Anyone rocking Cropredy Festival?

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Anyone rocking Cropredy Festival?

Post by bigbradwolf » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:15 pm

Think I'm going to get the weekend ticket and sod off after Alice, seeing that its his only UK appearance. Anyone thinking the same?

Pretty Ballerina
Trash
Trash

Re: Anyone rocking Cropredy Festival?

Post by Pretty Ballerina » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:22 pm

Yeah I'm travelling down from Northern Scotland as I want to see Alice at Cropredy. Annoyed that you have to pay for a 3 day ticket, but am going as its the only chance to see Alice in the UK this year.

Not interested in the other acts so will leave once I have seen Alice's show. As Alice is the best rocker around.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:23 pm

Not me, I'm gutted that Alice isn't doing any other shows in the UK this year but I simply can't justify the expense on seeing what will no doubt be a diluted experience.
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

old school vet
Killer
Killer

Post by old school vet » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:13 pm

bigbradwolf wrote - Think I'm going to get the weekend ticket and sod off after Alice, seeing that its his only UK appearance. Anyone thinking the same?

I have thought about it a lot, but have decided to give it a miss this time around in favour of seeing Orianthi at the 100 club on Wednesday. Hopefully the Coop will put in an appearance there?

James1981
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by James1981 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:38 pm

Hi Pretty Ballerina, where bouts in northern Scotland are you?
Boomshanka

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:20 pm

If they did day tickets I would go, but there's no way i'm paying for a weekend ticket just to see Alice. The rest of the lineup is pretty poor.

Pretty Ballerina
Trash
Trash

Post by Pretty Ballerina » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:07 pm

Hi James1981... I'm based in Speyside, where abouts are you?

I have always enjoyed Alice's music but had never seen him live. Went to see him in Edinburgh on the 31st October last year. Thought his concert was FAB, so although Cropredy is a rip off for UK fans I want to make up for lost time, and will try to catch him on every UK tour. Happy to bite the bullet and will pay the cash to see Alice.

James1981
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by James1981 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:45 am

Pretty Ballerina wrote:Hi James1981... I'm based in Speyside, where abouts are you?

I have always enjoyed Alice's music but had never seen him live. Went to see him in Edinburgh on the 31st October last year. Thought his concert was FAB, so although Cropredy is a rip off for UK fans I want to make up for lost time, and will try to catch him on every UK tour. Happy to bite the bullet and will pay the cash to see Alice.
I'm even further north than you. In Thurso. I was at that Edinburgh gig last year too. I got some pretty decent pics from that gig too. Was the 15th time I've seen him live, just moving house at the moment so I'm a bit skint and can't afford to go this year.
Boomshanka

cherrypie
Spacebrain Vagabond
Spacebrain Vagabond

Post by cherrypie » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:19 pm

I'll be at Crapredy, and I'll be leaving after Alice too. Asked him about it at VIP last week, and he said "well we said, you DO know what kind of music we play?...and they still wanted us". Should be interesting to see what the regular Fairport audience think.

Will be at 100 club , hope to see you there Old School Vet?
I hate Opera, I hate Oprah
http://www.fountainlife.blogspot.com

old school vet
Killer
Killer

Post by old school vet » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:40 pm

>Will be at 100 club , hope to see you there Old School Vet?

Looking forward to it...

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:45 pm

I read somewhere that there is a free car park if your not camping, which is good as it would save £35.

£115 is a lot of money but I'm thinking turn up try to appreciate what music's put on and then appreciate the master.

cherrypie
Spacebrain Vagabond
Spacebrain Vagabond

Post by cherrypie » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:06 pm

Cropredy was a actually a really nice festival - not too many people, everyone was pretty friendly and Alice went down a storm!! Not too keen on the rest of the music, but it wasn't all folk - they seem to make a point of having lots of very different acts. Guys on before Alice were Folk Reggae :bam: They weren't too bad, but went on for far too long......... *brick* *brick*

I spoke to a few people at the bar afterwards, some of them had never seen Alice and thought he was 'absolutely amazing'. I just knew he would blow them all away :alice: :alice:
I hate Opera, I hate Oprah
http://www.fountainlife.blogspot.com

Pretty Ballerina
Trash
Trash

Post by Pretty Ballerina » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:22 am

Cropredy was a great concert. I liked the alterations that had beem made to the show from October 2012. The killing of Alice before the 'cover' section made sense as it meant that Alice was reunited with his dead friends. The addition of the nurse was good too, as I felt that there were too few theatrics in the show in Autumn 2012.

All in all the few changes that had been made, certainly made for an even better show. The band had a lot of enegy and so did the crowd.

Cropredy was great and I ended up going back on the Saturday night to see Fairport Convention. It is a great family festival and far from just being folk music, they have a few rock acts each year. The people there loved Alice and thought he put on a fantasic show. From speaking to people who go to Cropredy every year, they said that it was the biggest crowd in years and that was simply due to Alice Cooper being there.

Alice said at the end that the crowd had given him one of the best receptions all summer.

I even managed to get two dollar bills from Alice which he threw in the crowd, which I am delighted about, especially as this is just my second concert that I have seen Alice.

Looking forward to him returning to the UK soon.