My God

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Seriously
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: My God

Post by Seriously » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:08 pm

How about re-recording the best of "Goes to Hell" & "Lace and Whiskey", give it a combination name of the two titles like "Whiskey Hell" or similar, you know what I mean.
What tracks would you pick?
:8):

Desperado22
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Desperado22 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:17 pm

Gunner wrote:
The production sucks
Hmmm, yeah, think I know what you mean. I have always thought it sounds too 'ambient'(although that works with My God ironically enough) as I do with 'Goes to Hell' - not sure what Bob was thinking of with those albums but the warmer/dryer sound on say, FTI (David Foster) works better. I think this spoils those two albums to a degree - particularly L&W as the title track, Road Rats etc would sound much better otherwise. Cooper sounds like he's in a bathroom throughout these records!!!!

Also, whilst on a bit of a grumble, what was his management thinking allowing an obviously 'out of focus' Alice to put out such 'easy listening' stuff (with titles like 'I never wrote those songs') at a time KISS were taking over the world using the space left by Alice who at the time was singing about regretting his songs, talking about writing crooney things for Sinatra, doing 'disco' and rock and roll!!!????? Was that really good marketing at the time?????
Good points.
All Of My Life Was A Laugh And A Joke
And A Drink And A Smoke
And Then I Passed Out On The Floor

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:59 pm

It's a truly great song the best on the album, with a great production.

Obsessed? I used to carry a folded envelope with a letter on my person with instructions to have it played at my funeral, really need to get that sorted with a solicitor!

Really love half of the stuff on that album, King Of The Silver Screen is a highlight (Wagner's solo is something else) but also not crazy on half of the songs.
Not as good as it's predecessor or what followed it, which was truly great but some on here can't stand From The Inside, which I've never understood as everything about it from songs, to musicianship, to production to packaging is spot on, still that's their loss.
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:08 pm

>From The Inside, which I've never understood as everything about it from songs, to musicianship, to production to packaging is spot on, still that's their loss.

Also, as I think I've pointed out before, Alice thinks that, in some ways, it's the best album he's ever recorded.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:32 pm

that's right I know in 82 in an interview with Richard Skinner he even went as far as to say Serious was his favourite song of all time
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV