Post songs you want ALICE to play live that he never does

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

smorgasson
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Re: Post songs you want ALICE to play live that he never doe

Post by smorgasson » Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:16 pm

GNDM wrote:OK.....let's shoot for that ONE show where Alice plays mainly his lesser known songs. Now....WHERE will this show be? England? NYC? LA? Germany? Phoenix? or maybe, ''just down the street'' from these fans who are calling for this show? And...does he advertize the show before hand? In a sense, creating a 'Disclaimer' for that particular show?

So guys - not so much WHEN....but WHERE is this show going to be? I think this plan should be set up NOW, so these "diehard fans" from all over the world can make plans to get there. (PS: the lunch room at Cortez High School should be a large enough venue)

BTW....my vote for a venue is "My Backyard". I don't want to travel far.
Phoenix, AZ sounds lovely! It's not too far and it gives me an excuse to go see all my military pals in Tucson

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:14 am

GNDM wrote:OK.....let's shoot for that ONE show where Alice plays mainly his lesser known songs. Now....WHERE will this show be? England? NYC? LA? Germany? Phoenix? or maybe, ''just down the street'' from these fans who are calling for this show? And...does he advertize the show before hand? In a sense, creating a 'Disclaimer' for that particular show?

So guys - not so much WHEN....but WHERE is this show going to be? I think this plan should be set up NOW, so these "diehard fans" from all over the world can make plans to get there. (PS: the lunch room at Cortez High School should be a large enough venue)

So cynical!

There's plenty of examples of this kind of show though, a quick Google brings up the following:

Rod Stewart

http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/live/rod-s ... 52034.html

Green Day

http://blog.moshcam.com/music-news/gree ... te-uk-gig/

Status Quo

http://www.gazetteseries.co.uk/news/10305504.print/

Bob Dylan (good article)

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-enter ... 76256.html

Where these kind of things take place is luck of the draw and fans either decide it's worth travelling to or not as NO-ONE expects them. I don't recall the Club 100 gig failing to sell out because it wasn't in people's "back yard". I also expect it drew some fans from far further afield than usual gigs (unless the short notice made that impossible).

When Alice hosted 'Never Mind The Buzzcocks' on BBC 2, the production team came straight here to find fans to attend the filming, that also drew a good crowd of fans, many who had travelled lengthy distances to get there for what was essentially an intimate / one-off performance.
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:18 am

Where these kind of things take place is luck of the draw and fans either decide it's worth travelling to or not as NO-ONE expects them.

That isn't the point though. The point is, that someone, somewhere, will complain that there wasn't such an event nearer to them so that he or she could travel to it.

>I don't recall the Club 100 gig failing to sell out because it wasn't in people's "back yard".

It has already been explained to you that the point there wasn't to ensure it was a profitable endeavour.

>I also expect it drew some fans from far further afield than usual gigs (unless the short notice made that impossible).

So what is your point? Is it that because some people did travel to it, that is a reason why it should happen more often than it does? As has been explained, that is completely impractical. Again, the fact there have only ever been four of these shows should demonstrate to you that it is less and not more, probable that they will happen.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:30 am

I'm not disagreeing with anything you say Andy. I'm just saying that these things do happen and people are prepared to travel. Anyone who complains about an artist not doing this kind of thing more often / not in their back yard are foolish (or at least naive), I think that's a point we definitely agree on.
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

smorgasson
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by smorgasson » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:57 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:Where these kind of things take place is luck of the draw and fans either decide it's worth travelling to or not as NO-ONE expects them.

That isn't the point though. The point is, that someone, somewhere, will complain that there wasn't such an event nearer to them so that he or she could travel to it.

>I don't recall the Club 100 gig failing to sell out because it wasn't in people's "back yard".

It has already been explained to you that the point there wasn't to ensure it was a profitable endeavour.

>I also expect it drew some fans from far further afield than usual gigs (unless the short notice made that impossible).

So what is your point? Is it that because some people did travel to it, that is a reason why it should happen more often than it does? As has been explained, that is completely impractical. Again, the fact there have only ever been four of these shows should demonstrate to you that it is less and not more, probable that they will happen.
I don't know about you, but I'd certainly travel to see an intimate show like the one wind_up_toy was talking about even if it was severely impractical for me. Just because it'd be a once-in-a-lifetime experience and a really special treat for any die hard fan.

I do agree, however, that having another intimate show with the less heard songs on the setlist is a very very remote possibility. I understand that the money to even put on that type of gig would be impractical for the band. Not to mention rehearsals, since I'm sure they haven't played these songs in a very long time (if ever for some of the band.)

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:45 am

>Just because it'd be a once-in-a-lifetime experience and a really special treat for any die hard fan.

Also though, the smaller the venue, the less people will be able to get in, so some people would probably complain about that too.

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:04 am

wind_up_toy wrote:

So cynical!

As I have said (but nobody seems to acknowledge), this is either Neal, Michael OR some close comrade of both/either.

smorgasson
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by smorgasson » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:06 am

A_MichaelUK wrote:>Just because it'd be a once-in-a-lifetime experience and a really special treat for any die hard fan.

Also though, the smaller the venue, the less people will be able to get in, so some people would probably complain about that too.
There will always be that punk or two that complain...you can't please everybody.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:20 am

>As I have said (but nobody seems to acknowledge), this is either Neal, Michael OR some close comrade of both/either.

We don't NEED to. I think everyone here knows who GNDM is by now and if you don't, you probably haven't been paying attention.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:20 am

>There will always be that punk or two that complain...you can't please everybody.

Exactly but some people don't understand that.

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:05 pm

Gunner wrote:
wind_up_toy wrote:

So cynical!

As I have said (but nobody seems to acknowledge), this is either Neal, Michael OR some close comrade of both/either.
Ya figured it out Gunner. I'll confess. I am Neal Bruce. (or is it Michael Smith?)

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:14 pm

Warts'n'All, Like that never ever happened before.(Mic difficulties!) Cool vid :rock: What troopers!
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:02 pm

GNDM wrote:For Gunner.............

http://youtu.be/DO7CP9ukiUI
It has been said, by many, that Alice's poor mic skills were a reason the band broke up.

:laugh: ;)

danielleV
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by danielleV » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:13 pm

" Fresh Blood "
(amongst dozen of others of course....)
"I know Danielle!", Alice Cooper, Paris 2017

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:43 am

It has been said, by many, that Alice's poor mic skills were a reason the band broke up.
:evil:

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:42 am

I think everyone here knows who GNDM is by now
Do they??

and if you don't, you probably haven't been paying attention.
Well, I don't read every single post if that's what you mean Andy! Is that so surprising?

tuneylune
Dada God
Dada God

Post by tuneylune » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:55 pm

Thanks for that link, GNDM! Will give Coop credit, poor mic skills or mot, he kept his composure! Also saw another link for Alice interview/live "Public Animal #9" clip that was pretty good. Not sure where the performance was--?
"I need everything the world owes me..."

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:40 pm

I don't understand the significance of the clip unless GNDM IS Rockin' Reggie.

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:56 pm

No, Gunner. The video was just a clip I thought you'd like.

Gunner, I am no one special, not a musician....not even 'close' friends with anyone among the 'entity' that is Alice Cooper. Although I do have plans to be co-owner of the ''Alice Cooper Museum and Gentlemen's Club'' in Phoenix, AZ.
:laugh: