Japanese CD (mini LP ) NEW

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Seriously
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Japanese CD (mini LP ) NEW

Post by Seriously » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:24 pm

Looking on e-bay for some Alice stuff I came across many of these albums, are these the genuine article or not?

When the original (Japanese) albums came out they were quite prohibitive in cost from my wife’s point of view and I can understand that, £40 to £50 could have bought new curtains or a dish-washer (I thought I already had dish-washer, there you go). If they are the genuine article, great this is now in field of persuasion (wifey).

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Japanese CD (mini LP ) NEW

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:09 pm

>Looking on e-bay for some Alice stuff I came across many of these albums, are these the genuine article or not?

Your post doesn't contain a lot of information. Do you mean the items that were discussed at http://www.alicecooperpics.co.uk/Sickth ... ilit=japan perhaps?

homerx
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by homerx » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:58 pm

As they say If it looks to good to be true.
If they are far cheaper then normal. Likely fakes. could have any transfer on them

Seriously
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Seriously » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:50 am

A_MichaelUK wrote:>Looking on e-bay for some Alice stuff I came across many of these albums, are these the genuine article or not?

Your post doesn't contain a lot of information. Do you mean the items that were discussed at http://www.alicecooperpics.co.uk/Sickth ... ilit=japan perhaps?

Yes, I suppose I could have placed the link to ebay, but there are so many there I thought it would be pretty simple to find the items in question.

I was taking bet with myself Andy that you would be the first to respond, not that I’m knocking it.

If these are the genuine article I would be pretty peeved to find out that I bought these at the initial exorbitant price.

Seriously
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Seriously » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:14 am

homerx wrote:As they say If it looks to good to be true.
If they are far cheaper then normal. Likely fakes. could have any transfer on them

I agree, particularly as some are from Latvia so I’ll give them a miss, but there are others that say they are the genuine article and are near to half price when this format was released.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alice-Cooper- ... 337fa4e97b

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:04 pm

>Yes, I suppose I could have placed the link to ebay, but there are so many there I thought it would be pretty simple to find the items in question.

Not necessarily. It depends on which words you use to search.

>I agree, particularly as some are from Latvia so I’ll give them a miss,

You just proved my point. There is nothing about that country in the title of this thread which you created.

>http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alice-Cooper- ... 337fa4e97b

That is a legitimate item and is discussed in the link I provided.

Seriously
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Seriously » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:26 pm

>Yes, I suppose I could have placed the link to ebay, but there are so many there I thought it would be pretty simple to find the items in question.

Not necessarily. It depends on which words you use to search.

• I did all my referencing for my dissertation in Uni, I didn’t think I had to do it here as well.

>I agree, particularly as some are from Latvia so I’ll give them a miss,

You just proved my point. There is nothing about that country in the title of this thread which you created.

• Didn’t realise I had a point to prove I was just making people aware and throwing it out for discussion that’s all.

>http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alice-Cooper- ... 337fa4e97b

That is a legitimate item and is discussed in the link I provided.

• Now wasn’t that nice and easy to do.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:53 pm

> I did all my referencing for my dissertation in Uni, I didn’t think I had to do it here as well.

It does help otherwise some people might not know what you're referring to.

>Didn’t realise I had a point to prove

Who said you did? I said you proved MY point.

>I was just making people aware and throwing it out for discussion that’s all.

WHAT though? Is it discs from Japan or Latvia that you are asking about?

>Now wasn’t that nice and easy to do.

It would have been equally "easy" if you had been clearer in your original post.

Seriously
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Seriously » Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:03 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:> I did all my referencing for my dissertation in Uni, I didn’t think I had to do it here as well.

It does help otherwise some people might not know what you're referring to.

>Didn’t realise I had a point to prove

Who said you did? I said you proved MY point.

>I was just making people aware and throwing it out for discussion that’s all.

WHAT though? Is it discs from Japan or Latvia that you are asking about?

>Now wasn’t that nice and easy to do.

It would have been equally "easy" if you had been clearer in your original post.
I think you're being a bit silly don't you!

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:50 pm

>I think you're being a bit silly don't you!

Read the link I sent you and you'll probably find out all you need to know, assuming you know what that is.

Seriously
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Seriously » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:19 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:>I think you're being a bit silly don't you!

Read the link I sent you and you'll probably find out all you need to know, assuming you know what that is.
Andy you’re absolute ray of sunshine in this otherwise gloomy winter.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:22 pm

To be honest, your original post was somewhat confusing. To title the thread as you did and then simply say “I come across many of these, are these the genuine article or not?" when there are over 50 such items on Ebay isn't really all that helpful.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

Seriously
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Seriously » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:10 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:To be honest, your original post was somewhat confusing. To title the thread as you did and then simply say “I come across many of these, are these the genuine article or not?" when there are over 50 such items on Ebay isn't really all that helpful.
Don't agree, this is not difficult; as I put in the script "Looking on e-bay for some Alice stuff I came across many of these albums, are these the genuine article or not?"

Can't see the problem, simple question, got my answer and one from the wife as well.

But perhaps I should have posted the ebay link for those who are getting confused as old age creeps on, we'll all be there one day I guess.

Queue F Troop

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:20 pm

>Don't agree, this is not difficult; as I put in the script "Looking on e-bay for some Alice stuff I came across many of these albums, are these the genuine article or not?"

BUT WE DON'T KNOW WHICH ITEMS YOU WERE REFERRING TO.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:52 pm

Seriously wrote: Don't agree, this is not difficult; as I put in the script "Looking on e-bay for some Alice stuff I came across many of these albums, are these the genuine article or not?"

Can't see the problem, simple question, got my answer and one from the wife as well.

But perhaps I should have posted the ebay link for those who are getting confused as old age creeps on, we'll all be there one day I guess.

Queue F Troop
You must think we're mind readers since it's impossible to know exactly which items you're referring to when there are upwards of 70 items and most certainly not all of them are counterfeits.

But, I must say it is always nice to insult the people you're asking for help from.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

Seriously
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Seriously » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:50 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:
Seriously wrote: Don't agree, this is not difficult; as I put in the script "Looking on e-bay for some Alice stuff I came across many of these albums, are these the genuine article or not?"

Queue F Troop
You must think we're mind readers since it's impossible to know exactly which items you're referring to when there are upwards of 70 items and most certainly not all of them are counterfeits.

But, I must say it is always nice to insult the people you're asking for help from.
It wasn’t meant that way, I do apologise if I offended I was trying to be funny.

Diane D.
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Diane D. » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:50 pm

Seriously wrote:
RemarkablyInsincere wrote:

Queue F Troop

It wasn’t meant that way, I do apologise if I offended I was trying to be funny.
Seriously...stand up to your name.
[

Seriously
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Seriously » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:51 pm

It wasn’t meant that way, I do apologise if I offended I was trying to be funny.[/quote]

Seriously...stand up to your name.[/quote]

Nice one, i like that.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:56 am

To come back to the original question : there are a lot of counterfeits around on eBay.
there are fakes of - pretties / easy / love it / killer WITH calender / school's out NO pantys / BDB / welcome / from the inside WELL DONE / trash / Hey stoopid / welcome 2 .
All of of the above are mini lp fakes and they are coming from Russia. The latest ones have even the SHM-sticker replicated.
Prices are all about $ 10-20. The original aways have a price tag of $ 30 and more.
So it's quite easy to know if it's a bootleg or not. I don't know if this answer is complete but I hope it helps.

Seriously
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Seriously » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:38 pm

mestreech wrote:To come back to the original question : there are a lot of counterfeits around on eBay.
there are fakes of - pretties / easy / love it / killer WITH calender / school's out NO pantys / BDB / welcome / from the inside WELL DONE / trash / Hey stoopid / welcome 2 .
All of of the above are mini lp fakes and they are coming from Russia. The latest ones have even the SHM-sticker replicated.
Prices are all about $ 10-20. The original aways have a price tag of $ 30 and more.
So it's quite easy to know if it's a bootleg or not. I don't know if this answer is complete but I hope it helps.
Spot on, thanks anyway.