Blue Turk - What a Masterpiece!

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Blue Turk - What a Masterpiece!

Post by Gunner » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:03 am

School's Out is a GREAT album in my opinion - I may well have it down as the best ACG (or indeed Alice Cooper)album actually. It's between that and Killer for me. B$B was somewhat contrived I feel.

andyrew
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by andyrew » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:21 am

Yes, it would obviously be from a one off show that he would have to play it. I don't see it happening, but it's good to dream every now and then and picture how awesome it would sound.

School's Out is a creative masterpiece! I much prefer it over Muscle of Love since it has more of a variety of sounds and direction.

sickthing
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by sickthing » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:06 pm

School's Out and Killer are my favourite Alice Cooper albums as well....I can't seem to decide which one I like better....

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:44 pm

>You THINK it would not, you BELIEVE it would not.

Tell Alice - he thinks the same way (or did when we spoke about it). Just think about it. Imagine how it would be received if it was performed in front of a hundred thousand drunken heavy metal fanatics at a festival. Some songs work better in some settings than others.

cherrypie
Spacebrain Vagabond
Spacebrain Vagabond

Post by cherrypie » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:47 pm

Let's hope he does another 100 Club type gig, and that Blue Turk is on the setlist. :love:
I hate Opera, I hate Oprah
http://www.fountainlife.blogspot.com

Babysquid
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Babysquid » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:42 am

I love This especially Glen's playing, I also love his fuzz interludes on Luney Tune (if it's him?). I wish Bob Ezrin had been more patient with him rather than bring in all those session players.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:25 pm

From Babysquid:
"I wish Bob Ezrin had been more patient"

He may not have had that luxury.

TAC
Trash
Trash

Post by TAC » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:08 pm

Love to see the love for Blue Turk. Great tune!

Babysquid
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Babysquid » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:30 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:From Babysquid:
"I wish Bob Ezrin had been more patient"

He may not have had that luxury.
Are you suggesting it was more Warner Bros wanting to squeeze as many lps out of them while the going was good? If so, of course! I really really can't believe I didn't think of that :blush: Send my apologies to Bob! Could you clarify if it was Glen playing the fuzz breaks on Luney Tune?
Back on Blue Turk I think it's my favourite all time Coop song but I agree with A_MichaelUK that it probably wouldn't work in a normal live setting. I mean I'd love it and there would defiantly be a few others who would but I think the more casual fans might see it as a disruption. However if he were to perform it on a TV show (chat show, music showcase, drama?) I think it might hold it's own.
I should also point out that as well as loving Glen on this I think Alice sings it really well.

Babysquid
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Babysquid » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:33 pm

I also find that people I play it to find this more surprising when they find out who it's by than OWB or any of the ballads.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:03 pm

From Babysquid:
"Are you suggesting it was more Warner Bros wanting to squeeze as many lps out of them while the going was good?"

No, I meant that, reportedly, they were always on very tight deadlines and schedules. Dennis once referred to it as "relentless".

>Could you clarify if it was Glen playing the fuzz breaks on Luney Tune?

It certainly sounds like him.

>Back on Blue Turk I think it's my favourite all time Coop song but I agree with A_MichaelUK that it probably wouldn't work in a normal live setting.

It might in the very early hours of the morning in a jazz club (as that was kind if the effect they were going for), but I can't see that happening.

Babysquid
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Babysquid » Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:34 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:From Babysquid:
"Are you suggesting it was more Warner Bros wanting to squeeze as many lps out of them while the going was good?"

No, I meant that, reportedly, they were always on very tight deadlines and schedules. Dennis once referred to it as "relentless".

>Could you clarify if it was Glen playing the fuzz breaks on Luney Tune?

It certainly sounds like him.

>Back on Blue Turk I think it's my favourite all time Coop song but I agree with A_MichaelUK that it probably wouldn't work in a normal live setting.

It might in the very early hours of the morning in a jazz club (as that was kind if the effect they were going for), but I can't see that happening.
Okay I'm with you. I shall rephrase my earlier statement. I wish the stituation was different and Glen had been able to play more because I really like his style! No disrespect to Dick Wagner, Steve Hunter, Reggie Vincent and of course Mick Mashbir but I preferred listening to Glen warts and all.
If it was early hours jazz club they were going for I think they nailed it!

Paulimo
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Paulimo » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:14 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:>You THINK it would not, you BELIEVE it would not.

Tell Alice - he thinks the same way (or did when we spoke about it). Just think about it. Imagine how it would be received if it was performed in front of a hundred thousand drunken heavy metal fanatics at a festival. Some songs work better in some settings than others.
Don't you mean, 'Go ask Alice?' :)