Dick Wagner story on Yahoo front page today

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Dick Wagner story on Yahoo front page today

Post by Dannorama » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:14 pm

Here's a link to ABC News' morning show in USA. First time I looked, the video link was wrong. Now there's no video link. Maybe they'll fix it...

http://gma.yahoo.com/rock-star-curable- ... ealth.html
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

Maaki
Killer
Killer

Re: Dick Wagner story on Yahoo front page today

Post by Maaki » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:13 pm

Thanks for the link. :)

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:03 pm

VERY misleading third paragraph. The use of the word 'band' makes it appear as if Wagner helped write 18 and Schools Out. Since 99.9% of the readers of an article like this have little background on Alice Cooper....I would bet most of them walk away thinking Wagner was responsible for the two songs most recognized (top-sellers) with the term 'Alice Cooper'.

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:25 am

I'm just glad that dick is doing much better. that's what is most important here overall. I suspect that most of the folks that had enough interest in this story to read it probably knew dick wasn't full time with alice until he was a solo artist in the mid '70's.

Seriously
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Seriously » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:53 pm

That's really great news and gives hope for us all.

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:32 pm

"I'm just glad that dick is doing much better. that's what is most important here overall."

True. I too am glad the former front man for Frost is healthy.

"I suspect that most of the folks that had enough interest in this story to read it probably knew dick wasn't full time with alice until he was a solo artist in the mid '70's."

Disagree. This story got picked up and was an article all over the net early this week. I am sure, with the coverage it received, that MANY came away with a false impression of what Mr. Wagner accomplished with "the band". I suspect that the knowledge of MOST of the readers of that article are NOT aware of the details of Dick Wagner's involvement with Mr. Cooper.

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:49 pm

GNDM wrote: Disagree. This story got picked up and was an article all over the net early this week. I am sure, with the coverage it received, that MANY came away with a false impression of what Mr. Wagner accomplished with "the band". I suspect that the knowledge of MOST of the readers of that article are NOT aware of the details of Dick Wagner's involvement with Mr. Cooper.
I agree that the article was misleading. However, I doubt many people bothered to read it who didn't already know who Dick Wagner is. Of those who read it, I doubt that what they came away with it was any knowledge of Dick Wagner's involvement with Alice Cooper, false impression or not. You either know Dick's background, or that's a forgettable part of the story, which is how he overcame his health problems.

Hunter

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:43 pm

Yes, I am sure the original band members like to read that their work is given credit to others.

Little story......

I grew up in Detroit, even though I don't recall seeing the original Alice Cooper band, I do recall seeing a lot of their contemporaries that played in the Detroit area - many of whom played on the same bills as the Coopers. I recall Dick Wagner as a member of Frost. After the ACG broke up....my familiarity with Alice Cooper (solo) was practically zilch. I am sure that there are/were many like me who recall Dick Wagner, from his Detroit days, but recall little (if any) of his association with AC. I did not know the extent of his contributions to solo Alice, until after I married Janice. I had a reason to learn about Dick Wagner (post Frost)....but I imagine many others, like me, never followed his career that closely.

My point is simple....poor research rears its ugly head again. I feel the same "disappointment" some of you felt over the inaccuracies in the recent book about Alice, after I read an article like this. Yes....the subject matter was Mr. Wagner's health....but I find the addition of non-researched and misleading facts added to this article, just as disappointing!

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:32 am

GNDM wrote: My point is simple....poor research rears its ugly head again. I feel the same "disappointment" some of you felt over the inaccuracies in the recent book about Alice, after I read an article like this. Yes....the subject matter was Mr. Wagner's health....but I find the addition of non-researched and misleading facts added to this article, just as disappointing!
I agree completely! But it's typical of today's "journalism", and it's getting worse every day. I never take any "news" article as 100% truth anymore. At best, you're lucky if half of it is accurate.

I just thought you were overstating the damage done by the inaccuracies, but you're right, there may well be people like you who read the article who used to know Dick's work, but didn't know anything about his work with Alice.

Hunter

tuneylune
Dada God
Dada God

Post by tuneylune » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:07 am

Was dissapointed myself in the lax research, but good to hear Dick is feeling better. Good health is the most important thing and sadly, we tend to take it for granted until illness/injury strikes.
"I need everything the world owes me..."