Oh...My...GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

tuneylune
Dada God
Dada God

Oh...My...GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by tuneylune » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:39 am

Unlike most of you, did not see DARK SHADOWS in the theaters and was apprehensive after reading the info/reviews, but was pleased Alice was in there and curious to see how Burton would do . What a travesty! Great sets, but forced humor, needless vulgarity and "hip" dialogue just dragged it down. I can hardly ever recall being so let down by a film. The old series, to be fair, was campy/corny, but had its own quirky charm and I still love it. It was nice seeing some of the original cast (arriving at the party) and was pleased although it was another cameo, Alice was great as always and at least it was longer than usual (unlike my suffering through NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET PART 6 to see Alice for less than a minute).
I suppose all this bitching leads to the wish that Alice could get a role in a film more than just performing or a cameo. He does have a great sense of humor, is comfortable in front of the camera and it would be nice for him to snag at least a supporting role for most of the film. I guess to the general public, Alice is still considered "That weird guy". I think and I'm sure there would be some agreement that if Sting, Mick Jagger, David Bowie and Gene Simmons (the last two have been pretty good in what I've seen) could do it, why not Mr. Cooper?
"I need everything the world owes me..."

James1981
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: Oh...My...GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by James1981 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:21 pm

Have you seen 'suck' he's in that for a bit longer than usual.
Boomshanka

Desperado22
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Desperado22 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:49 pm

I quite liked Dark Shadows.
And SUCK is a brilliant film. Alice and Iggy are really great in that.
All Of My Life Was A Laugh And A Joke
And A Drink And A Smoke
And Then I Passed Out On The Floor

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:30 pm

I loved Dark Shadows :rock:

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:09 pm

Enjoyed the film greatly as did the audience at the cinema I went to...Quite a lot of AC in it ..No More MNG gr8...great exposure..Alice's stage character is I believe so strong that it would be difficult for him to play film roles (also his real name is the same as his stage-so are the audience expecting Alice the stage character-confusing)..Also have not seen any real acting potential outside of AC character...not that I need or want to see Alice nee Vince be a successful character actor...(I haven't seen anything convincing acting wise from Gene either come to think of it)
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:30 pm

I absolutely loved it!!
"THEY'RE NEVER GONNA FIND YOUR FACE"

- ALICE COOPER

Lisacooper91
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Lisacooper91 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:53 pm

I actually liked the movie... Yes, some of the humor seemed kinda forced, but it worked well, IMO.
The sanest days are mad.

Diane D.
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Diane D. » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:20 am

Prince of Darkness is my favorite movie of Alice.
[

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:22 am

no shoutouts for Monster Dog? :-D
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

DaveJay
Killer
Killer

Post by DaveJay » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:35 pm

...I haven't seen "Dark shadows" at all yet, But I have been promised a DVD of it for my birthday ( in 3 days...)...All I can hope for so far is:- a Movie starring Johnny Depp, one of my favourite actors,with a guest appearance by my Favourite singer/Artist...If anyones interested, I'll post my thoughts on it here when I've actually saw it....unless I drop dead first... :alice:
Billion Dollar Boobles!!!

TheBlackWidow
Trash
Trash

Post by TheBlackWidow » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:42 pm

HORRORHOLIC wrote:I absolutely loved it!!
So did I, the same goes for "Suck"!
Take a look at my Alice Cooper photo gallery at http://theblackwidow.minus.com!

tuneylune
Dada God
Dada God

Post by tuneylune » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:05 am

Well,for those of you who enjoyed it. I'm glad. Life is crazy enough and anything that can bring cheer is always welcome. I just found it too forced and some parts silly/overdone, but Alice was great in there, so it wasn't a total loss. Also, Johnny Depp had Jonathan Frid's mannerisms down and a good performance by him. Just too bad about the script and with all the money at his disposal, this could have been better. Burton can be really good (THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS, EDWARD SCISSORSHANDS and especially ED WOOD), but feel he sometimes chooses style over substance (the awful BATMAN, PLANET OF THE APES and this). Maybe also that I LOVED DARK SHADOWS when it was on-most people my age always mention how "...I used to run home from school to watch it" and it is what got me interested in the supernatural/horror side of things. Some of the episodes back when absolutely scared me out of my wits and have the entire Barnabas segment on DVD. Some of the material still holds up, particularly the 1795 flashback section where I felt I was six again. I can truly thank DS for getting me interested in horror films and Alice too, even if it was the music that grabbed me first.
James and Desperado, thanks for mentioning SUCK-had forgotten about that. Wife and I reupped Netflix, so will have to put it in my queue.
Diane D, PRINCE OF DARKNESS is pretty good and Killer Wolf, I'll give a shout out for MONSTER DOG as well.
Maybe for Alice playing in a "straight" film, he could be listed as "Maurice Escargot" :laugh: and it could be listed to the general public that he still records/tours regularly, his charities and giving back and unlike MANY of today's "Stars", no scandal of any sort. However, Recoop, like you said, most people would only see the image.
Thanks you guys, for listening to my grouchy rants, Take care and enjoy the rest of the week. :)

"I need everything the world owes me..."