Steve Hunter's new album

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

alicebackstage
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Steve Hunter's new album

Post by alicebackstage » Wed May 22, 2013 6:56 pm

Just got a copy for Alice. Coop is recording an interview with Steve for NWAC tomorrow. If you haven't heard it, check it out. Some great stuff here! http://www.stevehunter.com/The_New_Album.html

ReGorLaTroy
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: Steve Hunter's new album

Post by ReGorLaTroy » Wed May 22, 2013 7:02 pm

Steve's new album is simply amazing...his playing sounds particularly inspired.

If you haven't picked this one up, you owe it to yourself to do so.

You can get an autographed copy for $25 on Steve's site.
"I'm a gambler, and I'm a runner..."

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Wed May 22, 2013 7:04 pm

I agree. Here's what I posted on Facebook about it:
I received my copy of Steve Hunter's new CD, The Manhattan Blues Project, yesterday. This disc is awesome! I'm often leery about solo projects from guitarists because guitar-noodling can be annoying, but Steve's playing is so incredibly soulful and restrained that it's a pleasure to listen to it (no guitar acrobatics passing as playing here). The special guests---ranging from Johnny Depp to Joe Perry and Karen Ann Hunter---add to the album while never taking away from Steve's music. I highly recommend you pick up a copy! You can sample the songs at the link below, too.
Hunter

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Fri May 24, 2013 11:58 pm

here's my review

Steve Hunter - The Manhattan Blues Project

review by Steven Crayn

The sound of the New York sidewalk taxi cabs lead us into the serene 'Prelude To The Blues', the first tune on the new Steve Hunter album The Manhattan Blues Project.

Things start to build as we walk down '222 West 23rd' featuring a rap from Cooper trooper Tommy Henriksen, reminiscent of The Sopranos theme, with a slide solo to die for from Michael Lee Firkins.
Steve's muse Karen Hunter providing sweet backing vocals as she does on a number of tracks on this album.

The Big Apple themes take us next to 'Gramercy Park' with Steve's unmistakable tone and touch setting us up for 'A Night At The Waldorf' with Phil Aaberg's piano, juxtaposed with The Deacon in Blues heaven.

A reworking of Peter Gabriel's 'Solsbury Hill' reunites Steve Hunter and Tony Levin, who both played on the original version by the ex Genesis frontman, on his solo debut masterwork in 1977. This version is also something to observe, a master class in technique, but with the subtlety musicians and fans have always loved in Steve's playing.

'Daydream By The Hudson' composed and programmed by an inspiration to us all Jason Becker, sets us up nicely for a visit to the building where John Lennon was murdered, in a moving tribute to not just John, but another Beatle George, in 'Flames At The Dakota'.

'The Brooklyn Shuffle' has 3 guitar solos Steve takes the first, Johnny Depp (yes the actor!) the second and Aerosmith gunslinger Joe Perry the third, you can tell the guys are having fun on this one.

A heartfelt interpretation of Marvin Gaye's 'What's Going On' sees Steve at his guitar lyrical best, talking to us through his countermelody on Marvin's message.

'Ground Zero' fills you with sadness, but hope springs eternal with 'Twilight In Harlem' which rocks in the free world in 7/8 time, as Joe Satriani and Marty Friedman tear it up in a guitar battle.

'Sunset In Central Park' featuring the evocative Cello's of Luka Sulic and Stjepan Hauser, ends this beautiful album from one of my guitar heroes.

It was a pleasure to not just listen to but to help fund through Kickstarter.
Thanks Steve & Karen Hunter for seeing this album through during Steve's recent health problems.
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

evil syd
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by evil syd » Sat May 25, 2013 1:57 am

I needs to do some store signings. :8):
DoCtOrS wAnT To ChEcK Me, PoKe Me, AnD DiSsEcT Me......

old school vet
Killer
Killer

Post by old school vet » Mon May 27, 2013 6:40 pm

Glorious - well done to all who lent their skills in the making of this glorious cd...

smorgasson
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by smorgasson » Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:22 pm

Been listening to it a lot...just jam packed full of talent and as Hunter said, I am also cautious about solo guitar acts but Steve did a great job putting this one together...just a masterpiece :)