A Connection...

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

andyrew
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: A Connection...

Post by andyrew » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:37 am

I'm talking about the more specific coincidences like in Enough's Enough.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:11 pm

>I'm talking about the more specific coincidences like in Enough's Enough.

How far do you want to take them though? "Take It Like A Woman" covers the same subject as "Only Women Bleed" did. Does that mean "Take It Like A Woman" is part of "Welcome To My Nightmare"?

andyrew
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by andyrew » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:37 pm

There was no indication in take it like a woman that a boy was involved though. I'm talking about Steven specifically. In DaDa, there are more links and possible connections than the general ones stated in BP. Besides , BP is written in a more general wordly problem context than DaDa with no relation to Steven.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:30 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:>I'm talking about the more specific coincidences like in Enough's Enough.

How far do you want to take them though? "Take It Like A Woman" covers the same subject as "Only Women Bleed" did. Does that mean "Take It Like A Woman" is part of "Welcome To My Nightmare"?

A dreadful re tread song. The obligatory ballad that didn't need to be on that album.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:56 pm

>There was no indication in take it like a woman that a boy was involved though.

Are you being serious? Are you suggesting that "Take It Like A Woman" is a song about violence towards women by other women or something?

> I'm talking about Steven specifically. In DaDa, there are more links and possible connections than the general ones stated in BP.

I think you're too keen to see those "connections". Why would he have created the characters of Sonny and Former Lee Warmer if he was writing about Steven all along?

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:16 pm

My word, they're just SONGS! It's not as if it's a David Icke lecture.....not everything is connected!

andyrew
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by andyrew » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:42 pm

I don't know why he created the characters, nor does he. We also don't know why the themes are similar.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:13 pm

>I don't know why he created the characters, nor does he.

Well, that's what writers generally do when they create stories.

>We also don't know why the themes are similar.

I think you're getting a little bit confused. It isn't about whether "the themes are similar" or not. It is that just because there are similarities in some songs, does not mean those songs are linked. I am not even saying that neither you nor anyone else can ever link them - it's just that there is no real evidence that Alice has linked them or even tried to.

andyrew
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by andyrew » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:38 pm

Exactly. Throughout this thread I said there seems to be (to me) and that it's a possibility that there could be a link. So I think you may be getting confused. I also don't appreciate you calling me out and saying you think I'm getting confused when I started this thread to explain my perspective about a possible connection. I don't come on here to argue about fact vs. perspective. If there's a date people are wrong about I can understand you clarifying and pointing out the false claim, but coming in like this to make the thread seem ridiculous when it is simply my perspective over possibly connecting a theme is ridiculous. Besides, I'm interested in what other people think, not you debating what I think.

Lucius Morthem
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Lucius Morthem » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:54 pm

andyrew wrote: Besides, I'm interested in what other people think, not you debating what I think.

The best you could do is to ignore people like this. This world is full of them.

PS: I Do think (as you) there might be a connection, but maybe, there's something we would never know....

But, Has Bob Ezrin talked about DaDa in an interview or something ?

As he was involved in the project he might know something, or maybe he has said something interesting about the album

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:21 pm

> Throughout this thread I said there seems to be (to me) and that it's a possibility that there could be a link. So I think you may be getting confused.

Writing "We also don't know why the themes are similar." kind of shows you are getting yourself tied up in knots - just because there are similarities does that the two sets of songs are linked.

> I also don't appreciate you calling me out and saying you think I'm getting confused when I started this thread to explain my perspective about a possible connection.

All I did was explain that just because there are similarities does not mean Alice intended there to any "possible connection".

>I don't come on here to argue about fact vs. perspective.

Well, that's unfortunate for you because just as you are allowed to put forward your "perspective", others are allowed to disagree with it. Besides, you asked people what they thought, so stop complaining just because someone disagreed with with your opinion.
Also, I didn't say anything about 'facts'.

> but coming in like this to make the thread seem ridiculous when it is simply my perspective over possibly connecting a theme is ridiculous.

So why did you ask what people thought, then?

>Besides, I'm interested in what other people think, not you debating what I think.

Are you saying I wasnt allowed to respond to your original post? If you really are that "interested in what other people think", how come you haven't responded to what killer wolf or While Heaven Wept wrote? What about if they wanted to have debate?

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:23 pm

>As he was involved in the project he might know something,

As you know, he produced many Alice Cooper albums. That doesn't mean they are all linked. As While Heaven Wept implied, some of you are just about starting to get a little obsessed and crazy about this. If this continues, I may have to dig up the "DaDa" press release and quote from it to show the lack of any conceptual link with "Welcome To My Nightmare" because if there as one, you'd think they'd mention it in a press release so as to make the link clear.

andyrew
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by andyrew » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:51 pm

> But, Has Bob Ezrin talked about DaDa in an interview or something ?

Not that I know of. I just know there was an interview with Dick Wagner about it and he said:

“Pass The Gun Around” was REALLY representative of Alice’s alcoholism, in other words, pass the bottle around, pass the gun around. If you go through Alice's catalogue and listen to that album, it stands out more and more as the years go by. He really didn’t want to write it at all. He was in Phoenix and enjoying his family and didn’t want to leave and go to Toronto to record it. I ended up having to go down to Phoenix and talk to Alice to sort of break the ice because there was a little bit of discontent between he and Bob Ezrin at that point. He was really dead set against going up to record it and I ended up having to be the middle man. I really wish more people knew about the music and effort that went into that album and made it a point to check it out, it’s really amazing."

http://www.legendaryrockinterviews.com/ ... oper-kiss/

The album deals with a lot of recurring themes and also real life themes that Alice was dealing with at the time.

It would be great if everyone involved with Alice wrote a book called "The Blackout Years" with Alice's permission of course.
But Alice may have written those lyrics alone and may have not told anyone about it so he would be the one to know and he doesn't remember. So it might be a mystery forever..unless someone actually wrote them with Alice.

Lucius Morthem
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Lucius Morthem » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:01 am

If I Remember well, I've read somewhere the whole album was written with Ezrin and Wagner, but Maybe they were not together, we all know how musicians are

andyrew
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by andyrew » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:05 am

>Are you saying I wasnt allowed to respond to your original post? If you really are that "interested in what other people think", how come you haven't responded to what killer wolf or While Heaven Wept wrote? What about if they wanted to have debate?

I'm clearly not on here enough to be responding to every single post. A lot of the time I like to read what people have to say and generally, they are respectful about what they say without thinking their word is be all end all. You respond to every little thing about a post that shouldn't be about you thinking you know everything.

You come in and debate every little thing that I add to the discussion making this whole thread a joke now when it really shouldn't be. I understand your dedication for coming in here and separating fact from fiction, but you don't know what happened on this matter either.

This is a clear indication of why I'm responding to you specifically.

Look at how you responded to Lucius Morthem on the first page:

"You are really clutching at straws now, I think. Maybe the album is about Pee - Wee Herman since Alice has never mentioned him either."

That kind of remark is not necessary. Be respectful of others' thoughts and opinions and maybe others would have more respect for you.

andyrew
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by andyrew » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:15 am

> If I Remember well, I've read somewhere the whole album was written with Ezrin and Wagner, but Maybe they were not together, we all know how musicians are.

Hmmm, if it was then it would be great to hear what they have to say about the writing process and any possible connections that are in the album. It's too bad the album hasn't received more attention by more fans who are general rock enthusiasts, especially during that time. But at least the album was made as opposed to Alice wanting to drop it. Lucky for Wagner convincing him!

Lucius Morthem
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Lucius Morthem » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:51 am

andyrew wrote:> If I Remember well, I've read somewhere the whole album was written with Ezrin and Wagner, but Maybe they were not together, we all know how musicians are.

Hmmm, if it was then it would be great to hear what they have to say about the writing process and any possible connections that are in the album. It's too bad the album hasn't received more attention by more fans who are general rock enthusiasts, especially during that time. But at least the album was made as opposed to Alice wanting to drop it. Lucky for Wagner convincing him!

Sadly tha time of Alice is seriously underrated

And that caused that his whole career got sooooo underrated in other parts of the world, Away from Europe and NorthAmerica.

But I've always think Alice Cooper needs a lil' more of publicity and He might recover a lil' more of mmm how to say it without getting attacked later??

Not fame but mmm recognition in the public/youth/ market?

andyrew
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by andyrew » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:06 am

> Sadly tha time of Alice is seriously underrated

And that caused that his whole career got sooooo underrated in other parts of the world, Away from Europe and NorthAmerica.

But I've always think Alice Cooper needs a lil' more of publicity and He might recover a lil' more of mmm how to say it without getting attacked later??

Not fame but mmm recognition in the public/youth/ market?

I think the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame induction might have helped with that, but it won't completely change the perception in the public/youth market. People recognize him for what he has done and if more people were going to recognize that outside of N.A. and Europe, it would have happened by now. I think he's content with the legions of fans he has now and if others don't recognize him from the way he has changed and adapted to the music landscape throughout the years, then it's their loss.

Lucius Morthem
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Lucius Morthem » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:22 am

Yeah that's true since he got into RARHOF He's more considered" into playlist in Chilean radios at least.

But still underrated.

I Think Alice i more than proud of what he has achieved in life

Who wouldn't be ? xD

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:11 am

I'm not sure if Wagner has an e-mail address but you might want to ask him a few questions there or on his site if he has one. Personally I don't see any of the connections between songs and albums that you are trying make. My other suggestion is that you use the ignore button rather than letting someone irritate you. It works very well.