Not this time

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

tim10cc
Killer
Killer

Not this time

Post by tim10cc » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:00 pm

After seeing the current Set list for the Alice Cooper tour...The first in my lifetime, I have declined to go to his show in St. Louis June 25th. I've been to every Alice Cooper concert that has hit Saint Louis since 1986!! Unfortunately the set list for the current tour is nothing but Greatest Hits...I have heard all these songs live before!! With no obscure or other tracks off of Cooper albums I wont be missing much. Then I read in Rolling Stone Magazine Alice Cooper's next album will be an album of remakes.... I really don't want to hear Alice Cooper do other people's songs!!! Its unfortunate his album Welcome 2 my Nightmare released 2 years ago never developed into a full theater tour like Alice had mentioned in interviews. I think the Alice Cooper camp is making terrible decisions lately. Sad to say to after the hall of fame & a great album , I thought Alice was on top of his game and finally got the credit he deserved! Why take 2 steps back and do a remake album?? Hopefully Alice will get back to what he is good at great concept albums & theatrical tours!

This is how I feel right now. 2 summers ago it was an EXCITING time to be a hardcore Cooper fan. The hall of fame, Welcome 2 my nightmare. Then the interviews about a huge theater tour led me to an climax that never happened. Time is ticking...so I think to myself, why an album of other people's songs ? How about laying a few more tracks down with the original band?

I will always hold Alice in very high regards...I will always be a fan...but seriously this is not how I want to remember Alice!
The road to hell is littered with nice guys with good intentions.

jacknifejohnny
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: Not this time

Post by jacknifejohnny » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:20 pm

I feel yer pain Tim, can't say i'm that dissapointed that The Legend is skipping Florida at the moment.Seen every tour from "75", love to see him change it up big time.

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:36 pm

can't disagree. i was totally underwhelmed w/ ACAS ~ it's the only AC album out of the 24 i have that i really don't care for at all. then W2MN came out and i was blown away, it's probably my favourite. i thought for sure it would be the prelude to a stonking theatrical tour. and it wasn't :-( ended up missing last year's tour due to being in the US, and the fact that i wasn't gutted kinda says something. that covers section of the playlist just doesn't do it for me. then i read the playlist for this tour and....well, boy. it's like he's just pandering to the lame "fans" who know Poison and maybe a couple of other singles, and hardcore fans who love virtually every track off a score of albums just have to endure deja-vu. probably won't go this year if he tours, especially if he does as most others seem to be doing and playing his closest gig 150 miles away. If it's the double bill w/ Manson i will probably be tempted though, but in these money-tight days i'm getting really, really hacked off at having to pay £70 in petrol on top of a ticket price.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

ReGorLaTroy
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by ReGorLaTroy » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:30 pm

I completely respect where the OP is coming from and appreciate the point of view.

However, for me, I'm just so excited that Alice continues to tour and perform at such a high level and always with such fine musicians.

We really don't know how many tours are left, so I plan on going to every show I can until Alice calls it a day.

Like most of my fellow Sickthings here, I have my dream set list and songs I'd love to hear live.

That being said, I've never left an Alice Cooper concert disappointed regardless of which songs were played live.

Peace, Love, Alice

-RGLT :alice:
"I'm a gambler, and I'm a runner..."

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:37 pm

I don't think a huge theatrical tour is still realistic for Alice. No recordcompany or sponsors are waiting for Alice Cooper. He has a HUGE respect from the whole music scene. But he has not the sales and the youth behind him anymore. Touring is very expensive and I'm still happy he is still on tour.
The setlists are for me not exciting. For years very little surprises. My friend came just back from a Bruce Springsteen concert and he played out of the blue the WHOLE "born to run" album. That's maybe over the top but for the fans a real treat. I still go with pleasure to his shows but I don't NEED to go to every show anymore. I know we had lots of discussions on this topic but this is just how I feel.

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:33 am

ReGorLaTroy wrote:However, for me, I'm just so excited that Alice continues to tour and perform at such a high level and always with such fine musicians.

We really don't know how many tours are left, so I plan on going to every show I can until Alice calls it a day.

Like most of my fellow Sickthings here, I have my dream set list and songs I'd love to hear live.

That being said, I've never left an Alice Cooper concert disappointed regardless of which songs were played live.
Could not agree more. Well said!
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

tim10cc
Killer
Killer

Post by tim10cc » Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:19 am

Its all in preference...I have many great memories of Alice Cooper shows...If this tour happens to be Alice's last I wouldn't wanna remember him this way...Pyrotechnics , greatest hits & opening for Manson!! (Alice opened the door for artist like Manson...it should be the other way around)

So in risk of tarnishing a memory....I will cherish the ones that were all ready created.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:27 am

tim10cc wrote:pening for Manson!! (Alice opened the door for artist like Manson...it should be the other way around)
Alice is going on last on this tour... Manson goes on before him.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

evil syd
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by evil syd » Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:11 am

I have to agree, and disagree. First of all, I am totally disappointed by the set list. I know Coop wants to show respect to the HOF by covering a few tunes. But, I can't see how any die hard fan of Coop who would want him to cover a few tunes instead of songs that perhaps he's not even played before, or hasn't played in good long while. A side note, what's funny is if I could think of song that I wouldn't want him to perform is "House Of Fire". That is probably one of the worst songs ever! I guess that's about taste, but it's just sort of symbolic to me about the setlist. That being said, a cover album by a rock and roll genious? No, that doesn't excite me either.
Now to the "disagreeing" part, Alice always puts on a great show. How long will it be until he retires. So, I will take what I could get. His voice is still fantastic, he still has the presence. I can't wait to see him next month! :alice:
Last edited by evil syd on Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
DoCtOrS wAnT To ChEcK Me, PoKe Me, AnD DiSsEcT Me......

evil syd
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by evil syd » Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:12 am

sorry about the double post. ::((:
DoCtOrS wAnT To ChEcK Me, PoKe Me, AnD DiSsEcT Me......

danielleV
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by danielleV » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:08 am

Hard words Tim....
And when you are a true fan how can you refuse to see a show???
Exept for closing an eye just at the half of the stage Manson is...
About covers album am like you i wanna hear Alice singing His marvellous songs not others....
About venues , i have done 1000 km by train and back to London uk from my town Marseille (3 times) just to see hear and meet
Alice and one day he came to Marseile miraculously in 2010.....
"I know Danielle!", Alice Cooper, Paris 2017

patrick
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by patrick » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:46 am

having seen Alice several times in the last years with mostly same setlist, I felt some doubt about seeing him this year again. But then i remembered hearing on the bare bones tour Long Way to Go, on the Brutal Planet tour Caught in a Dream (one of my favourite songs) and last but not least Halo of Flies in recent tours, and of course all the wellknown hits, and it always was worthwhile.. The hour and a half always was gone in no time...
Bet it won't be different this time..
Hopefully some other songs will be added...
you really wouldn't understand..

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:51 am

ReGorLaTroy wrote:I completely respect where the OP is coming from and appreciate the point of view.

However, for me, I'm just so excited that Alice continues to tour and perform at such a high level and always with such fine musicians.

Peace, Love, Alice

-RGLT :alice:
This 100%.

I've made my feelings quite clear on the 'Raise The Dead' element of the Raise The Dead tour and the forthcoming covers album, however, Alice is 65 years old and any material / tours are welcomed!
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

revinkevin
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by revinkevin » Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:52 pm

I too will be making no effort to see a concert this year. It's really starting to get redundant. Granted he has a fantastic band and puts on a great rock show, but I have dished out enough money to see the same show the past few years. IMO if he really wanted to please the fans he would be dipping into some of the more obscure stuff. As for this new album of covers, just as confusing as hell on why he would go there. He is a great song writer and is surrounded by huge talent in his band. Write something with Orianthi. That would be interesting. Or anybody else in the band or old band for that matter. Throw in the fact that he is being produced by Erzin again and I really do not get it. Seems to me a lot of creativity is being wasted. I have always pre ordered a Alice release or bought it the first day of release. Not this time. Will wait for some youtube or free downloads and maybe record a couple if I like them. I completely understand that Alice can do whatever he wants. But the same goes for me.

ThePainAddict
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by ThePainAddict » Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:16 pm

While I mostly agree with all of the sentiments in this thread. I think it is possible to look at it another way. Most people seem to be saying that Alice keeps showing us, and playing us, the same thing, multiple times over and that people will not make a great effort to see some of the shows.
Just imagine if Alice was pulling a Stones and only touring every 4 years. I am guessing most of these same people would make every effort to see Alice perform, even if they knew the setlist and stage show by heart.
Do we need a little absense to make the heart grow fonder?
Every tour I get so many opportunities to see Alice it is more about how many shows I want to go to. I do realize not everyone gets multiple opportunities, but where I live I can usually choose at least 5 shows within 3-4 hours.
Also, to be fair, although I would like to hear some obscure tunes, House of Fire (not a fav) has not been a mainstay in the set.

tim10cc
Killer
Killer

Post by tim10cc » Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:35 pm

2 years ago, Alice was on top of his game.

Welcome 2 my nightmare
Hall of fame
Old School Boxset

At first when NMMNG tour launched I was a bit confused why he didn't tour behind a banner of a fantastic album. Steve Hunter put his blood & sweat into it as well. I am sure it was disappointing for Hunter not to do any of those new tunes on stage. I gave in and I went and seen Alice on the 2nd leg of that tour last summer. By the time the show hit St. Louis unfortunately the setlist was altered. I will give Alice some credit, he delivered a good show and there was some gems that weren't played in a while which certainly held my interest.

I am sure many hard core fans dropped a good amount of $$ on the Old School Boxset. The hardcore fans have been starving for a good theatrical show with W2MN which was more of a teaser now because of what we heard the show would be like.

I am truly a dedicated fan like most of you. I buy the albums on release dates. There isn't a week that goes by where I don't put on a Cooper album.

There are moments from Raise your fist...Brutal Planet, to NMMNG tours that will stay.

Alice is not a has been and certainly has proved himself over the years.

During a Toronto interview around 86/87 Alice stated he threw his hardcore fans off during The Special Forces Era. As for right now...I wish Alice Cooper would tune in to his hardcore fans!

Perhaps management/politics had prevented the launch of a W2mn theater tour. We will never know.

I remember Shep defending the Raise the Dead Show last year. Why was that necessary? I still think something went on behind close doors. We will never know.

I cant drive myself to go see a greatest hits tour cramp together to open up for Manson. That is not how I want to remember Alice. Sure I am happy Alice is still out there performing but this show isn't cut out for the hardcore fans.

Alice has the potential to put on a theatrical tour. I believe the response would be a positive one.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:59 pm

Alice is NOT opening for Manson dude.
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:07 pm

tim10cc wrote:Sure I am happy Alice is still out there performing but this show isn't cut out for the hardcore fans.
Some hardcore fans want the dream setlist in their heads, but some hardcore fans just want to see an Alice Cooper show period. Sure doesn't make someone more of a fan compared to others. I really don't care what the tunes are, just gimme the Show, whatever it is.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:13 pm

And if he goes back to the previous Raise the Dead setlist during his solo shows, there will be FOUR songs that I have never seen live. Looking forward to that! :alice:
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

tim10cc
Killer
Killer

Post by tim10cc » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:30 pm

I couldn't agree with you more NotsoPerfect...I would look 4ward to that as well.

I guess St Louis gets the stripped down show...

Sure Alice songs are great! Seeing Alice MANY times: fans get to hear 18, Schools out, Elected, Only women bleed & Poison. Over the years hearing them live, the songs don't deliver the impact like they use to. They lost their intensity, they dont move me much.

On the NMMNG tour the songs I was rocking out to and couldn't sit still were the songs that I haven't heard live or songs that haven't been performed live in a while. Black widow, Brutal Planet, Caffeine, I'll bite your face off!!!!

All in the matter of opinion I suppose. I am happy for the fans out there who can go, and have the attitude it doesn't matter its still ALICE!

Some people are on board, some are not.