I love the Paris video. There is a edge to it that is razor sharp. Scary Alice and the band had a stripped down and raw show which I was lucky enough to see live. 30 years later this video is still out there. That said I am glad Alice got his personal life back together because I doubt if he would have been around much longer if he did not.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:18 pm

revinkevin wrote:I love the Paris video. There is a edge to it that is razor sharp. Scary Alice and the band had a stripped down and raw show which I was lucky enough to see live. 30 years later this video is still out there. That said I am glad Alice got his personal life back together because I doubt if he would have been around much longer if he did not.
I have to agree on that one too

danielleV
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by danielleV » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:45 pm

thank you very much.
i personnaly love this Special Forces times in Paris. Very expressionist....i was in Paris 1977.1981
for my Teacher's exam and studies and didnt knew Alice was there....
"I know Danielle!", Alice Cooper, Paris 2017

danielleV
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by danielleV » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:46 pm

Genius tv show. Pain is my fav song...
"I know Danielle!", Alice Cooper, Paris 2017

tuneylune
Dada God
Dada God

Post by tuneylune » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:30 pm

Thanks for posting Steven. Have seen this before and although I was concerned at how frail he looked, still think he does his usual good job. Very glad he got better and is still performing.
"I need everything the world owes me..."

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:21 pm

Thanks for this but the link really should be removed. How did Anuk miss this one. Oh wait a minute you are not TB.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:02 am

>Thanks for this but the link really should be removed. How did Anuk miss this one. Oh wait a minute you are not TB.

You are paranoid. You still haven't read or understood the rule. If you have a problem with the rule itself, take it up with the owner of this site.

Lucius Morthem
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Lucius Morthem » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:14 pm

Oh God Stop!