What is to be a FAN? (reference to Madonna last "problems"

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Diane D.
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: What is to be a FAN? (reference to Madonna last "problem

Post by Diane D. » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:36 pm

I'm going to make a point. What is a fan? Where do you draw the line between being a fan and being obsessed with a celebrity?
I know where to draw the line.
[

WillDouglas77
Trash
Trash

Post by WillDouglas77 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:00 pm

Jumping Jack wrote:Being a fan and a wise consumer are not mutually exclusive.

If you have seen a band over 100 times over 40 years and have thousands of bootleg CDs and DVDs in addition to all Official releases you may be a fan by most people's standards. After the Stones canceled their Atlantic City show so Mick could save his voice for the Beacon "Shine a Light" movie and stuck me with several thousand in travel costs I simply refuse to travel to see them any more. Thankfully Coop played the HOB the next night so the trip was not a total loss. When VIP tickets are in the $1800-$2500 range and back of the house are $800 it is easy to just say no. This makes me no less a fan.

Same thing with artists that preach their politics including Madonna. I just say no. No one is entitled to my business, they must continue earn it each year.

For the record, no one works harder to earn my repeat business than Mr. Cooper.
Well said !!!

Lucius Morthem
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Lucius Morthem » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:44 pm

I Can speak of this as A Chilean and also I Have friends that went to that polemic Show. and You cannot compare situations

What would happen if Alice get to stage 3 hours late... Ok we will understand him he would have a problem ( Last time he hitted CHile he didn't even got to stage but it's ok)

What if he cuts down the setlist after he got late from almost 3 hours to nearly 1 hour....We'll say maybe he's feeling sick

But What IF...Alice came to stage to soundcheck and Said " I Don't want to be here cause it's raining, I Won't do it, You're bunch of assholes, The guy who is standing In the last row is smoking I Don't like you, You must loveme, you're not worthy of me, and lots and lots and lots and lots of other things about CHilean people....

That Would be A Totally different story!

So...If Alice would do that to you...What would you feel..?

Diane D.
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Diane D. » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:07 pm

Mmmm, that would be more Axl Rose that would act like that than Alice, never seen such a behavior from Alice, at every concerts I went.
[

Lucius Morthem
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Lucius Morthem » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:09 pm

Exactly, that is why we will never act like Madonna fans acted!

Cause Alice would never do that and so we'll never punish him for being late or even for not doing a SHow (that was my problem u.u)

Diane D.
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Diane D. » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:20 pm

There are so much technical problems that can happen before a show, people just don't realize.
[