Alice open to Billion Dollar Babies 40th anniversary shows

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Alice open to Billion Dollar Babies 40th anniversary shows

Post by steven_crayn » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:58 am

about 14 mins in, start saving those pennies!

http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/fiv ... -1335a.mp3
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

nightmare 18
Trash
Trash

Re: Alice open to Billion Dollar Babies 40th anniversary sho

Post by nightmare 18 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:01 pm

Cheers for the link Steven and do you think these would be American shows or was there not a rumour around Hall of Fame time that original members were going to play 5 big cities in Europe.

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:22 pm

Its a nice dream this one- would play a lot more for ticket-Intuitively, I can't see this happening. I will keep hoping. Great linK/info..ta.
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:27 pm

Going to put my neck on the line and say this is never going to happen!

I think he will be going with this current tour for a couple of years.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:07 am

>do you think these would be American shows

It was a casual comment. It would be great if people (for a change) could resist reading anything into it.

>or was there not a rumour around Hall of Fame time that original members were going to play 5 big cities in Europe.

Yes.

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:24 am

Unfortunatley, in order to fully appreciate what this thread is about exactly, one has to listen to something I can't listen to right now. However, if this is about an ACG (minus Glen) re-union for a B$B Anniversary tour, then yes, it would be great but can't see it happening for some reason - don't know why, that's just the feeling I get.

old school vet
Killer
Killer

Post by old school vet » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:56 pm

I was lucky enough to see the 2010 Christmas pudding show because I did'nt think that they would ever get together again. I would gladly walk bare foot on hot coals and broken glass to see them do this show, but I think my size eights are safe...

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:40 pm

I believe Alice's comment was something along the lines of him, "Not saying no...." to a B$B Anniversary tour. Obviously, that is a long way from saying, "Yes, there will be a B$B Anniversary tour." I can't take much hope in an off-hand comment on a radio show. (Didn't AC say there would be a LOT of W2MN songs on the current tour? hhhmmmm)

tuneylune
Dada God
Dada God

Post by tuneylune » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:51 pm

Can't ever see this happening , although I sure had hoped it always would. But, it wouldn't be the same without Glen and very few reunions can ever capture the initial magic.
"I need everything the world owes me..."

Somwhere In Auckland
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Somwhere In Auckland » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:53 am

I would gladly take the whole B$B album played in full with the current lineup as a second option :evil:

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:22 am

Can't ever see this happening , although I sure had hoped it always would. But, it wouldn't be the same without Glen and very few reunions can ever capture the initial magic.
I couldn't agree more with all that.

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:32 am

What I always dreamt of many years ago was a special show as Alice's farewell tour where he went through his career onstage. This show would start with members of ACG and stage props from that era and move through the different stages of Alice's career. For example, when playing B$B songs, Cooper would wear the leopard spotted boots with B$B stage effects. Then onto WTMN where Wagner, Hunter would come on, Alice would change into that ripped red 'leotard' thing (with tail) and maybe the cyclops would cope on etc etc.

The show wouldn't be a million miles from 'The King of the Silver Screen' tour in essence.

scotmw65
Trash
Trash

Post by scotmw65 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:07 am

I like that vision.Cyclops,leopard boots,the whole idea is very cool.Shep and Alice have to consider that,the cyclops was always cool.The drill and the roach clip,ha!!!

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:04 pm

old school vet wrote:I was lucky enough to see the 2010 Christmas pudding show because I did'nt think that they would ever get together again. I would gladly walk bare foot on hot coals and broken glass to see them do this show, but I think my size eights are safe...
That's one of the reasons I went too as I didn't think it would ever happen again, but Alice often surprises and a Billion Dollar Babies 40th anniversary reunion show in say LA, New York or Detroit is it so impossible?

It was a surprise seeing Hello Hooray being played on this tour, wouldn't be surprised to see the survivors of the original band at least make a guest appearance with Alice in 2013.
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:11 pm

Is the 40th anniversary of Billion Dollar Babies next year going to be allowed to just pass by like the 40th anniversary of School's Out was this year?

Both could have had reissues with extra stuff it's all the rage now, only recently we have had the 20th anniversary reissue edition of Manic Street Preachers 'Generation Terrorists' & Jethro Tull's 40th anniversary edition of 'Thick As A Brick' both classics like 'School's Out' & 'Billion Dollar Babies'.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:36 pm

steven_crayn wrote:Is the 40th anniversary of Billion Dollar Babies next year going to be allowed to just pass by like the 40th anniversary of School's Out was this year?

Both could have had reissues with extra stuff it's all the rage now, only recently we have had the 20th anniversary reissue edition of Manic Street Preachers 'Generation Terrorists' & Jethro Tull's 40th anniversary edition of 'Thick As A Brick' both classics like 'School's Out' & 'Billion Dollar Babies'.
That was already done with the deluxe version of "Billion Dollar Babies".
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

Desperado22
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Desperado22 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:48 pm

I doubt it will ever happen but it would be really great. I'm not getting my hopes up though as it's not like Alice has committed to it. Atm he's just saying 'you never know' lol.
All Of My Life Was A Laugh And A Joke
And A Drink And A Smoke
And Then I Passed Out On The Floor

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:03 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:
steven_crayn wrote:Is the 40th anniversary of Billion Dollar Babies next year going to be allowed to just pass by like the 40th anniversary of School's Out was this year?

not really, 2001 deluxe edition reissue didnt mark a special anniversary like next year being the 40th, even though the bonus CD is the best officially released live Alice Cooper audio, the 40th anniversary should be marked with a special reissue with it being the most successful album.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:16 pm

steven_crayn wrote:
RemarkablyInsincere wrote:

not really, 2001 deluxe edition reissue didnt mark a special anniversary like next year being the 40th, even though the bonus CD is the best officially released live Alice Cooper audio, the 40th anniversary should be marked with a special reissue with it being the most successful album.
To do this just for the sake of doing it doesn't make much sense to me if there is nothing new to offer in the way of unreleased or rare material.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."