"Steven"

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

danielleV
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

"Steven"

Post by danielleV » Sun May 19, 2013 1:22 am

I cant describe the dramatic power of this mythic song, the piano playing, the perfect singing of Alice, the addiction immedate effect, as i played it in buckle while painting today,
but
does someone know from where come the name "Steven"?
"I know Danielle!", Alice Cooper, Paris 2017

Inmate
Dada God
Dada God

Re: "Steven"

Post by Inmate » Sun May 19, 2013 4:09 am

Alice just thought that "Steven" was the perfect little boy name. :8):
"I'm just another case…”

evil syd
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by evil syd » Sun May 19, 2013 5:32 am

There's rumors that it was the name of his twin brother who died at birth.
DoCtOrS wAnT To ChEcK Me, PoKe Me, AnD DiSsEcT Me......

evil syd
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by evil syd » Sun May 19, 2013 5:33 am

........again, it's a rumor. Great Song!

Inmate
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Inmate » Sun May 19, 2013 6:55 pm

evil syd wrote:There's rumors that it was the name of his twin brother who died at birth.
Never heard about that. :p
"I'm just another case…”

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sun May 19, 2013 10:10 pm

evil syd wrote:There's rumors that it was the name of his twin brother who died at birth.
I have a vague recollection that might have come from a wikipedia page about it ("steven") that was mostly just made up information.

evil syd
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by evil syd » Mon May 20, 2013 1:38 am

Inmate wrote:
Never heard about that. :p
Well bro, it's a lie. Just some rumors floating around. I didn't help it by mentioning it. :smack:
Si wrote:
I have a vague recollection that might have come from a wikipedia page about it ("steven") that was mostly just made up information.
Si, thanks, I had a feeling. *spider*

Diane D.
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Diane D. » Mon May 20, 2013 4:26 pm

Si wrote:
On Wiki, they say that ''Steven'' was a fictional character created by Alice Cooper.
[

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Mon May 20, 2013 4:50 pm

The original page I was refering to (and it was from memory only so it may not have been that page that had it) is no longer on that site, which is good as it was filled with made up information presented as fact.

Diane D.
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Diane D. » Mon May 20, 2013 5:43 pm

Si wrote:The original page I was refering to (and it was from memory only so it may not have been that page that had it) is no longer on that site, which is good as it was filled with made up information presented as fact.
What kind of made up information you are talking about? Give me an example.
[

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Mon May 20, 2013 6:11 pm

Diane D. wrote:
Si wrote:The original page I was refering to (and it was from memory only so it may not have been that page that had it) is no longer on that site, which is good as it was filled with made up information presented as fact.
I can`t remember specfics, but whoever made the page made up a whole back story about the Steven character linking in all sorts of songs and ideas that, if related to Steven at all, allowed them to interupt lines of lyrics to back up their ideas.
Wikipedia is supposed to only state facts and the page had little other then the authors own speculations.

Diane D.
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Diane D. » Mon May 20, 2013 6:57 pm

Si wrote:
Diane D. wrote:
I can`t remember specfics, but whoever made the page made up a whole back story about the Steven character linking in all sorts of songs and ideas that, if related to Steven at all, allowed them to interupt lines of lyrics to back up their ideas.
Wikipedia is supposed to only state facts and the page had little other then the authors own speculations.

And what are those facts regarding ''Steven''? There's only one fact that make sense. ''Steven was a fictional character invented by Alice Cooper. So, Wikipedia did it right this time.
[

frontrowjunkie
Killer
Killer

Post by frontrowjunkie » Mon May 20, 2013 7:25 pm

Wikipedia cannot do it "right" or "wrong" because it's a wiki. So all the info available is contributed by its users.

Nowadays. it's moderated, which means changes only go online once they have been approved. However. that wasn't the case until a few years ago. Before that, all info went live as soon as it got posted, resulting in a lot of incorrect and misguiding information.

The info Si is referring to most probably got removed as it was proven to be incorrect.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Mon May 20, 2013 7:28 pm

Diane D. wrote: What kind of made up information you are talking about? Give me an example.
Wikipedia is supposed to only state facts and the page had little other then the authors own speculations.[/quote]

And what are those facts regarding ''Steven''? There's only one fact that make sense. ''Steven was a fictional character invented by Alice Cooper. So, Wikipedia did it right this time.
[/quote]

Exactly.
You have to remember that ANYONE used top be able to edit wikipedia. They didn`t actually have to know what they are talking about. I think that may have changed now.

Diane D.
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Diane D. » Mon May 20, 2013 8:31 pm

I'm not just talking about Wiki. The twin brother is a rumor, I read that the character Steven, was in fact, inspired by a guy named Steven Hollander, which was a guy that Alice's former girlfriend, Cindy Lang was dating before Alice. Apparently, he tried to kill both of them. I don't think it's true, and I don't believe the twin brother story. I believe that ''Steven'' is just a fictional character invented by Alice. Don't you? What is your opinion?
[

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Mon May 20, 2013 8:43 pm

The Steven Hollender stuff is from 'Me, Alice'. Whether those events, if true, are what put the name 'Steven' in Alice's head is something you'd have to ask Alice but it's a good question.

Some text from Me, Alice:
Cindy, by the way, had been dating a guy named Steven Hollander for the past two years and was having her share of problems with him. Steven had been in and out of psychiatric hospitals since he was fourteen years old. The last hospitalization had been for drug abuse, which translated into real language means he ate two dozen psylocybin mushrooms for a snack one day and flipped out. Cindy introduced me to him and, although he wasn't aware I was seeing her, he was hostile and tense, the kind of person you know is potentially dangerous.
When he found out I was dating Cindy I began to get threatening phone calls. All his messages were on the order of, "If you see Cindy one more time it's death!" Instead of getting hardened to them I got more frightened all the time. As summer went on stories about Steven kept filtering back to me that developed a little ball of fear in my beer belly, a ball that grew to the size of a football by the end of the summer. Steven had burned down a building with two people in it and they were looking for him everywhere. Steven's dog had puppies and Steven had mutilated them. Steven took too much LSD and was in the state mental hospital again where he knifed an aide.
One night I said to Cindy, "I can't believe you went out with this guy. What a weirdo!" and she laughed for an hour. I guess Alice Cooper didn't seem like a much better bargain on the surface.
Just as Cindy and I were leaving for Toronto she called him from my hotel and told him she was in love with me and was going off with me to Toronto and never wanted to see him again. It was all very dramatic and final and we were asking for trouble. Steven went beserk. He said he'd kill me and Cindy and both our families and we'd never make it out of Detroit alive.
--------
When we got back to the hotel we found we had bought only half a gun and got plastered drunk telling Cindy the story. We even fell asleep with the door unlocked. The next morning we woke to find Steven himself, his pockets filled with hundreds of Seconal, sleeping on the floor beside us, a loaded gun in his hand.
That day while the rest of the group flew to Buffalo for a gig at the State University Cindy and I drove Steven back to Detroit in his car. He was unconscious for the rest of the day, and we stuck another Seconal in his mouth every time he opened it. We only left him alone once, to eat dinner at a diner just outside of Detroit. When we got back to the car he was asleep on the hood, stark raving naked. We left him lying there, like a hood ornament, and hitched the rest of the way to Detroit. It was the last time either of us saw him.

Diane D.
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Diane D. » Mon May 20, 2013 8:48 pm

This is what I read. But everybody knows that ''Me, Alice'' is full of lies, Alice said it himself.

Anyway, I was asking you, Si, personally, what is your opinion about the origins of ''Steven''?
[

Diane D.
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Diane D. » Mon May 20, 2013 9:31 pm

No personal opinion, Si? I know... it's easier to copy and paste from a book, than telling your own opinion. O.K..... never mind.
[

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Mon May 20, 2013 9:35 pm

Diane D. wrote:No personal opinion, Si? I know... it's easier to copy and paste from a book, than telling your own opinion. O.K..... never mind.
Geez, you gave him less than an hour from your last post to this. And it's fairly late in the evening in the UK. Perhaps he's winding down for the day/in bed already.

He doesn't have to give an opinion if he doesn't want to. If he does, he needs some time. And either way, being antagonistic seems unnecessary.
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

Diane D.
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Diane D. » Mon May 20, 2013 9:41 pm

NotSoPerfect wrote:
Diane D. wrote:No personal opinion, Si? I know... it's easier to copy and paste from a book, than telling your own opinion. O.K..... never mind.
Geez, you gave him less than an hour from your last post to this. And it's fairly late in the evening in the UK. Perhaps he's winding down for the day/in bed already.

He doesn't have to give an opinion if he doesn't want to. If he does, he needs some time. And either way, being antagonistic seems unnecessary.
I was not talking to you.
[