Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Old School Box Set - Interviews disc

Post by Gunner » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:53 am

Happy New Year y'all!!

Got this box set doo-dah! Anybody know when these interviews were conducted please? The last one sounds quite recent as Cooper sounds very much as he does these days.

You know what? I'm not so sure Alice doesn't embellish/twist stories as he doesn't recall!!!?? I mean, what's all that bit about recording the B$B show at Wembley, England??? That show didn't even hit the UK!!

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Old School Box Set - Interviews disc

Post by A_MichaelUK » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:04 am

> Anybody know when these interviews were conducted please?

They took place in December 2010 as I think was mentioned when this was first released.

>You know what? I'm not so sure Alice doesn't embellish/twist stories as he doesn't recall!!!?? I mean, what's all that bit about recording the B$B show at Wembley, England??? That show didn't even hit the UK!!

Exactly.

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:41 am

They took place in December 2010 as I think was mentioned when this was first released.
Thanks Andy - what about the earlier ones on the disc?

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:41 am

Gunner wrote:I mean, what's all that bit about recording the B$B show at Wembley, England??? That show didn't even hit the UK!!
I'm pretty sure he was thinking of the Nightmare show when he said that. After all he's drank since then.
Me = Winning

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:09 pm

>what about the earlier ones on the disc?

Sorry - I forgot there was one from 1970 or 1971 as well.

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:54 pm

>Sorry - I forgot there was one from 1970 or 1971 as well.

Thanks Andy, I thought it was around that era.

>I'm pretty sure he was thinking of the Nightmare show when he said that. After all he's drank since then.

Oh I am too WickedYoungMan.

Hank
Trash
Trash

Post by Hank » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:32 am

Gunner wrote:I'm not so sure Alice doesn't embellish/twist stories as he doesn't recall!!!?? I
I that that what happens is that Alice will occasionally bend the truth for effect, which is occasionally disconcerting. When I first heard the "Live At The Whiskey A Go-Go" album, I was struck at how enthusiastic the crowd seemed--Alice's standard interview schtick centers around how much the band was hated by audiences during these early years.

darkmenace
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by darkmenace » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:22 am

Got the Old School set for Xmas and I enjoyed the first two cds quite a bit. I love seeing how creative process develops and some of the songs change in interesting ways either musically or lyrically or both.

I like the early interviews a lot. It's great to hear the artist as a young man, more daring, more free flowing and interesting. The interview totally exposes the current fiction that Alice tells that the chicken incident was a one time deal and that he supposedly didn't know chickens couldn't fly.

On the other hand I'm not enjoying the later interview as much although I'm not all the way through yet. I'd wanted to hear more from the band members and I'm disappointed that Alice interrupts them time and again when they are making observations. I've heard Alice's versions already so I would have liked to hear his band mates get equal time, especially Dennis. Look forward to Dennis' book to hear more from him.

darkmenace
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by darkmenace » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:42 am

To not come off as critical as Alice I want to add that he is clearly the more accomplished storyteller and entertainer compared with his old band mates and so it probably comes natural to him to be the focus of attention.

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:26 am

I'm disappointed that Alice interrupts them time and again when they are making observations. I've heard Alice's versions already so I would have liked to hear his band mates get equal time, especially Dennis. Look forward to Dennis' book to hear more from him.
I concur (good posts darkmenace). Actually, Dennis has a really dry sense of humour and makes me laugh EVERY time he speaks...EVERY time!!
To not come off as critical as Alice I want to add that he is clearly the more accomplished storyteller
Only because he's so used to it I think....and he is clearly very bright too.

I would love them to give Dennis the microphone/the floor for a good while.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:22 pm

>especially Dennis.

If you get the chance to see the DVD of the interviews, you'll see he gets plenty of coverage in the second interview (although Alice isn't present).

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:36 am

>If you get the chance to see the DVD of the interviews, you'll see he gets plenty of coverage in the second interview (although Alice isn't present).

Is that in the VERY expensive edition of this package??

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:45 am

>Is that in the VERY expensive edition of this package??

Yes.

darkmenace
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by darkmenace » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:28 pm

That's good to know at least. I'm further along with the interviews and it also happens with Bob Ezrin which is too bad because Bob has very interesting points of view.