Frank Sinatra Did Not Cover "You And Me" By Alice Cooper

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: SickThings, Devon, Si, Gorehound, Shoesalesman

Post Reply
HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher
Posts: 692
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:55 pm
Location: Hamilton Ontario

Frank Sinatra Did Not Cover "You And Me" By Alice Cooper

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:50 am

It's been talked about for years, on this site, by Alice himself (I think the actual Alice quote in the box set was that Frank said "You keep writin' 'em, kid, and I'll keep singin' 'em" Well it turns out it never actually happened. After all these years I've been curious and finally looked into it a little more. I found this

http://sinatrafamily.com/forum/frank-si ... per-42296/

The song Frank performed was indeed called "You and Me" actually You And Me (We Wanted It All) it was a deut with Dionne Warwick and was writen by Peter Allen.

Alice Cooper - You And Me http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_15VPVK6MEI

Frank Sinatra - You And Me (We Wanted It All) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcGYbkSXRaU
"THEY'RE NEVER GONNA FIND YOUR FACE"

- ALICE COOPER

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 5383
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: Frank Sinatra Did Not Cover "You And Me" By Alice Cooper

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:12 pm

>Well it turns out it never actually happened.

This is nothing new and is not proof that Alice's song was never sung at a concert.

Desperado22
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher
Posts: 590
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:01 pm
Location: Dragontown

Re: Frank Sinatra Did Not Cover "You And Me" By Alice Cooper

Post by Desperado22 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:53 pm

I don't think that Alice would have made it up. Why would Alice lie?

This seems odd. :/
All Of My Life Was A Laugh And A Joke
And A Drink And A Smoke
And Then I Passed Out On The Floor

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher
Posts: 692
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:55 pm
Location: Hamilton Ontario

Re: Frank Sinatra Did Not Cover "You And Me" By Alice Cooper

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:11 pm

I don't think he lied, like the people on the Sinatra site said, he or someone probably got the two songs confused because they have the same name. It was said the song was performed at the Hollywood Bowl, Alice was there that night and pictured with Frank so that's probably where the rumor started.

On a side note, I can't believe some of the Sinatra fans thought Alice was dead lol
"THEY'RE NEVER GONNA FIND YOUR FACE"

- ALICE COOPER

Desperado22
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher
Posts: 590
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:01 pm
Location: Dragontown

Re: Frank Sinatra Did Not Cover "You And Me" By Alice Cooper

Post by Desperado22 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:47 pm

HORRORHOLIC wrote:I don't think he lied, like the people on the Sinatra site said, he or someone probably got the two songs confused because they have the same name. It was said the song was performed at the Hollywood Bowl, Alice was there that night and pictured with Frank so that's probably where the rumor started.

On a side note, I can't believe some of the Sinatra fans thought Alice was dead lol

Ok, thanks for info.
Yeah, I've met a few people who were shocked when I told them that Alice was still alive and touring lol.
All Of My Life Was A Laugh And A Joke
And A Drink And A Smoke
And Then I Passed Out On The Floor

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 5383
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: Frank Sinatra Did Not Cover "You And Me" By Alice Cooper

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:12 pm

>It was said the song was performed at the Hollywood Bowl, Alice was there that night and pictured with Frank so that's probably where the rumor started.

Your evidence doesn't prove that it never happened though. I am not saying it did, but your discovery doesn't prove anything.

Lucius Morthem
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby
Posts: 418
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:23 pm

Re: Frank Sinatra Did Not Cover "You And Me" By Alice Cooper

Post by Lucius Morthem » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:36 am

There are millions of songs with similar names....that doesn't proof that Sinatra didn't sang Alice's You And Me!

User avatar
scotty
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 1325
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:50 am
Location: US,ohio
Contact:

Re: Frank Sinatra Did Not Cover "You And Me" By Alice Cooper

Post by scotty » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:01 am

did michael landon do "I never cry" or did I dream that? lol

User avatar
VinceRaven
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby
Posts: 279
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:33 pm

Re: Frank Sinatra Did Not Cover "You And Me" By Alice Cooper

Post by VinceRaven » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:15 am

I fail to see how such a general discussion by a bunch of people on an Internet forum with patchy knowledge is proof of anything happening or not happening. I'm not saying it definitely did as we all know the number of myths surrounding Alice and he's argued himself for the positives of letting certain stories run, but this is just a bunch of people chatting. Some of whom weren't even aware he was still alive!

Diane D.
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher
Posts: 650
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:37 pm

Re: Frank Sinatra Did Not Cover "You And Me" By Alice Cooper

Post by Diane D. » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:33 pm

VinceRaven wrote:I fail to see how such a general discussion by a bunch of people on an Internet forum with patchy knowledge is proof of anything happening or not happening. I'm not saying it definitely did as we all know the number of myths surrounding Alice and he's argued himself for the positives of letting certain stories run, but this is just a bunch of people chatting. Some of whom weren't even aware he was still alive!
What are you talking about? I agree with you that some people on Internet forums may not have a lot of knowledge about Alice. But, this particular site is full of information. To say that people that post here or even on his Facebook page are not aware that he's still alive, is completely idiot. Most people here and Facebook are going to his shows and concerts, as much as they can, are still buying his albums, etc... Some people here knows Alice himself, knows his band, knows his crew, knows what's going on backstage. And as for this thread, Alice don't live in the past, and don't remember everything that he has done. Alice is leaving in the present and the future, and he is always doing new things and always will. As for me, my point of view is that I don't care if Frank Sinatra has done a cover of You and Me or if Alice has done a cover of Strangers in the night, what I care, is that he continue to do music.
[

User avatar
VinceRaven
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby
Posts: 279
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:33 pm

Re: Frank Sinatra Did Not Cover "You And Me" By Alice Cooper

Post by VinceRaven » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:23 pm

Diane D. wrote:
VinceRaven wrote:I fail to see how such a general discussion by a bunch of people on an Internet forum with patchy knowledge is proof of anything happening or not happening. I'm not saying it definitely did as we all know the number of myths surrounding Alice and he's argued himself for the positives of letting certain stories run, but this is just a bunch of people chatting. Some of whom weren't even aware he was still alive!
What are you talking about? I agree with you that some people on Internet forums may not have a lot of knowledge about Alice. But, this particular site is full of information. To say that people that post here or even on his Facebook page are not aware that he's still alive, is completely idiot. Most people here and Facebook are going to his shows and concerts, as much as they can, are still buying his albums, etc... Some people here knows Alice himself, knows his band, knows his crew, knows what's going on backstage. And as for this thread, Alice don't live in the past, and don't remember everything that he has done. Alice is leaving in the present and the future, and he is always doing new things and always will. As for me, my point of view is that I don't care if Frank Sinatra has done a cover of You and Me or if Alice has done a cover of Strangers in the night, what I care, is that he continue to do music.
I was talking about the Frank Sinatra forum and making the point that none of their comments appeared to be particularly well qualified. I can see the misunderstanding, though it's hilarious to think that I could have suggested that anyone on here was not aware that Alice was still alive.

User avatar
sickthing
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:29 am
Location: Malta

Re: Frank Sinatra Did Not Cover "You And Me" By Alice Cooper

Post by sickthing » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:26 pm

I had spoken to some die hard Sinatra collectors in trading circles online and the response I always got when asking about this was that it never really happenned.

User avatar
recoop
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 1886
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:58 pm
Location: York, England

Re: Frank Sinatra Did Not Cover "You And Me" By Alice Cooper

Post by recoop » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:59 pm

I hope Alice isn't being remarkably insincere. He does tell a good tale and some of them turn out to be remarkable true. Mind you over the years he's sort of signposted that he might not always be 100% accurate in his storytelling. We'll be questioning the snake coming up Charley Pride's toilet next!
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

Diane D.
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher
Posts: 650
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:37 pm

Re: Frank Sinatra Did Not Cover "You And Me" By Alice Cooper

Post by Diane D. » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:31 pm

VinceRaven wrote:
Diane D. wrote:
VinceRaven wrote:I fail to see how such a general discussion by a bunch of people on an Internet forum with patchy knowledge is proof of anything happening or not happening. I'm not saying it definitely did as we all know the number of myths surrounding Alice and he's argued himself for the positives of letting certain stories run, but this is just a bunch of people chatting. Some of whom weren't even aware he was still alive!
What are you talking about? I agree with you that some people on Internet forums may not have a lot of knowledge about Alice. But, this particular site is full of information. To say that people that post here or even on his Facebook page are not aware that he's still alive, is completely idiot. Most people here and Facebook are going to his shows and concerts, as much as they can, are still buying his albums, etc... Some people here knows Alice himself, knows his band, knows his crew, knows what's going on backstage. And as for this thread, Alice don't live in the past, and don't remember everything that he has done. Alice is leaving in the present and the future, and he is always doing new things and always will. As for me, my point of view is that I don't care if Frank Sinatra has done a cover of You and Me or if Alice has done a cover of Strangers in the night, what I care, is that he continue to do music.
I was talking about the Frank Sinatra forum and making the point that none of their comments appeared to be particularly well qualified. I can see the misunderstanding, though it's hilarious to think that I could have suggested that anyone on here was not aware that Alice was still alive.
Zut alors... I guess that it's me the idiot! :x See... that's why I post videos.
[

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 5383
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: Frank Sinatra Did Not Cover "You And Me" By Alice Cooper

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:34 pm

>We'll be questioning the snake coming up Charley Pride's toilet next!

Funnily enough, a newspaper was the origin of that story.

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher
Posts: 692
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:55 pm
Location: Hamilton Ontario

Re: Frank Sinatra Did Not Cover "You And Me" By Alice Cooper

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:52 am

I didn't mean for this to make this sound like I thought I made a huge groundbreaking discovery or anything. I just always assumed it (Frank covering Alice) was a fact. So when I read the information on that site it was the first time I heard anything different.

Did Frank cover the song ? well I guess it's possible, but if he did then there is absolutely no evidence of it happening. Again while it's possible, looking at all the facts it does make more sense that it was a misunderstanding, but I don't think Alice or anyone else intentionally lied.
"THEY'RE NEVER GONNA FIND YOUR FACE"

- ALICE COOPER

Desperado22
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher
Posts: 590
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:01 pm
Location: Dragontown

Re: Frank Sinatra Did Not Cover "You And Me" By Alice Cooper

Post by Desperado22 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:48 pm

I don't think it could have been a misunderstanding, as Alice also said that Frank told him that he's keep singing them if he kept writing them (or something like that lol).
All Of My Life Was A Laugh And A Joke
And A Drink And A Smoke
And Then I Passed Out On The Floor

User avatar
recoop
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 1886
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:58 pm
Location: York, England

Re: Frank Sinatra Did Not Cover "You And Me" By Alice Cooper

Post by recoop » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:15 pm

Re the Charley Pride story, if you watch Charley's face on Later with Jools Holland(uktv) when Alice is spinning the yarn..it is one of disbelief...re it being a newspaper story I am confident Alice's camp adept at giving the press a morsel or two... :rotfl:

Personally, I find Alice's tall tales hilarious and sometimes I am surprised when someone backs them up (mind you for a cynic like me that could be arranged too)
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 5383
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: Frank Sinatra Did Not Cover "You And Me" By Alice Cooper

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:33 pm

>if you watch Charley's face on Later with Jools Holland(uktv) when Alice is spinning the yarn..it is one of disbelief...

I didn't say it was true though. I said that no - one in connection with Alice was the source of the story.

>I am confident Alice's camp adept at giving the press a morsel or two.

They are good but not that good as far as this instance is concerned.

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher
Posts: 692
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:55 pm
Location: Hamilton Ontario

Re: Frank Sinatra Did Not Cover "You And Me" By Alice Cooper

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:36 pm

Desperado22 wrote:I don't think it could have been a misunderstanding, as Alice also said that Frank told him that he's keep singing them if he kept writing them (or something like that lol).
Maybe John Lennon was standing on one side of the stage and Jim Morrison was standing on the other side while Frank performed it AKA Alice sometimes "exaggerates" stories lol He probably though it was true and put an "Alice" spin on it. Or who knows, maybe it did happen.
"THEY'RE NEVER GONNA FIND YOUR FACE"

- ALICE COOPER

Post Reply