Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: Alice or Ozzy

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:46 pm

ianmac wrote:
HORRORHOLIC wrote:
Holly Grail wrote:Doubtless my 2 favourite artists.Doubtless a tour with both of them would be my ultimate dream.Why not so far :( ?
I think it's crazy they haven't toured together. The both started around the same time about 45 years ago, both have the whole "shock rock" reputation and seem to be friendly with each other. It would only make sense they would do at least one tour.
I don't think this will ever happen. Ozzy's owner (the REAL princess of darkness) wouldn't like to see her little pet being outdone by anybody else.
It might not happen but not for that reason. Ozzy more than anyone usually lets his opening acts use full production even when their stage shows are much bigger than his (Rob Zombie for example)
"THEY'RE NEVER GONNA FIND YOUR FACE"

- ALICE COOPER

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:46 pm

ianmac wrote:
HORRORHOLIC wrote:
Holly Grail wrote:Doubtless my 2 favourite artists.Doubtless a tour with both of them would be my ultimate dream.Why not so far :( ?
I think it's crazy they haven't toured together. The both started around the same time about 45 years ago, both have the whole "shock rock" reputation and seem to be friendly with each other. It would only make sense they would do at least one tour.
I don't think this will ever happen. Ozzy's owner (the REAL princess of darkness) wouldn't like to see her little pet being outdone by anybody else.
It might not happen but not for that reason. Ozzy more than anyone usually lets his opening acts use full production even when their stage shows are much bigger than his (Rob Zombie for example)

- ALICE COOPER

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:50 pm

While Heaven Wept wrote:
kevinuk81 wrote:Is Sharon behind the reason why Bill Ward is not back with Black Sabbath?
One would imagine so.
Sharon had nothing to do with it actually.They tried working with Bill in the studio but but it wasn't working out. Bill couldn't really keep up so the band offered him a more part time contract and as an original member Bill thought he deserved more. Keep in mind Bill is in his mid 60's, hasn't toured or recorded on a regular basis in over 30 years, has suffered a heart attack and isn't in the best psychical shape.

- ALICE COOPER

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:03 pm

SickThings wrote:
steven_crayn wrote:Ozzy had vocal melodies and contrary to what you may have been led to believe about his lyrical input on his first 2 solo albums through Wikipedia there was a court case over song royalties brought by Daisley and Drummer Lee Kerslake which they lost.
Just because they lost the court case doesn't mean it wasn't true. People unfairly lose court cases all the time for all kinds of reasons.

This interview from Bob's site discusses all of this, including the apparent eyewitness account from Steve Marchat:

http://www.bobdaisley.com/interview/website

And yes, Sharon was behind all of it, from everything I've read.

Hunter
But by the same token people lose court cases all the time because justice is done.

You also can't believe all you read.

I seem to remember you had pretty scathing comments about Michael Bruce's book.

One mans story may differ from someone elses but the truth usually lies (excuse the pun) somewhere in between.

I'm not buying all this Sharon Osbourne is the devil nonsense she's no angel but get some perspective please.
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:10 pm

Got to disagree with you on this one i'm afraid Steven. Sharon is bad to the core.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:59 pm

While Heaven Wept wrote:Got to disagree with you on this one i'm afraid Steven. Sharon is bad to the core.
I just don't see it as black and white as that, sure she's made mistakes who hasn't? but if she was 'bad to the bone' she wouldn't bother with her visit wounded soldiers or bother with her charity work such as this.

http://www.sharonosbourne.com/support.html

I can hear the cynics screaming tax write off!
Last edited by steven_crayn on Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:00 pm

steven_crayn wrote:
While Heaven Wept wrote:Got to disagree with you on this one i'm afraid Steven. Sharon is bad to the core.
I just don't see it as black and white as that sure she's made mistakes but if she was 'bad to the bone' she wouldn't bother with her visit wounded soldiers or bother with her charity work such as this.

I'm pretty sure Jimmy Savile did hundreds of charitable things too though!

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:04 pm

While Heaven Wept wrote:
steven_crayn wrote:
I just don't see it as black and white as that sure she's made mistakes but if she was 'bad to the bone' she wouldn't bother with her visit wounded soldiers or bother with her charity work such as this.

I'm pretty sure Jimmy Savile did hundreds of charitable things too though!
Saville used his charity work as a cover are you saying she's doing the same thing?

she really must have pissed you off!

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:13 pm

Using the charity isn't valid argument isn't a strong one.

It's as if any charitable deed should be viewed with suspicion.

I'm glad Alice hasn't decided to quit his Solid Rock Foundation just because Christianity isn't seen by some as dangerous or 'cool' enough for a rock star.

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:22 pm

steven_crayn wrote:
Saville used his charity work as a cover are you saying she's doing the same thing?

I'm surprised you don't share my views on Sharon being someone as involved in the industry as you are?

The entire Arden family are crooked.

Seriously
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Seriously » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:56 pm

steven_crayn wrote:
she really must have pissed you off![/quote]

Careful using language like that, you may offend some poor creature, I was reprimanded for less, threatened to be hung, drawn and quarters with bodily parts sent to the four corners of the kingdom as a warning to others....

Anyway, back on thread, yes she is the devil and wouldn’t go a miss as being the baddie in Alice’s Cooper Show, standing on the shoulder of the Cyclopes barking her derisory orders. But her husband seems a nice feller.

evil syd
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by evil syd » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:23 am

Two different stratospheres, both are brilliant.
DoCtOrS wAnT To ChEcK Me, PoKe Me, AnD DiSsEcT Me......

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:45 am

I was a huge Sabbath fan as a teenager and was very very excited when Ozzy announced he was playing the Glasgow Apollo, part of the 'blizzard of Oz' tour as I recall. I recently saw an interview where he said that was one of his best gig's ever. Well i was there that night and he was rank rotton. It was the first gig I had ever been disappointed in. It was not too long after the special forces gig and the two weren't on the same planet. Also I dogged off school to go and meet Ozzy at a record signing and the man had no interest, didn't want to be there and was just pig ignorant to be honest. Now it might have just been an off day or a bad period in his life but it put me off him ever since. I have met Alice a few times and he has always been funny, charming and accomodating. So no contest for me, musically, personally or in live performances.

danielleV
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by danielleV » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:42 pm

Alice or Ozzy?
:
Alice And alice.
"I know Danielle!", Alice Cooper, Paris 2017

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:26 am

While Heaven Wept wrote:
steven_crayn wrote:

I'm surprised you don't share my views on Sharon being someone as involved in the industry as you are?

The entire Arden family are crooked.
it would have been her that would have got Ozzy's office to send out letters to thousands of guitar players (of which i was one) that sent in demos but didn't get the gig, when he advertised in Kerrang! for one.

That shows a bit of class for me as some wouldn't bother.

Having read Ozzy's I Am Ozzy biog I also recently listened to Frank Skinner's audio book translation which is not only brilliant but convinces me even more what a brilliant business woman she is and saved his career and his life for which all Ozzy fans should be grateful.

Your view isnt shared by all in the music industry, It's far too easy to brand her a devil, her father was a crook and she knows that and I'm not saying she hasn't broken a few rules, but this is the rock business not religion (which is even more corrupt!).