Blue Coupe, Hertford last night (spoilers)

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Blue Coupe, Hertford last night (spoilers)

Post by steven_crayn » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:40 am

still the coolest Bass player on the planet Dennis Dunaway sensational playing along with the Bouchard brothers and New York backing singers sisters Tish & Snooky (who I had a good chat with on the train and cab home, these lovely ladies worked with Blondie & Phil Spector among others).

A mixture of old and new songs some classic Cooper & Blue Oyster Cult.
No More Mister Nice Guy, Is It My Body, Under My Wheels, 18, Desperado and School's Out were the classic Cooper tunes played and Dennis also threw in Street Fight at one point.

The B.O.C stuff sounded great too and there was also some Roadhouse Blues & Born To Be Wild.

Loved It To Death
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

Paul
Killer
Killer

Re: Blue Coupe, Hertford last night (spoilers)

Post by Paul » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:41 am

Hope they also did their cover of The Byrds Dolphin's Smile and their own We (like Vampires) - great song.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:23 pm

You (Like Vampires) yes
Dolphin's Smile no

full set which had an interval from Dennis set list

Red + Black
You (like vampires)
No More Mr. Nice Guy
Burnin' For You
Angel's Well
Is It My Body
Astronomy
Cities on Flame
Roadhouse Blues

Under My Wheels
Hot Rails
Desperado
More Cowbell
Godzilla
School's Out
Reaper
Born To Be Wild

legendary ex Kerrang! journalist Xavier Russell (now Classic Rock) was there to review told me some great stories about being flown out to review gigs in the states etc... nice guy.

Dennis, Joe & Albert met everyone that stayed after gig great to meet Dennis & Joe again and also meet Albert for first time.

The backing singers Tish & Snooky were only there for last night and Skegness due to other commitments in the alternative hair color & cosmetics business check them out http://www.manicpanic.com

put some cool photos of Dennis up on Sickthings & Dunaways Rock Facebook pages
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

cherrypie
Spacebrain Vagabond
Spacebrain Vagabond

Post by cherrypie » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:41 pm

Sounds bloody fantastic Steven, so sorry I am not making to Hull tonight, but looking forward to next weeks gigs in Bilston and Oxford :clap: :clap:
I hate Opera, I hate Oprah
http://www.fountainlife.blogspot.com

tuneylune
Dada God
Dada God

Post by tuneylune » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:08 pm

Does indeed sound great, thanks for your thoughts and info-glad you had a good time. Three great musicians and certainly many great songs! Did Dennis sing on many songs or was it mostly the Bouchard brothers?
"I need everything the world owes me..."

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:59 pm

Dennis sang back ups, Joe does most of the lead vocals, Albert mainly back ups.

I hear Hessle set list slightly different no Desperado but Kick Out The Jams.
Gallus Cooper singer I believe sang 18 with them.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:54 am

Gallus Cooper doing 18 with Blue Coupe take a bow that man

http://youtu.be/WXHzyjhvDE8

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:50 am

he also did 'School's Out' with them at Mickleton http://youtu.be/xuUPgl0gqmo

cherrypie
Spacebrain Vagabond
Spacebrain Vagabond

Post by cherrypie » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:31 pm

Awesome! Hope he turns up tomorrow night at Bilston LOL! :clap:

TodayMueller
Killer
Killer

Post by TodayMueller » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:53 pm

Would love to see Blue Coupe.
Just of curiosity, what is the attendance like, do they sell out, close to or not at all ?
Find it a bit sad that they resort to an Alice imporsonator, even just for an encore.
I do respect Gallus Cooper and other AC cover bands, but I don't think they should be mixed with the real (well semi)thing.
Bit like if Alice used a DD impersonator for a bassist :grin:
Have no gods before me, I'm the light !

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:05 pm

Yes the Hull setlist was shorter, sadly as it's the only show I could go to. I still had tons of fun. I've posted a review in that other thread but here's the link again: http://musicaldragonlady.blogspot.com/2 ... in-uk.html

I though it was pretty cool of them to invite "Gallus", it was rather exciting I thought.

I had a bit of a "moment" when we wandered in the hall two hours before doors opening and everyone was just sitting about, seeing Dennis "without a warning" I went into fan girl mode (started to cry), very glad I didn't get to meet him at that moment, I would have made a fool of myself. When I did get to talk to him after the show it was really down to Earth and very funny. What a wonderful moment.

Rob went to get ask if I could have the poster from the wall, and I had it signed by the whole band, cool souvenir.

cherrypie
Spacebrain Vagabond
Spacebrain Vagabond

Post by cherrypie » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:06 am

Great show last night at Bilston! Can't remember all the tracks but there was about 7 Alice songs, Reaper, We Like Vampires, Burnin For You and More Cowbell amongst others. Joe Bouchard kept coming into the audience to play, and Dennis can still do those high kicks! (Well, ish ) Chatted with them before and after the show, looking forward to seeing them again tonight. And they are apparently doing a free show at Clitheroe on Friday, with some guests. :clap:

Good to see all you Sick Things there too!

Gotta checkout where the hell Clitheroe is now :rock:

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:44 pm

Glad to hear you had fun! I missed you much in Hull. But at least we met in London. And that night would really have been bad for driving everything was still icy when we headed off.

Robbie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Robbie » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:56 pm

I read Cherrypie's post with interest and was curious about tomorrow night's free show that was mentioned so I went to the Blue Coupe site and am more puzzled.If I understand it right it says they are in Oxfordshire tonight, then Clitheroe (misspelt) tomorrow for a pub meet and greet and jam night with just the name of the street but not the name of the pub, then Jersey on Saturday night and back to Clitheroe for Sunday night. Cltheroe is quite a journey from Oxfordshire so it seems strange to come up to North Lancashire to play in a pub on a Friday night to go back to Jersey. Clitheroe is not particularly near any airport so find it a bit strange. As James Bond was fond of saying "Shorely some mistake!!" ?

cherrypie
Spacebrain Vagabond
Spacebrain Vagabond

Post by cherrypie » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:45 pm

Nope, that's what is happening. I believe tonights Clitheroe gig is in place of the Corby cancelled one, so they are flying to Jersey and back again.......... I wish Clitheroe wasn't quite so far away from me.... :(

BTW, Banbury last night was bloody brilliant! Like a different show, lots of setlist changes, Albert did a drum solo that started at the back of the room, playing on the railings, the wall, any handy equipment, the floor, and eventually the stage..........AND they did Black Juju.........words fail me, it was SO good....and Dennis has signed my jacket :love: :love:

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:37 pm

Woha! I am so envious! I was really sad that they didn't do "Black JuJu" it's one of my favourite songs.
I have framed the signed poster and it's now on the wall next to my signed Montreux program. Looks pretty cool.

cherrypie
Spacebrain Vagabond
Spacebrain Vagabond

Post by cherrypie » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:07 am

I managed to get a small poster at Banbury, and have got that signed too, Sunila! it's going somewhere on my wall - when I can find a space :)

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:03 pm

Good to read all this-I had to work away from York until wed night...so couldnt see them in my hometown-major disppointment-haven't read any reviews re appearance at Duchess, York gig on 28th Jan...its a tiny stage so was wondering how they'd get on/how many would turn up etc..anybody on here go?
You are an individual, just like everybody else.