Frank Sinatra Did Not Cover "You And Me" By Alice Cooper

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

sickthing
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Re: Frank Sinatra Did Not Cover "You And Me" By Alice Cooper

Post by sickthing » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:51 pm

we all know how alice likes to embellish stories....just like the story of how he met Shep Gordon changed over the years from a relative of the band members introducing themn to Jimi Hendrix introducing them.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:29 pm

just like the story of how he met Shep Gordon changed over the years from a relative of the band members introducing themn to Jimi Hendrix introducing them.

How do you know both incidents didn't happen?

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:40 pm

The truth is, it was all at the Hollywood Bowl. Frank Sinatra was on stage covering Alice Cooper, Lennon was on one side, Morrison on the other and Alice was in the middle. All of a sudden Jimmi Hendrix showed up, went over to Alice and introduced him to Shep. Moments later the relative of the band member showed up not knowing Alice had already met Shep and introduced them again. During this time the snake escaped, slithered all the way to Charlie Prides house, made it's way into the house and into the toilet.
"THEY'RE NEVER GONNA FIND YOUR FACE"

- ALICE COOPER

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:44 pm

Horrorholic..your story is entertaining but the only thing that was missing was the chicken and whether it was the front few rows that killed the chicken plus you didn't even mention Elvis
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:50 pm

lol

- ALICE COOPER

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:30 pm

I have not read this thread carefully, but as far as Frank Sinatra appearing at the Hollywood Bowl, there is a website about the bowl that states Frank Sinatra never performed their after the 1940's. I would assume he may have attended some functions there over the years, but they list his last performance in 1948.

http://www.laphil.com/philpedia/frank-sinatra

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:42 pm

>During this time the snake escaped, slithered all the way to Charlie Prides house, made it's way into the house and into the toilet.

So if that story isn't true, you have to explain to me why Alice (when they were both in London a few weeks ago) asked that particular gentleman if the story was true or not. Why would he do that if he had made it up? You also forgot the one about how David Bowie went to see Alice Cooper in 1971 but no - one believed Alice what with his reputation for embellishing stories and everything and then IT TURNED OUT TO BE TRUE!

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:36 am

But the real question is, was David Bowie in the front row next to Elton John :grin: Seriously, I have no idea if that happened, just having a little fun.

- ALICE COOPER

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:17 am

I have an old friend who was what one may casually call, a pathological liar. Most of his fibs were relatively harmless but what I found as years went by, I just never cared about what he talked about - I lost the abilitity to empathize or even generate an interest in the things he talked about. That was the cost of losing credibility. Even when some things turned out to be true, the fact thaat he lied so much, my opinion didn't change. Alice is the same with me. I don't care to hear his version of history. Not that he fabricates everything, but he is remarkably insincere, that I simply don't care what he says.

Words matter - and when someone treats words as if they don't matter, I treat them as they don't matter.

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:08 am

I have an old friend who was what one may casually call, a pathological liar. Most of his fibs were relatively harmless but what I found as years went by, I just never cared about what he talked about
I would not put Alice into the "pathological liar" category. That is cutting to close to a mental illness. How about labeling him more like your old Uncle Harry (or Bill, or Lloyd, or Ralph) who tells you stories that stretch the boundaries of belief. When you were a kid, you gobbled them up and listened with eyes bulging and with rapt attention. Now that you are older (and wiser?) you see the stories for what they are....harmless bits of nothing that made you smile - and made old Uncle Harry happy.

And besides, like old Uncle Harry giving you a shiny new dime after each story, old Uncle Alice always had/has a song for you.

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:38 am

Agreed, I'm not a mental health expert, I think I interchanged pathalogical with compulsive. The latter is more accurate but I like your description too.

ElectedPlus
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by ElectedPlus » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:16 am

I'd reckon that these tall stories / embellishments etc. have kept him a very interesting person to interview, his stories of meeting Elvis, Frank Sinatra and of course the Chicken incident are similar to a well honed stand-up routine.

Maybe because of this, he's invited to do so many interviews through all types of media, which I'd imagine, has helped keep him in business all these years. The old saying of 'don't let the truth get in the way of a good story' is doing him very well. And of course, we know he loves a good story both on and off stage.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:48 am

>I'd reckon that these tall stories / embellishments etc. have kept him a very interesting person to interview, his stories of meeting Elvis, Frank Sinatra and of course the Chicken incident are similar to a well honed stand-up routine.

Exactly. I really don't understand why people have such a problem with all this. Of course everyone wants to know the truth but there are times when the truth is incredibly boring and Alice does it to keep himself interested as much as anything else. At the expense of sounding pretentious, there are too many people around here who don't seem understand that and as a result they don't understand that this is one of the things that makes Alice different from other performers (what an astonishing concept). It is nothing to do with what Toronto Bob describes and everything to do with what GNDM describes.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:49 am

>I think I interchanged pathalogical with compulsive.

That would still be wrong though. You still don't get it - it is about being entertaining and creative.

old school vet
Killer
Killer

Post by old school vet » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:16 am

Alice mentions the Frank Sinatra incident "AGAIN" in the interview posted on the news page with regards to this years pudding show...He still talks about it, and guess what? so do you - got yer hook,line and sinker I'd say - And that's what he wants-still to be talked about...Clever

I'm gonna lay it on thick so the memory will stick....

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:24 am

> and guess what? so do you - got yer hook,line and sinker I'd say - And that's what he wants-still to be talked about...Clever

Exactly. There is a great song on "Flush The Fashion" about this as well.

Robbie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Robbie » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:39 pm

"Pathological liar" / compulsive liar? I don't believe that to be true about Alice at all. At the risk of stating the obvious many of the interviews where Alice recounts these half truths and embellished stories are being broadcast to mainstream audiences, many of whom have not heard the stories and wouldn't be interested in the kind of information people on this site may love to hear about.Also a number of the interviews are given on light entertainment shows and are not probing personal interviews.I suspect the producers are looking for the guest to make the audience laugh along-something Alice is clearly adept at from the interviews I have seen. To paraphrase Frank Carson "it's the way he tells 'em"!!

Seriously
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Seriously » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:01 pm

I use to tell my children that I was in the Zulu wars and was at Rokes Drift, now I tell my grandson I was in the SAS in WWII. ;) Great fun that stretches their imagination.

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:57 pm

So which is the truth Seriously- its either one or other- Zulu wars or SAS in WW2..won't be able to sleep tonight if I don't get the answer
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

Diane D.
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Diane D. » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:59 am

[