Poison Live

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Diane D.
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: Poison Live

Post by Diane D. » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:25 pm

I like that song. Again, perfect for this time of year, it's Halloween! Frankenstein... Horror movies, Halloween...
[

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:41 pm

Diane D. wrote:I like that song. Again, perfect for this time of year, it's Halloween! Frankenstein... Horror movies, Halloween...
Ok, you're the first one who admits liking it. ;)
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:21 pm

[quote="RemarkablyInsincere")"Feed my Frankenstein" already? I'm not sure I've ever met *anybody* that says they actually really like that song.[/quote]

I like that song as well.
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:10 pm

Sure, all the sudden everybody likes it. :/

I don't hate it, it's an OK song, but to be in the set as often as it is in the set is always a head scratcher.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:16 pm

How about they give the monster hi-top tennis shoes and an iPhone and turn him into "Teenage Frankenstein"?

Lucius Morthem
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Lucius Morthem » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:18 pm

hahahaha Great Idea!!!!!!!
You made me think of Give it Up...Don't know why !

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:36 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:But for the love of God, would Alice drop "Feed my Frankenstein" already? I'm not sure I've ever met *anybody* that says they actually really like that song.
Sure you have. I do! :)

Hunter

Feezle-Nuts
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Feezle-Nuts » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:59 pm

I like the studio version of FMF. The way he sings the live version though...I don't like it.

He dropped OWB finally....baby steps. ;)

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:02 pm

SickThings wrote:
RemarkablyInsincere wrote:But for the love of God, would Alice drop "Feed my Frankenstein" already? I'm not sure I've ever met *anybody* that says they actually really like that song.
Sure you have. I do! :)

Hunter
I know we've had this discussion, but I never got the impression you really loved it!

So you really think it's a song deserving of being in the setlist more often than not?

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:19 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:So you really think it's a song deserving of being in the setlist more often than not?
I do. If it were dropped, I wouldn't be terribly upset about it, but that's true of everything that gets played. If I had my druthers, "Welcome To My Nightmare" would always be included, but it isn't---and I'm OK with that.

I think "Feed My Frankenstein" is a great song, and I enjoy it in the set.

Hunter

Desperado22
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Desperado22 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:40 pm

I like FMF. I'm a little tired of it always being in the setlist lately though. I still enjoy the song but I think it's overused.
All Of My Life Was A Laugh And A Joke
And A Drink And A Smoke
And Then I Passed Out On The Floor

bruna8728
Trash
Trash

Post by bruna8728 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:43 am

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:How about they give the monster hi-top tennis shoes and an iPhone and turn him into "Teenage Frankenstein"?
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Good idea

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:33 pm

>It seems like it's a different song as the tune isn't really that similar to the original song.

I wouldn't go that far, but yes, I think the arrangement is slightly different and I don't think there's anything particularly unusual about that.

>In the 90's it sounded great.

Which tours are you specifically referring to? A sample was used on the "Alice Cooper Trashes The World" tour (and I think on the "Hey Stoopid" tour).

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:43 pm

>it sounded good on SCD but then it sounded like a studio recording with live vocals.

Yes.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:54 pm

>Under My Wheels is one of his classic and he didn't play it last show (or Am i wrong?)

Yes, you are.

Sarah
Killer
Killer

Post by Sarah » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:08 pm

I agree that Poison is such a well-produced song, the studio version can't really be replicated live without the backing singers and keyboards as has been pointed out. That said, for some reason I thought it sounded better live during the last tour than at any other time in the recent past... I'm not exactly sure why. Either way, I never get sick of hearing it because it's such a fun song to sing along with.

cherrypie
Spacebrain Vagabond
Spacebrain Vagabond

Post by cherrypie » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:38 pm

Sarah wrote:I agree that Poison is such a well-produced song, the studio version can't really be replicated live without the backing singers and keyboards as has been pointed out. That said, for some reason I thought it sounded better live during the last tour than at any other time in the recent past... I'm not exactly sure why. Either way, I never get sick of hearing it because it's such a fun song to sing along with.
Agreed
I hate Opera, I hate Oprah
http://www.fountainlife.blogspot.com

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:38 pm

last night it sounded particularly good clarity with the guitars and backing vocals closer to the record.
I've noticed how much the backing vocals have come on since Tommy and Orianthi joined the band, Chuck and Ryan are singing good too.

I would imagine after School's Out & 18 it is the third song on the setlist and will always be played.

Feed My Frankenstien is an important song with it being in a major movie it is hard to drop and works well theatrically.
I like it myself and if you listen to the Zodiac Mindwarp original you can hear how much better Alice's version is, owing much to Vai & Satriani.

In a similar way just listen to the roots of Poison to hear how much Alice and Desmond Child transformed John McCurry's classic riff on John Waite's 'Encircled', it's good but not in the same league as Poison.

http://youtu.be/ewK3Su10g7E
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

tuneylune
Dada God
Dada God

Post by tuneylune » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:44 am

I know what you mean! Good song, but give it a rest for a few tours as well as "Go To Hell", "Ballad of Dwight Frye" (blasphemy to some I know, but he's been doing it too many tours and it just doesn't pack a punch and he sounded winded the last few times-love the LITD version-forever) and "I Love The Dead"
Too many good songs to choose from and he is very active on stage, so I still appreciate whatever he does.
Saw the Chile 1995 show on a friend's disc and quite good-"Poison" was probably not a big hit there which is why he left it out. Don't care for TRASH, but "Poison" was a big hit as pointed out by several posters, so we'll be seeing it forever-maybe Alice needs some back up singers on it and assorted songs.
Thought Devon Meade was really good on AC TRASHES THE WORLD and was gorgeous to boot. Does anyone know what she is doing these days?
"I need everything the world owes me..."

Desperado22
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Desperado22 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:58 am

I never thought I'd say this, but I really enjoyed Poison last night. Still not as good as it was in the 90's but it's getting closer.
Alice is on fire atm. I'm still on a high from last night's concert.
All Of My Life Was A Laugh And A Joke
And A Drink And A Smoke
And Then I Passed Out On The Floor