Frank Sinatra Did Not Cover "You And Me" By Alice Cooper

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

jacknifejohnny
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: Frank Sinatra Did Not Cover "You And Me" By Alice Cooper

Post by jacknifejohnny » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:17 am

Oh please send me back to the days of when LITD was released, followed by Killer and i listened to the albums time after time and wasn't bothered about any of this shite. Having said that, i have met Alice a few times, seems a genuine nice bloke, but must say i am tiring of his b.s. .....Just my opinion.

Diane D.
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Diane D. » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:35 am

GNDM wrote:
Diane D. wrote:Hey... how about getting a VIP with him or bumping into him and ask him personally, face to face? Don't you think that this is the right thing to do if you have any questions about him and his career instead of believing every bozos on this site? Does it make sense?
Why should he tell YOU or anyone else the exact truth about anything? He owes you nothing but his music. Why should he "spill his guts" to some person he has just met? Please understand....he does not owe you the truth, nor does he owe you a lie. He owes you nothing. (Just like I owe you nothing, and you owe me nothing.)
I know, I never said the word owe.
[

ThePainAddict
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by ThePainAddict » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:05 am

Re: John Denver
The way I recall Alice telling the story at the time. Alice replied to the comments with "I'll stick around long enough to pee on his flowers." Denver sent him a bunch of roses. Alice sent back a copy of his lastest lp (WtMN?) and a urine sample.
Although, even at the time (I was around 15), I was pretty sure this was just a good funny story, not a 100% accurate story.

darkmenace
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by darkmenace » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:32 am

When we were young we thought the John Denver story was great. Alice was very popular at the time and was seen as cool while John Denver while also popular was seen as wimpy. Plus, Denver brought it on himself by slamming Alice and Bowie. Funny reply by Alice but also showed some balls.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:18 am

Diane D wrote: I don't see him as a prophet, saint, sage or healer... not at all. I see him as a great artist, who is the product of the industry. Tour where he is told to go, sing what he's told to sing, etc... even told when to lie, like if he didn't have a mind of his own. But, that's the way it works, I guess, in the industry, so, yes, let him entertain, and let that small percentage of the world wondering and care.
Do you really think at this time in his life and secure financial position, that anybody really tells Alice Cooper what to do?

He doesn't have to record or tour again, his legacy is secured in Rock n Roll history but he does it because he want's to, yet still some people are not satisfied.

Once he's gone maybe then people will realise how lucky we were to get so many great shows so late into his career. So the records since the 1970's haven't been as good, but so what - whose have?

Some of the sanctimonious crap on this thread from those demanding the truth need to get real. Creative people sometimes exaggerate the truth a little for a good yarn, Shakespeare did it all the time!
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

old school vet
Killer
Killer

Post by old school vet » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:53 pm

Some of the sanctimonious crap on this thread from those demanding the truth need to get real. Creative people sometimes exaggerate the truth a little for a good yarn,

Well said, Steven_Crayn

Shakespeare did it all the time!
But how old are you to remember this?...Lol

Diane D.
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Diane D. » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:15 pm

steven_crayn wrote:
Diane D wrote: I don't see him as a prophet, saint, sage or healer... not at all. I see him as a great artist, who is the product of the industry. Tour where he is told to go, sing what he's told to sing, etc... even told when to lie, like if he didn't have a mind of his own. But, that's the way it works, I guess, in the industry, so, yes, let him entertain, and let that small percentage of the world wondering and care.
Do you really think at this time in his life and secure financial position, that anybody really tells Alice Cooper what to do?

Of course not, Steven.

He doesn't have to record or tour again, his legacy is secured in Rock n Roll history but he does it because he want's to, yet still some people are not satisfied.

Totally agree with you, Steven.

Once he's gone maybe then people will realise how lucky we were to get so many great shows so late into his career. So the records since the 1970's haven't been as good, but so what - whose have?

We are very lucky to still have great shows from artists like Alice, Ozzy, Kiss, etc...

Some of the sanctimonious crap on this thread from those demanding the truth need to get real. Creative people sometimes exaggerate the truth a little for a good yarn, Shakespeare did it all the time!
I don't expect the truth from a Rock Star.
Last edited by Diane D. on Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:24 pm

old school vet wrote:Some of the sanctimonious crap on this thread from those demanding the truth need to get real. Creative people sometimes exaggerate the truth a little for a good yarn,

Well said, Steven_Crayn

Old William was a great playwright but not a great historian, but he used history as a vehicle for entertainment, Macbeth for example was killed by Malcolm Canmore in history, whereas in Shakespeare's play it's a character called Macduff.
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

Diane D.
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Diane D. » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:23 pm

steven_crayn wrote:
old school vet wrote:Some of the sanctimonious crap on this thread from those demanding the truth need to get real. Creative people sometimes exaggerate the truth a little for a good yarn,

Well said, Steven_Crayn

Old William was a great playwright but not a great historian, but he used history as a vehicle for entertainment, Macbeth for example was killed by Malcolm Canmore in history, whereas in Shakespeare's play it's a character called Macduff.
What about MacDonald?
[