THE Originals........

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

GNDM

Re: THE Originals........

Post by GNDM » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:50 am

http://www.flickr.com/photos/59749761@N05/9315829335/

Picture was used in Phoenix newspaper in 1966 and titled: "Local Longhairs Made to Clean Up Weeds in Encanto Park".

:evil: :laugh:

Believed to be a pic taken behind the boathouse at Encanto Park.

Parish
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Parish » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:13 pm

Local Longhairs is a great name for a band...

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:18 am

Mr.Bluelegs
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Mr.Bluelegs » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:48 pm

Good article. Someone commented that Mike Bruce is retired from the music scene. Anyone know if that's true? He's too talented to stop!!

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:11 pm

It appears to be. With no reunion gigs on the horizon it was probably to be expected.

smorgasson
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by smorgasson » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:58 am

GNDM wrote:http://www.flickr.com/photos/59749761@N05/9171229080/

Steve Hunter and Michael Bruce in Phoenix 2013

Photo courtesy of Steve Hunter
I love this photo :) I can totally see myself going up to Michael or Steve and saying HI! and them giving me this look like...you're one of those people from STUK aren't you? Just kidding, I know that Steve is EXTREMELY down to earth...awesome guy indeed. I've never met or talked to Michael so I don't know how he is, but I reckon it'd be funny if I did that.

Street Schizo
Killer
Killer

Post by Street Schizo » Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:01 am

These are amazingly awesome. Thank you for sharing.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:32 am

>Mike Bruce is retired from the music scene. Anyone know if that's true?

Only from touring, as I understand that he has a problem with his mobility but I don't have confirmation of that.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:41 am

>With no reunion gigs on the horizon it was probably to be expected.

I don't understand what this means. The lack of "reunion gigs" hasn't stopped Dennis or Neal from writing or recording.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:30 pm

Well Michael has not, unlike Dennis or Neal, to my knowledge, played in a group eg BDS/Blue Coupe/DDP and has released no new studio material in decades. I don't believe he even has a web site. With Alice or Shep or whoever holding the cards on a re-union he probably thinks what is the point.

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:20 pm

pitkin88 wrote:Well Michael has not, unlike Dennis or Neal, to my knowledge, played in a group eg BDS/Blue Coupe/DDP and has released no new studio material in decades. I don't believe he even has a web site. With Alice or Shep or whoever holding the cards on a re-union he probably thinks what is the point.
1. Decades??? Really? He put out an album in 2005.

2. I don't know what Michael 'probably thinks'....and I doubt anyone here does either.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:33 pm

GNDM wrote:
pitkin88 wrote:Well Michael has not, unlike Dennis or Neal, to my knowledge, played in a group eg BDS/Blue Coupe/DDP and has released no new studio material in decades. I don't believe he even has a web site. With Alice or Shep or whoever holding the cards on a re-union he probably thinks what is the point.
1. Decades??? Really? He put out an album in 2005.

2. I don't know what Michael 'probably thinks'....and I doubt anyone here does either.

What studio album was this? Sorry for guessing what Michael might think.

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:59 am

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:14 am

>With Alice or Shep or whoever holding the cards on a re-union he probably thinks what is the point.

Again though, it doesn't necessarily follow that because of that, he can't still make and release music (especially when it is easier than ever to do that). It isn't impossible that's the reason, but it just seems unlikely.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:24 pm

It might be easier than ever but look at his output over the years. His first solo album recorded in 75-75 didn't get a release until 83 and then on some odd Euro label with zero promotion behind it. GDMN's example was an old live show w 2 or 3 studio tracks. This was an Icelandic only release limited to 200 copies!! He has no audience without Alice Cooper. No label, no web site. He has submitted songs to Alice Cooper over the last 30 yrs with non being considered good enough until WTMN2. I would guess the lack of re union shows have played a big part in his decision. The chances of some new studio material appear slimmer than a re union.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:05 pm

>His first solo album recorded in 75-75 didn't get a release until 83

It was actually released in West Germany in 1975 I believe (but, yes, that was a limited circulation).

> and then on some odd Euro label with zero promotion behind it.

It was actually an American company.

> I would guess the lack of re union shows have played a big part in his decision.

Again, it's possible but as I say, Neal and Dennis didn't see it as a deterrent.

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:08 pm

pitkin88 wrote:It might be easier than ever but look at his output over the years. His first solo album recorded in 75-75 didn't get a release until 83 and then on some odd Euro label with zero promotion behind it. GDMN's example was an old live show w 2 or 3 studio tracks. This was an Icelandic only release limited to 200 copies!! He has no audience without Alice Cooper. No label, no web site. He has submitted songs to Alice Cooper over the last 30 yrs with non being considered good enough until WTMN2. I would guess the lack of re union shows have played a big part in his decision. The chances of some new studio material appear slimmer than a re union.
Lack of studio material, MB's illness, NS's real estate business, DD's involvement with Blue Coupe, etc. All have been used, at one time or another, to shift the focus on why there has been no significant live reunion shows or tours. Bottom line is, and always has been, the lack of interest from Alice and his management team. MB's "retirement" is just another among the swerves to shift the responsibility off Alice and Co. shoulders. If Alice WANTED/WANTS a reunion, it will get done. If Alive/Alice don't - end of story. MB, NS, DD and their problems, deficiencies, or levels of desire will matter not.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:41 pm

GNDM wrote:
pitkin88 wrote:It might be easier than ever but look at his output over the years. His first solo album recorded in 75-75 didn't get a release until 83 and then on some odd Euro label with zero promotion behind it. GDMN's example was an old live show w 2 or 3 studio tracks. This was an Icelandic only release limited to 200 copies!! He has no audience without Alice Cooper. No label, no web site. He has submitted songs to Alice Cooper over the last 30 yrs with non being considered good enough until WTMN2. I would guess the lack of re union shows have played a big part in his decision. The chances of some new studio material appear slimmer than a re union.
Lack of studio material, MB's illness, NS's real estate business, DD's involvement with Blue Coupe, etc. All have been used, at one time or another, to shift the focus on why there has been no significant live reunion shows or tours. Bottom line is, and always has been, the lack of interest from Alice and his management team. MB's "retirement" is just another among the swerves to shift the responsibility off Alice and Co. shoulders. If Alice WANTED/WANTS a reunion, it will get done. If Alive/Alice don't - end of story. MB, NS, DD and their problems, deficiencies, or levels of desire will matter not.

I agree 100%. I would add the excuse that the " promoters " had no interest too.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:45 pm

>MB's "retirement" is just another among the swerves to shift the responsibility off Alice and Co. shoulders.

To whom are you referring? Only Mr.Bluelegs and I referred to Michael having possibly retired and neither of us are Alice's representatives.
Last edited by A_MichaelUK on Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:46 pm

>I would add the excuse that the " promoters " had no interest too.

You should tell that to Dennis then since he has also stated that as a possible reason.