Hey Stoopid Expanded

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Hey Stoopid Expanded

Post by scotty » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:37 am

sorry to hear that-no typhoons hopefully here in ohio,and I'm seriously considering finally dressing up like Alice this year. It's intimidating trying to pull it off....I'm going for circa '75 with top hat and tails and cane!

pinkerton
Killer
Killer

Post by pinkerton » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:06 am

scotty wrote:sorry to hear that-no typhoons hopefully here in ohio,and I'm seriously considering finally dressing up like Alice this year. It's intimidating trying to pull it off....I'm going for circa '75 with top hat and tails and cane!
nice. that sounds cool. The typhoons went off course and it wasn't so bad. still messed my halloween plans though.
I'm swimming in blood.

patrick
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by patrick » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:37 pm

if i remember well, it was in a Headbangers Ball one night around the Hey Stoopid area, that Alice mentioned they had plenty more songs for that album than those that finally made the record.
It rained all Night was probably one of them , and a good one imo.
Wonder why it was not selected, since it seemed to fit well with the other songs on HS
Wonder what happened to the rest..
you really wouldn't understand..

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:10 pm

>It rained all Night was probably one of them

I think it was actually left over from "Trash" but I'm not sure.

>Wonder what happened to the rest..

They still exist.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:56 am

A_MichaelUK wrote: >Wonder what happened to the rest..

They still exist.
Good to know. Are there any that haven't seen some sort of release?
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:59 am

The rest might appear on a future box (the year AFTER the first box). That would be nice. :rock:

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:22 am

i love It Rained All Night. like Under The Bed, it's one of those songs that totally baffles me as to why it wasn't part of the standard album.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:14 am

>Are there any that haven't seen some sort of release?

Yes.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:15 am

>The rest might appear on a future box (the year AFTER the first box). That would be nice

A lot of them aren't good enough for that.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:29 am

A_MichaelUK wrote:>The rest might appear on a future box (the year AFTER the first box). That would be nice

A lot of them aren't good enough for that.
I think Andy that a lot of fans don't care about the soundquality (if that's what you mean) of these demos. Seeing/hearing a song in progress is sometimes much more interesting.

I think that there are enough songs to put out in the future.
A few months agothere was that demo (If fourth street) from TRASH that sounded very nice.
The song from MANKIND is really good.Chemical reaction is also strong.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:48 am

>I think Andy that a lot of fans don't care about the soundquality (if that's what you mean) of these demos.

No, I was referring to the standard of the songs.

> Seeing/hearing a song in progress is sometimes much more interesting.

It can be. There are some alternative mixes which are pretty good but those are of songs that were released.

>A few months agothere was that demo (If fourth street) from TRASH that sounded very nice.

That is actually from “Hey Stoopid” and while the chorus isn’t bad , I think the rest of the song is.

>The song from MANKIND is really good.

I don’t think that was written for one of Alice’s projects though and as far as I’m aware he wasn’t involved in the writing of it.

>Chemical reaction is also strong.

I think sometimes there is a good reason why some songs are never recorded with the intention of including them on an album.

schinkengott
Killer
Killer

Post by schinkengott » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:02 pm

I know we have unreleased songs that aren't good enough, we have songs from TLT, we have songs from RYFAY, we have songs from Constrictor, we have songs from Trash. And personally.......I don't care (about the quality). I just wanna hear them.
Thats what a good spider does...you trap....you kill....you eat

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:15 pm

>I just wanna hear them.

That is understandable.

jettrainfan
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by jettrainfan » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:58 am

mestreech wrote:The rest might appear on a future box (the year AFTER the first box). That would be nice. :rock:
That gave me a great idea, even though it may never happen. Maybe Alice can have a 10-12 song album called "Nobody Likes Me" (probably be something else due to all the boot-legs under that name) and have the best of the best of the songs that were rejected from the final album products. They'd be recorded in the style of "Alice does Alice" if they need to be recorded properly. Preferably songs that were never officially released but I wouldn't mind seeing Nobody Likes Me being the first song on it. It may never happen but its a nice nightmare to dream. :8):

schinkengott
Killer
Killer

Post by schinkengott » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:07 am

I'd totally buy that! Great idea, jettrainfain!
Thats what a good spider does...you trap....you kill....you eat

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:02 pm

jettrainfan wrote:
mestreech wrote:The rest might appear on a future box (the year AFTER the first box). That would be nice. :rock:
That gave me a great idea, even though it may never happen. Maybe Alice can have a 10-12 song album called "Nobody Likes Me" (probably be something else due to all the boot-legs under that name) and have the best of the best of the songs that were rejected from the final album products. They'd be recorded in the style of "Alice does Alice" if they need to be recorded properly. Preferably songs that were never officially released but I wouldn't mind seeing Nobody Likes Me being the first song on it. It may never happen but its a nice nightmare to dream. :8):
:rock: :clap: :)

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:46 pm

> Maybe Alice can have a 10-12 song album called "Nobody Likes Me" (probably be something else due to all the boot-legs under that name) and have the best of the best of the songs that were rejected from the final album products.

There wouldn't be that many songs that would fit that description.

Swinger
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Swinger » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:48 pm

Really I think releasing an album of rejected demos wouldn't be a bad idea, regardless of the "quality" of the songs (after all, that is very subjective) as long as it's clear that it is indeed an album of songs that were rejected for not being good enough. It seems the fans would be interested in it at least. Plenty of other bands have done it after all (a good example is Devo who has released at least four albums worth of demos, both old and new) so it's hardly a strange idea.
Heck if you don't want to give it a "proper" release, you could just make it a digital release or something like that instead.

And speaking personally I would prefer to get official releases of stuff like "If 4th Street Could Talk" and "Chemical Reaction" rather than some of the radio ads or the kids sessions on Old School. (not that that stuff isn't interesting, but it's always more fun with real songs in my opinion).
"You, sir, are a demented, sick, degenerate, barbaric, naughty freako."

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:38 pm

>an album of songs that were rejected for not being good enough.

So you think people would buy it if it was advertised like that?! For this idea to become a reality, it would make more sense if they were bonus tracks on the albums they were intended for.

>It seems the fans would be interested in it at least.

I don't think this board is much of an indication of that.

>Plenty of other bands have done it after all (a good example is Devo who has released at least four albums worth of demos, both old and new) so it's hardly a strange idea.

Were they of songs that were never recorded and produced though?

>Heck if you don't want to give it a "proper" release, you could just make it a digital release or something like that instead.

It wouldn't be impossible but would still be difficult as all those recordings are owned by different record companies.

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:59 pm

DEVO recently released Something Else for Everybody. It's a full album of songs that didn't make the cut for Something for Everybody, some recorded specifically to be released that way. It was a digital-only release. There have been other releases of demos and full tracks that weren't produced.

Not saying Alice should or could do it, just answering the question.....

Hunter