Thoughts On "Elected" as set closer?

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Willtobeweird
Trash
Trash

Thoughts On "Elected" as set closer?

Post by Willtobeweird » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:33 am

Let me start this isnt slating the Brand new "raise the dead" set At All...as i went to both the cardiff and the wolverhampton show and LOVED it, BUT does anybody else feel kinda a tad dissapointed when they see Alice and he doesnt end on elected? ive enjoyed alice every time ive sene him (hell how could you not..best live act around bar none) but for me thats the quintesential Alice set closer! Theres just something about that song that sends me home with a smile on my face and without it in the set i always no matter how strong the set is before it feel just a little bit like something was missing.

some bands have a Fixed set closer..like Guns N Roses for example ALWAYS end on paradise city and its known worldwide when you hear that guitair intro its the last song.. and thtas kidna how ive always thought of Elected being in my head, I guess tho it could be stale for Alice to ALWAYS play that one and to have it as the ending song on every tour,

For example schools out finished the last two nights..everyone clappiung and loving it (as they should), cheering etc and i still cant help but thin..yeah..great closer to a great set..BUT its no Elected

Anybody else feel the same way? or dont really care?

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Thoughts On "Elected" as set closer?

Post by steven_crayn » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:17 am

Agreed, drop Dirty Diamonds move an existing song in its place and put Elected at the end simples
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

tuneylune
Dada God
Dada God

Post by tuneylune » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:22 am

Always liked "Elected" and he usually closes with it during an Election Year anyway...strange. I once saw a bumper sticker which read "Don't Blame Me...I voted for Alice Cooper!"
WTBW, how many times have you seen the Master?
"I need everything the world owes me..."

NeilPearson
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by NeilPearson » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:42 pm

Elected is a great show closer and there is one part I particularly miss. In the past Alice has used it to introduce the band which is our opportunity to show our appreciation for them individually. Correct me if I'm wrong (and no doubt, someone will!) but I don't think he has name-checked the band on this tour so far?

Willtobeweird
Trash
Trash

Post by Willtobeweird » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:07 pm

tuneylune wrote:Always liked "Elected" and he usually closes with it during an Election Year anyway...strange. I once saw a bumper sticker which read "Don't Blame Me...I voted for Alice Cooper!"
6 Times now...Not nearly enough

and so far NO he hasnt introducced the band.

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:33 pm

Elected is a gr8 closer with some flag waving- I'm biased towards Elected live as was at wembley Arena 86- song was fantastic live..I was up in the gods-right at back(not the best ticket in theory) and the sound was bouncing off the walls- took a friend and he was converted to Alice-great closer
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by cooperrocks » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:55 pm

I am probably in the minority on this one but of the hits, "Elected" is probably my least favorite.

Spot and Jerome
Killer
Killer

Post by Spot and Jerome » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:36 pm

cooperrocks wrote:I am probably in the minority on this one but of the hits, "Elected" is probably my least favorite.
one more for the minority here
To forgive is divine, but vengeance is mine

Somwhere In Auckland
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Somwhere In Auckland » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:55 pm

tuneylune wrote:Always liked "Elected" and he usually closes with it during an Election Year anyway...strange. I once saw a bumper sticker which read "Don't Blame Me...I voted for Alice Cooper!"
Back for the US shows following UK?

Robbie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Robbie » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:54 am

Love the song but I suspect it is a hard one to sing at the end of a show. The chorus is especially high and the long notes take some doing especially after singing for 90 minutes.Maybe that's why he drops it on some tours.

Desperado22
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Desperado22 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:54 am

I like Elected as a closer, but I don't really feel disappointed when it isn't played. He plays so many great songs that I'm not too bothered if this one gets left out sometimes.

Personally, I think School's Out ends the show just as upbeat and thrilling as Elected, so I'm not really worried about it.

Not that I would complain if it was added in lol. Maybe when he goes back to the States.
All Of My Life Was A Laugh And A Joke
And A Drink And A Smoke
And Then I Passed Out On The Floor

Inmate
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Inmate » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:39 pm

I honestly think Elected is his best closer.
"I'm just another case…”

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:14 am

I don't like Elected live - he doesn't/can't give it the vocal performance it requires. The song is built on that 'campaign-like' vocal in essence which he managed to re-capture (with technology) on that 'Alice does Alice' thing.