Alice's new tracks for MaryAnn Cotton

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

andyrew
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Alice's new tracks for MaryAnn Cotton

Post by andyrew » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:34 pm

Wonder if these are the 3 new tracks Alice was talking about. Excited to hear what they will sound like with Dick Wagner. Hopefully there will be 3 more new ones on the covers Album!

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Alice's new tracks for MaryAnn Cotton

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:55 pm

>Wonder if these are the 3 new tracks Alice was talking about.

I wouldn't have thought so.

Lucius Morthem
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Lucius Morthem » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:07 am

Dont really know what Maryann Cotton is about. But for what I've read, Alice only wrote the songs with Wagner, so, I Don't think He'd be singing, So I'm kind of disappointed,

Good and great for Maryann, I'd be in extasis if my all time idol would write songs for me. But as an Alice Cooper fan, if he doesn't sing on this, I Won't care much

Rob
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Rob » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:43 pm

It must be true A_Michael said so

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:39 am

Lucius Morthem wrote:Dont really know what Maryann Cotton is about. But for what I've read, Alice only wrote the songs with Wagner, so, I Don't think He'd be singing, So I'm kind of disappointed,

Good and great for Maryann, I'd be in extasis if my all time idol would write songs for me. But as an Alice Cooper fan, if he doesn't sing on this, I Won't care much
"Alice only wrote the songs with Wagner"?! one of the great songwriting teams! aren't you at least curious to know how the songs will be interpreted?

Always found it interesting when Carol Bayer Sager sang a song she co wrote with Alice 'Shadows', ok he did provide backing vocals on it but always interesting to hear something Alice has written or co written that he isn't singing lead vocals on.

http://youtu.be/nM5UMd7eq4E
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:11 am

I'd never heard of this Maryann Cotton before but is clearly an Alice fanatic on one of his videos he's watching the Alice 'Hello Hooray' live video from 73 on his mobile before he goes onstage!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W90wU3ktNA8&sns=em

guys got a touch of Alice in the voice he's even done a song called Halo Of Dust

Mary Ann Cotton was a real life serial killer obviously nice touch with the song reference too, one to watch methinks!
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:01 am

his dad is bass player with King Diamond (Hal Patino) and is also in his sons band along with 2 ex King Diamond members.

Can see why he used the 73 Alice clip in his video as he (real name Jackie Patino) remembers watching his dads VHS of the Good To See You Again film (would have been that German version that came out in the 1980s) when he was about 3 years old! interesting character.

Dick Wagner is producing the album also and says it's going to be a concept album in the style of Welcome To My Nightmare.

Definitely worth a listen I think

VinceRaven
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by VinceRaven » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:54 am

Ha! Just watched that clip and listened to his 'Shock Me' single. He's so influenced by Alice it's unreal. I'm genuinely surprised he's not drinking Budweiser before he goes onstage.

old school vet
Killer
Killer

Post by old school vet » Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:15 pm

VinceRaven wrote- I'm genuinely surprised he's not drinking Budweiser before he goes onstage.

He looks like he'd be under age to drink a Bud -Lol

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:55 pm

VinceRaven wrote:Ha! Just watched that clip and listened to his 'Shock Me' single. He's so influenced by Alice it's unreal. I'm genuinely surprised he's not drinking Budweiser before he goes onstage.
has got a touch of Be My Lover about it
http://youtu.be/ppXQxE-Fphw

imitation the sincerest form of flattery they say.

I think the guy is really good there is other stuff going on as well as the strong Alice influence which is always a good thing, the more bands influenced by Alice Cooper the better I say.

Great image and his version of Jesus Christ Superstar is sensational

http://youtu.be/G4FxVM2oVHI

alicebackstage
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by alicebackstage » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:20 am

For the record, these songs are songs that Dick wrote with Alice ages ago that we're never added to any album. Alice is not actively working with this artist or with Dick Wagner, but has met Maryann at a VIP meet and greet several times. Dick apparently decided they would work for Maryann since they were never released via any Alice album. I have not seen anything where they are claiming that Alice is currently involved but I would like to see it if anyone comes across any such PR as that is not the case.

Lucius Morthem
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Lucius Morthem » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:37 am

http://www.bravewords.com/news/209105

Bravewords was the the one who had the story about Alice writing for Maryann

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:24 pm

alicebackstage wrote:For the record, these songs are songs that Dick wrote with Alice ages ago that we're never added to any album. Alice is not actively working with this artist or with Dick Wagner, but has met Maryann at a VIP meet and greet several times. Dick apparently decided they would work for Maryann since they were never released via any Alice album. I have not seen anything where they are claiming that Alice is currently involved but I would like to see it if anyone comes across any such PR as that is not the case.
Dick is supposed to be producing his next album though and has been in communication with Maryann Cotton via the web - file sharing, Skype etc.

larryelbows
Trash
Trash

Post by larryelbows » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:30 pm

Sorry, not impressed. I understand idolizing someone - Alice Cooper idolized The Beatles, the Yardbirds, etc - but he didn't out right steal from them.

Girls name? Check.
Look? Check.
Vocal style? Check.
Music style? Check.

He's a forth rate rip off with a rich and famous dad. Screw this guy.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:12 pm

>Bravewords was the the one who had the story about Alice writing for Maryann

No. They just repeated what he already said on his site, which is misleading.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:04 am

larryelbows wrote:Sorry, not impressed. I understand idolizing someone - Alice Cooper idolized The Beatles, the Yardbirds, etc - but he didn't out right steal from them.

Girls name? Check.
Look? Check.
Vocal style? Check.
Music style? Check.

you mean fourth rate right?

Very harsh, unfair and vitriolic comments.

Alice Cooper in the early days were very Yardbirds even stealing their set when they supported them, but later developed their own sound, who is to say this guy won't?

Fourth rate rip off with a rich and famous dad? hardly fourth rate and his dad ain't that rich or that famous.

There is certainly a lot of potential, Dick Wagner wouldn't work with any old rubbish he's got too much integrity.

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:00 pm

I came across this chap while chatting to someone online about King Diamond. Not my kind of thing but he's good at what he does. Not entirely sure there's a big enough audience for what he's doing in the UK/USA but I understand that this kinda music and image is still quite popular in Europe and Asia so he should do OK.

With regards to King Diamond, does anyone know if he/they and Alice have ever met? I happen to really rate the first couple of Mercyful Fate albums....and King Diamond's 'Abigail' album is hilarious and brilliant.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:01 pm

While Heaven Wept wrote: With regards to King Diamond, does anyone know if he/they and Alice have ever met? I happen to really rate the first couple of Mercyful Fate albums....and King Diamond's 'Abigail' album is hilarious and brilliant.
I'm pretty sure I've seen at least one photo of them together from years ago. Probably from backstage at a festival or something.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:14 pm

yes I think that photo was in Kerrang!

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:38 pm

steven_crayn wrote:
larryelbows wrote:Sorry, not impressed. I understand idolizing someone - Alice Cooper idolized The Beatles, the Yardbirds, etc - but he didn't out right steal from them.

Girls name? Check.
Look? Check.
Vocal style? Check.
Music style? Check.

you mean fourth rate right?

Very harsh, unfair and vitriolic comments.

Alice Cooper in the early days were very Yardbirds even stealing their set when they supported them, but later developed their own sound, who is to say this guy won't?

Fourth rate rip off with a rich and famous dad? hardly fourth rate and his dad ain't that rich or that famous.

There is certainly a lot of potential, Dick Wagner wouldn't work with any old rubbish he's got too much integrity.
This guy makes Marilyn Manson look like an original idea.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."