Post songs you want ALICE to play live that he never does

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Somwhere In Auckland
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: Post songs you want ALICE to play live that he never doe

Post by Somwhere In Auckland » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:13 pm

I would rather all the "hits" and still a section of 4-5 rare songs. Everyone's Happy. If you can have 4 covers in a set, you can make room for 4 rarer songs.

Second Coming / Ballad Of Dwight Fry (in full)
You Drive Me Nervous
Long Way To Go / Desperado (replacing the over played is it my body or Be My Lover)

Generation Landslide / Raped And Freezin
Road Rats / Lace And Whiskey
Wish you were here (with extended drum solo to replace diamonds)

Nothing's Free
Wind Up Toy
Loves A Loaded Gun / Might As Well Be On Mars

Prince Of Darkness / Gail / Chop Chop Chop / Roses On White Lace

To me a lot of the above songs are realistic I wouldnt even call most obscure, just about all would work with the current set and mix in with the classics.

Others I would love to hear but are more unlikely:

Hard Hearted Alice
My Stars
Jackknife Johnny
Quiet Room
DaDa (as an intro)
Pass the gun around
Scarlet And Sheba
Black JuJu
Pick Up The Bones
Six Hours
Zombie Dance
Along Came A Spider
Sex Death And Money
Somwhere In the jungle
Hurricane Years
Escape
Some Folks
Years Ago

jacknifejohnny
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by jacknifejohnny » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:48 pm

Agree with all the above, nice choices S.I.A

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:29 am

>If you can have 4 covers in a set, you can make room for 4 rarer songs.

You are still missing the point, which is that, unfortunately, most people in the audience will more familiar with the cover songs rather than the rare Alice Cooper material, so it isn't a fair comparison. Also, I'm wondering if some people around here are assuming that the cover songs are now going to permanently be part of any future Alice tours, which I strongly doubt.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:33 am

>To me a lot of the above songs are realistic I wouldnt even call most obscure, just about all would work with the current set and mix in with the classics.

That is another reason why threads like this are pointless. For every person that wants "Generation Landslide" included, there will be someone that wants "Shoe Salesman" included instead. Ultimately, it's all irrelevant.

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:50 pm

I was not aware that Neal and Michael are bitter.
Were you not?? ;)

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:22 pm

Well Alice does listen from time to time...look at the inclusion of He's Back...yes its a song from a mainstream movie, a movie that only a certain audience watches anyway but still, not everybody knows that song and it seems to go over really well.

I don't think its unrealistic to see some of the rarer songs thrown in. The Brutal Planet tour is a perfect example of how to do a show.

7 songs from BP were performed..the hits...and a few rarities (Drive Me Nervous, Caught in a Dream, It's Hot Tonight), a cover (My Generation), and a brand new production
"Freedom to rock, freedom to talk, freeeedom, raise your fist and yell!"

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:39 pm

Well Alice does listen from time to time...look at the inclusion of He's Back...

I agree but in the bigger scheme of things and in terms of making the kind of drastic changes some people want, it's still irrelevant. As has been pointed out, it really doesn't matter what the set - list is because somwhere, there will be someone who will complain.

>yes its a song from a mainstream movie, a movie that only a certain audience watches anyway but still, not everybody knows that song and it seems to go over really well.

I agree.

>I don't think its unrealistic to see some of the rarer songs thrown in.

I don't either but that isn't my point. My point (again), is that some songs are too obscure and some people seem to think it's easy to throw in a lot of more obscure material. Just look back at some of the very impractical suggestions some people here make and that's before you even get onto the fact that some songs will just not work as well in a live setting as others do. When someone here suggests that something like "Shoe Salesman" or something similar is performed, just imagine what would happen if that song was indeed performed in front of a hundred thousand heavy metal fanatics at some German festival.

>The Brutal Planet tour is a perfect example of how to do a show.

I wouldn't go that far but that was a great presentation. Again though, what you and I think is irrelevant because you can be sure there were people complaining about that tour as well.

>7 songs from BP were performed..

Well, think about it. Why do you think that was? This has been discussed many times (and quite recently) on this site. In 2000, artists like Alice (the so - called 'classic' artists who weren't being heard on the radio or being shown on MTV) were still having to promote new material by playing it in concert. As I'm sure, you know, it isn't 2000 anymore and almost everything about the music business has changed, so that tour is not really a good example of how things should be done.

Mike Drew
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Mike Drew » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:42 pm

Just a wee personal thought from one of the old school farts.....wouldn't it be rather cool if Alice did a show for "the fans" and not the casual masses...ie a show full of the classic Alice trax that in reality we almost certainly will never ever hear live...just bring the band,do a show or 2 and play an entire setlist that we have have never ever heard,no need for the theatrics (keep it cheap lol)...then we can die happy :grin: ....don't get me wrong,I appreciate the fact that Coop still tours the greatest hits show, we are very very lucky.....But..we can but wish!!!!.... :)
Last edited by Mike Drew on Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Its Only Rock N' Roll But Its Expensive"

www.michaeldrew.co.uk

Inmate
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Inmate » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:03 pm

A song that I would like to hear that he never plays live? I'm Eighteen. :8):
"I'm just another case…”

smorgasson
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by smorgasson » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:07 pm

Caught in a Dream
Lace and Whiskey
Space Pirates
Identity Crisises
Ubangi Stomp (I know it's a cover but still)
Luney Tune
Last Man on Earth
The Congregation (as stated before, including the RZ monologue)
and many more :)

Somwhere In Auckland
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Somwhere In Auckland » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:25 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:>To me a lot of the above songs are realistic I wouldnt even call most obscure, just about all would work with the current set and mix in with the classics.

That is another reason why threads like this are pointless. For every person that wants "Generation Landslide" included, there will be someone that wants "Shoe Salesman" included instead. Ultimately, it's all irrelevant.
My personal opinion I wouldn't care what 3-4 "rare" songs were added. I would be thrilled looking at a set that looked different with a mixture of songs I haven't seen live before. All the same regular classics can stay for all I care. You would be surprised at what 3 songs can do to a set in terms of it being average or great.

Just adding Who Do You Think We Are on the second leg of the eyes of tour was a great surprise just as clones and hey stoopid was during NMMNG.
Last edited by Somwhere In Auckland on Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Somwhere In Auckland
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Somwhere In Auckland » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:33 pm

patrick wrote:
A_MichaelUK wrote:>I could go on and on and on and on and on....................

It seems some people don't quite understand the concept that some songs literally cannot be performed because they either will not work in a live setting or are simply too obscure.
-------------------
How You Gonna See Me Now might be such an example: can hardly be called an obscure song ( every year in local top 100 one of the highest rankings for AC) , but probably not easy to fit in a live setting.

How you gonna see me now could easily work but that would depend purely on what kind of show Alice is putting together at the time.

If he brought back the ballad section like brutally live with every women has a name / only women bleed could be How you gonna see me now / only women bleed.

or on the Dirty Diamonds tour if he added it instead of I never cry.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:43 pm

>Just a wee personal thought from one of the old school farts.....wouldn't it be rather cool if Alice did a show for "the fans" and not the casual masses

Yes it would, but not for an entire tour.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:47 pm

>My personal opinion I wouldn't care what 3-4 "rare" songs were added.

Again, that's my point. You might not "care" but someone, somewhere, probably will.

> You would be surprised at what 3 songs can do to a set in terms of it being average or great.

Some of the posts in this thread and other threads would suggest otherwise.

>Just adding Who Do You Think We Are on the second leg of the eyes of tour was a great surprise just as clones and hey stoopid was during NMMNG.

Well, that's kind of what happened with this tour (when it started last year) with the addition of "Hello Hurray", "House Of Fire", "Caffeine", The Congregation and "He's Back (The Man Behind The Mask"). That is five songs (if you include the shortened "Hello Hurray") and you are STILL not happy.
Last edited by A_MichaelUK on Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:49 pm

>How you gonna see me now could easily work but that would depend purely on what kind of show Alice is putting together at the time.

The same could be said for your suggestions as well. Again, that's my point. The whole subject is completely irrelevant.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:16 pm

OK, Here it is ... would you rather he join a tour group of let's say, Three Dog Night, America, Lynyrd Skynyrd or other '70's revival bands (who have very little if any resemblance to the original bands) and play just the hits $$$$ or can you accept Alice as he is & Love It To Death ???? :love:
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:39 am

I see a few posters have suggested the idea of doing one show with more obscure or never done live songs. Others have suggested doing the same thing during part of the current tour. Might I throw in this point. For those of you wanting such a thing - how far are you willing or able to travel to see a show like that? Say he did a few shows - consisting of lesser known songs - during his trip to England. How many of the people from the USA will be there? Add the old visa-versa to that.

Sorry - the name of the game is money. He must be making money doing what he is doing now. Why change?

smorgasson
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by smorgasson » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:46 am

I think it'd be nice if he did an "obscure" set for the Pudding since many of us hard-core Cooper fans migrate for that gig.

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:04 am

smorgasson wrote:I think it'd be nice if he did an "obscure" set for the Pudding since many of us hard-core Cooper fans migrate for that gig.
Which would still be a teeny, tiny percentage of the audience at that show.

Though, you never know what might pop up. During an equipment changeover this past year they had some dancers come out while Disco Bloodbath Boogie Fever was played on the PA. And then Alice performed "Run Down the Devil" with Dash's band. That was very cool.
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

smorgasson
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by smorgasson » Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:22 am

NotSoPerfect wrote:
smorgasson wrote:I think it'd be nice if he did an "obscure" set for the Pudding since many of us hard-core Cooper fans migrate for that gig.
Which would still be a teeny, tiny percentage of the audience at that show.

Though, you never know what might pop up. During an equipment changeover this past year they had some dancers come out while Disco Bloodbath Boogie Fever was played on the PA. And then Alice performed "Run Down the Devil" with Dash's band. That was very cool.
That'd be sweet to hear RDTD live!

You think so? I've only been to one pudding (2010) but I figured most of the crowd were either locals who were curious and die hards.